Status
Not open for further replies.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a picture of Napier at his press conference today. Dude is deadly serious and intense. Let's hope that intensity translates into victories.

UWN4WMLMWBGIBGKAXKKQI5DLXU.jpg

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a picture of Napier at his press conference today. Dude is deadly serious and intense. Let's hope that intensity translates into victories.

UWN4WMLMWBGIBGKAXKKQI5DLXU.jpg

You can tell a lot about a man simply from a picture. Killer instinct for sure. Not the kind of guy you want to spill your drink on and think you'll get away with it.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Well, Billy Napier was not my first choice, but relatively speaking, I am okay with the hire because he is better than any of the candidates I thought Fuchs & Co. would be willing to sign off on hiring.

Frankly speaking, due to the current political climate, I was convinced there would be an insistence by The Powers That Be that it was time for UF to hire its first minority head coach, since FSU and UM have already done it.

Mind you, as a matter of principle, of course I have no objection to hiring a minority coach. I just didn't think there were any highly qualified candidates available right now, and didn't like the idea of "settling" just to satisfy a demographic criteria. I was resigned to that being what was going to happen, though. I still have not gotten over my surprise that they hired a guy like Napier.

To be honest I am still a little concerned that Napier's extremely Southern manner might be a little off-putting to some "urban" recruits, just because it's coming from a guy without a P5 track record as a head coach. When Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney throw their rings on the table, nobody cares how they talk. In fact, they hardly need to say anything. Napier's going to have more persuading to do. We shall see if he is persuasive or not. I am keeping a totally open mind and hoping for the best.

As I said, I never really thought he'd be hired in the first place, so I only started doing a lot of reading about him yesterday. I have been encouraged by everything I've read so far. If he can find a way to get off to a good start next year, and create the impression that the Gators are the hot, up-and-coming team...

then I reckon it won't much matter how Sling Blade talks mhmm hmmm.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I was listening to a podcast by local broadcasters Frank Frangie and Dan Hicken and heard something I'd never heard before. A McElwain assisstant told Hicken that Matt Corrall was dead set on coming to UF no matter what. Mullen told him to tell Corrall he wasn't interested and he was going with Emery Jones. I almost threw my laptop down my den stairs when I heard this. Geezus Chryst.

Perhaps this just confirms that Cousin Eddie is known as Cousin Eddie because of a lot more than the physical resemblance.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
resized_250499-4cnapier2colbw_28-26798_t800.JPG

Now that he is leaving the sticks and doesn't have to worry about head lice anymore, somebody ought to talk Billy Naps into growing that hair out a little bit. At least on the top.

High & tights are in these days. His cut is just tight & tighter. Loosen up a little, Coach! That goes for your wallet, too. Covid is over and you're getting a good salary, you no longer need to save money by shaving your own head.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
resized_250499-4cnapier2colbw_28-26798_t800.JPG

Now that he is leaving the sticks and doesn't have to worry about head lice anymore, somebody ought to talk Billy Naps into growing that hair out a little bit. At least on the top.

High & tights are in these days. His cut is just tight & tighter. Loosen up a little, Coach! That goes for your wallet, too. Covid is over and you're getting a good salary, you no longer need to save money by shaving your own head.
He's too busy crooting and fantasizing about giving that same "He got a pretty mouth on him don't he" look to Kirby to worry about hair.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
He's too busy crooting and fantasizing about giving that same "He got a pretty mouth on him don't he" look to Kirby to worry about hair.
I think he took Chump too literally when he said crootin's like shaving, you gotta do it every day or you look like a bum.

He meant your face, Billy, not your head!

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I remember @Swamp Donkey talking about Tebow and Percy, saying that they'd be great in any offense in CFB. They were just that good and they were going to win a championship.

Well that's why you hire good recruiters. Get the guys who are going to win regardless. And let's hope that once he gets a top shelf QB, he'll open things up. And by that I mean, if AR stays.

Just a side note: 5 star Harvin's primary recruiter was Billy Gonzales, the only 5 star he got. A blind pig finds corn once in awhile.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I was listening to a podcast by local broadcasters Frank Frangie and Dan Hicken and heard something I'd never heard before. A McElwain assisstant told Hicken that Matt Corrall was dead set on coming to UF no matter what. Mullen told him to tell Corrall he wasn't interested and he was going with Emery Jones. I almost threw my laptop down my den stairs when I heard this. Geezus Chryst.
I have been called Looney by Donk and his coterie many times for complaining about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.