Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
i say meh, but i also dont care what she looks like. you seen saban's old hag? no wonder he sleeps in his office.
Yeah but Saban has a side piece with a REAL big ass. In fact here he is telling Slingblade about her, aight?

74302e61d8251549e94c24822fa80fed

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Necrophilia is such an unseemly little vice. Don't you think? And FTR, I'll take your word that your trombone is rusty as absolute hell. Long-term disuse can be a maintenance nightmare.
upload_2021-12-1_19-21-16.jpeg

**Rusty equals going in dry too often; not enough lubricant. Must’ve been in prison at some point.**

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
...and anyway, why is Napier reaching out to top coordinators and assistants from other teams?? Seems strange. I was told that if you're a low-rent coach who gets a high-rent job, you're supposed to bring all your low-rent assistants with you? :scratchhead: Isn't loyalty more important than success?? This new guy has a weird way of doing things. :crazy:

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
That's an excellent question. I'd like to see him come off the plane Sunday with these 3 guys. I would have a good feeling about our teams direction if that were to happen! But not going to start dreaming now it would be nice though.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
G.Gordon Gator
How does "BeGatorsToday" know who Napier is reaching out to?
That's an excellent question. I'd like to see him come off the plane Sunday with these 3 guys. I would have a good feeling about our teams direction if that were to happen! But not going to start dreaming now it would be nice though.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I'd like to see him come off the plane Sunday with these 3 guys.
Prepare to be disappointed; he’s not coming off the plane with anyone other than his family. Nobody brings assts to their intro presser.
And no way he gets Sale and Herman, unless Herman is willing to be a position coach only, which seems unlikely.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Prepare to be disappointed; he’s not coming off the plane with anyone other than his family. Nobody brings assts to their intro presser.
And no way he gets Sale and Herman, unless Herman is willing to be a position coach only, which seems unlikely.

Herman as OC/Quarterbacks, Sale as Assistant Head Coach/OL. Or he’s putting out OC feelers to both to see who takes it first. But they come from two decidedly different backgrounds.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Herman as OC/Quarterbacks, Sale as Assistant Head Coach/OL. Or he’s putting out OC feelers to both to see who takes it first. But they come from two decidedly different backgrounds.
I agree, but I don’t think either come unless they are the top offensive assistant, unless Herman really wants to be a coach again and sooner rather than later. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be thrilled to get them both. I just don’t see it happening.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, but I don’t think either come unless they are the top offensive assistant, unless Herman really wants to be a coach again and sooner rather than later. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be thrilled to get them both. I just don’t see it happening.

Napier and Sale go back together a number of years. The familiarity and trust factor runs deep. I would have to think Napier knows in advance the likelihood of Sale joining him at UF and the degree of flexibility it could entail. I also think he’s looking for complementary roles for Sale and Herman, the latter of whom would fill the important quarterbacks coach role and run a more dynamic offense.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Napier and Sale go back together a number of years. The familiarity and trust factor runs deep. I would have to think Napier knows in advance the likelihood of Sale joining him at UF and the degree of flexibility it could entail. I also think he’s looking for complementary roles for Sale and Herman, the latter of whom would fill the important quarterbacks coach role and run a more dynamic offense.
I’d love for you to be right and me to be wrong.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Napier and Sale go back together a number of years. .
Sale left last year. When you are making seven figures like Napier, you can afford to wait for the right position, but turning down Auburn probably meant those Asst Coached not getting to double their salary. I can see why he might leave.

I'd much rather see Herman, of course, and the forward pass back on the menu. But you have no idea what the interdynamics would be.

get ready to be on the OC roller coaster every single year. if they are mediocre they'll get hired away to a head coach position. I suspect Carmen's going to want to wait and see what O'Brien does.

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
...and anyway, why is Napier reaching out to top coordinators and assistants from other teams?? Seems strange. I was told that if you're a low-rent coach who gets a high-rent job, you're supposed to bring all your low-rent assistants with you? :scratchhead: Isn't loyalty more important than success?? This new guy has a weird way of doing things. :crazy:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sale left last year. When you.are making seven figures you can afford to wait for the right position, but turning down Auburn probably meant those Asst Coached not getting to double their salary. I can see why he might leave.

I'd much rather see Herman, of course, and the forward pass back on the menu. But you have no idea what the interdynamics would be.

I would, too, and yet you know Napier tends to lean toward the run. Sale was his running game coordinator at Arizona State. He can fill a lot of slots. Thus why I can imagine Napier wanting to find a way to expand his role to entice him.

But money will be a factor. There’s only so much to dole out. It may come down to an either or for Sale and Herman.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I would, too, and yet you know Napier tends to lean toward the run. Sale was his running game coordinator at Arizona State. He can fill a lot of slots. Thus why I can imagine Napier wanting to find a way to expand his role to entice him.

But money will be a factor. There’s only so much to dole out. It may come down to an either or for Sale and Herman.
Not if I'm Billy and have already told SS that he needs the money necessary to hire his staff. Pony up and let the tennis team have a bake sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.