Billy Napier Intro Press Conference Thread; immediately followed with live Oxcast

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
My goodness, this Pruitt woman is a hard pass. No wonder her husband wore his mask/gaiter up over his eyes last year. Notice how, unlike Napier above, they didn't feel the need to specify the state Casey is from, just the town. The semi-downs, inbred face and fat arms just scream Alabama
. And of course this poor Casey, yeesh. Looks like she struggles with velcro shoes.
I couldn’t figure out on my phone how to cut the page in half and only keep the part with Ali Napier.

As for Casey, I wouldn’t be too hard on her. Despite what we may think, bagging her was quite an accomplishment for a guy who looks like this:
upload_2021-12-10_15-52-13.png

Seriously, where is he from, Remulac?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I couldn’t figure out on my phone how to cut the page in half and only keep the part with Ali Napier.

As for Casey, I wouldn’t be too hard on her. Despite what we may think, bagging her was quite an accomplishment for a guy who looks like this:

Also Alabama.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

He serves mass quantities in the box lunch to players.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hey guys, I am sorry for sidetracking this thread a little bit by choosing it as the place to announce that my Mom has died. I really was in shock when I wrote that.

When my Dad called me I was sitting on the couch with my laptop on my lap, waiting for the Dolphin game and Billy Nap's presser. I was in the process of writing a post here, so I deleted what I'd written and wrote that instead.

Thank you to everyone for expressing your condolences. I read every post and sincerely appreciate them. You are good people. Or at least you were on that day haha.

My buddy @NOLAGATOR was kind enough to start a dedicated sympathy thread for me in the Political Forum so I will write more there.

Thank you again to each and every one of you for your kind and thoughtful words.

And by the way just to leave an on-topic post, I watched the press conference and am feeling very confident that Strychnine somehow managed to hire the right guy for the job.

God Bless.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Before all is said and done, a lot of 4 and 5 star players are going to stand in line to play for him.

Videos like that are the biggest reason why I’m cautious of him losing too many players, recruits or roster. Yes, those are fourth year guys or his own recent recruits, but that’s a lot like what our locker room looked like at the end of 2005 as well. You have to keep these guys engaged and they’ll eventually buy in and get it. Those guys love him today, but by his own admission, there will be days when they don’t along the way. Can’t just allow them to fall away, or you never see moments like that. I’m growing more confident that he gets to that point though.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndyWittry: I believe @SInow referenced this, but before Bedlam, an agent named Devin Bonik emailed Florida AD Scott Stricklin, claiming:

- "[Mike Gundy] feels the timing is now right to make a career move to a special place like Florida"
- Gundy turned down Arkansas, FSU and Tennessee (x2)

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
@AndyWittry: I believe @SInow referenced this, but before Bedlam, an agent named Devin Bonik emailed Florida AD Scott Stricklin, claiming:

- "[Mike Gundy] feels the timing is now right to make a career move to a special place like Florida"

My first question would be is this guy really his agent. My second would be who leaked this to the media. Second question was rhetorical, btw.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I'm gonna guess he sends emails like this pretty regular

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

No way that’s legit. :lol:

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
What are we, 2 weeks in? I have to admit, as cautious as I was about this hire, Napier has done everything right so far. I knew there were shortcomings in the program compared to other places, but in 2 weeks he seems to have fixed much of what was wrong and even invented something novel with the NIL Exchange. The recruiting gets were also a very nice surprise. He gets it. Glad to have him here in the Orange and Blue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.