Billy Napier Intro Press Conference Thread; immediately followed with live Oxcast

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Dafuq is she wearing?

Clearly mormons. Likely to bail as soon as the BYU job comes open. She's already telling us she hates Gainesville, as bluntly as Megs Mullen told us, by wearing Temple Garments to the presser.

lds-temple-dresses-a.jpg

We hardly knew ya Napes.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Watch this starting at the 8:15 mark - this is an LSU guy talking about BN being "a problem":

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Watch this starting at the 8:15 mark - this is an LSU guy talking about BN being "a problem":

That was really insightful. This looks like BN's first real steal. I love Corey Raymond and how he coaches the corners and how he recruits.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wait until Napier starts plucking high level La recruits out of LSU’s backyard. The meltdown will be epic.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wait until Napier starts plucking high level La recruits out of LSU’s backyard. The meltdown will be epic.
Yeah, to me there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Napier would have been a far better hire for them than Kelly. They are going to regret it for a long time.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
They likely thought they had Lincoln Riley in hand.
I was convinced we needed to hire a whale like Riley, but then I have zero experience with these matters. The more I see of Napier he seems like the better pick. The irony in this is the folks making this decision at LSU, you know, the so-called professionals, also convinced themselves of this and as a result never really considered him or had him way down their list. They will regret that decision early and possibly often.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hey guys, I am sorry for sidetracking this thread a little bit by choosing it as the place to announce that my Mom has died. I really was in shock when I wrote that.

When my Dad called me I was sitting on the couch with my laptop on my lap, waiting for the Dolphin game and Billy Nap's presser. I was in the process of writing a post here, so I deleted what I'd written and wrote that instead.

Thank you to everyone for expressing your condolences. I read every post and sincerely appreciate them. You are good people. Or at least you were on that day haha.

My buddy @NOLAGATOR was kind enough to start a dedicated sympathy thread for me in the Political Forum so I will write more there.

Thank you again to each and every one of you for your kind and thoughtful words.

And by the way just to leave an on-topic post, I watched the press conference and am feeling very confident that Strychnine somehow managed to hire the right guy for the job.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Hey guys, I am sorry for sidetracking this thread a little bit by choosing it as the place to announce that my Mom has died. I really was in shock when I wrote that.

When my Dad called me I was sitting on the couch with my laptop on my lap, waiting for the Dolphin game and Billy Nap's presser. I was in the process of writing a post here, so I deleted what I'd written and wrote that instead.

Thank you to everyone for expressing your condolences. I read every post and sincerely appreciate them. You are good people. Or at least you were on that day haha.

My buddy @NOLAGATOR was kind enough to start a dedicated sympathy thread for me in the Political Forum so I will write more there.

Thank you again to each and every one of you for your kind and thoughtful words.

And by the way just to leave an on-topic post, I watched the press conference and am feeling very confident that Strychnine somehow managed to hire the right guy for the job.

Glad you’re back, GGG! I hope all is well as can possibly be for you and your family at this time.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

Absolutely no need to apologize. I know I felt humbled that you were willing to share such a personal moment with us. I feel like a heel for not saying it until now, but I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family are coping during this difficult time by leaning on one another while honoring your mother's memory.

My father passed about 7 years ago now, and I have to tell you that it does get easier with time, but the feeling of loss never goes away. If your experience is anything like mine you will think about her everyday and miss her every time you do. I think it's just something we carry with us from the day of their passing until the day of our own.

Last edited:

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019

His comment "LSU people wouldn't even consider (Billy Napier for the LSU job) because of where he coached (UL Laf)." This make sense with LSU mindset. A UL Laf grad told me that they wanted to change the schools name to University of Louisiana--and drop the Laf part--and the La legislature denied the change because the LSU alums in the state house didn't want UL Laf to have stature rivaling LSU with the straightforward "University of Louisiana". The LSU old guard wants to keep UL Laf on a sub-level. I think BN will get extra-pumped to beat the corn-dogs each year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
His comment "LSU people wouldn't even consider (Billy Napier for the LSU job) because of where he coached (UL Laf)." This make sense with LSU mindset. A UL Laf grad told me that they wanted to change the schools name to University of Louisiana--and drop the Laf part--and the La legislature denied the change because the LSU alums in the state house didn't want UL Laf to have stature rivaling LSU with the straightforward "University of Louisiana". The LSU old guard wants to keep UL Laf on a sub-level. I think BN will get extra-pumped to beat the corn-dogs each year.

We need to find a way to get him extra-pumped to beat UGA. Maybe tell him that they called his wife a skank or something.... :)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dafuq is she wearing?

It’s a dated photo, but at least she has at one time owned more standard clothing:

I also found this on my internet search. (From Tuscaloosa magazine) I like her answers (No comment on the other gal on the page.)

My goodness, this Pruitt woman is a hard pass. No wonder her husband wore his mask/gaiter up over his eyes last year. Notice how, unlike Napier above, they didn't feel the need to specify the state Casey is from, just the town. The semi-downs, inbred face and fat arms just scream Alabama.

As for Ali, I like her. She looks like a great face of UF. I also have no issue with the dress on Sunday, and commend her for being more modest. She's jumping out of a plane and meeting hundreds of people for the the first time in a town she's suddenly moving to, and some of you want her to look like she's straight out of a Cher video. Megan always seemed like she tried too hard. Ali looks like she's comfortable with who she is, with no lack of confidence. And of course this poor Casey, yeesh. Looks like she struggles with velcro shoes.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorsScott: Napier says he spent a lot of time thinking about why #Gators have been unable to sustain success in recent years before taking that job. Didn't share his conclusions publicly but says commitment is there from up top. Says he is going to build an elite-player atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.