Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
This is the problem, if we are comparing this guy to the last three hires we have accept mediocrity. I got blasted when I said the same thing about Mullen, but it's true. When we are using the last three hires as the bar at UF, then we have truly fallen off.

After the DM hire, I choked back my disappointment and decided to give the guy a chance. But I knew deep down that we were in decline when DM was hired. If he truly was the "best" we could do, there was no arguing that the program was not down at least a peg or two. I remember posting the "O, how the mighty are fallen" lament from the Old Testament when the hire was announced. Sometimes it sucks to be right, especially when you have no confidence in this administration to make a really good hire - now or ever. But I'm a Gator 'til I die and I'll roll with whatever comes next - one way or the other. But I won't suffer in silence if the slow-motion schytt-show the program has become goes on for yet another 3-5 years of "Just how low can you phukkin go?"

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Ed O is the biggest, fattest, whitest, ugliest moron any of us have ever seen, yet he can recruit like nobody's business. Have you seen Kirby Smart? He looks and sounds like a dumber version of Gomer Pyle.

When are people going to realize looks (or speech) don't have anything to do with recruiting?

of course it does.

lagator said so :lol:
Featured - Head Coaching Candidates Thread

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
So you're telling me his entire recruiting class is from Louisiana?

Dude, Ed O has recruited well at every school he's been at - and it's been a LOT of schools all over the damn country.

I used to like Coach O...Coach O let the NC go to his head and then had a mid-life crisis

That said...LSU has it a bit easier for local talent...it's harder to recruit people who have issues with the state...like most of y'all

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
His type of offense aside, the biggest issue with Napier is "scalability."

A single Walmart has the same fundamental operations as Walmart corporate: financials, HR, supply chain, customer relations...

You can be the greatest manager of a single Walmart (or even regional manager) of all time, but it don't mean ya can be the CEO of Walmart tomorrow morning, even if you have a plan.

Napier is a calculated risk on the edge of being a straight up gamble vs a current P5 coach with similar attributes.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
A concern of mine is the players mutinied against Mullen (albeit with good reason) but what's to say it won't happen again to this guy. if he is as stiff as he looks.

Because Mullen is an arrogant ass...may the force be with you.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A concern of mine is the players mutinied against Mullen (albeit with good reason) but what's to say it won't happen again to this guy. if he is as stiff as he looks.

That sounds like the Sky is Falling Syndrome..

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
I used to like Coach O...Coach O let the NC go to his head and then had a mild-life crisis

That said...LSU has it a bit easier for local talent...it's harder to recruit people who have issues with the state...like most of y'all
Agreed. Slim pickings in Louisiana for top tier football programs...there's only one. In Florida, you've got the Big 3 who have been/are elite and UCF/USF/FAU have made strides...so recruiting much difficult, not even counting how the state is getting raped of talent from Bama, UGLY and Ohio St.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

A single Walmart has the same fundamental operations as Walmart corporate: financials, HR, supply chain, customer relations...

You can be the greatest manager of a single Walmart (or even regional manager) of all time, but it don't mean ya can be the CEO of Walmart tomorrow morning, even if you have a plan.

Napier is a calculated risk on the edge of being a straight up gamble vs a current P5 coach with similar attributes.

Hiring Any coach is a calculated risk......

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What? The players mutinied against Mullen because he was a POS that didn't give a **** about them.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
I am also concerned with these G5 guys getting a few million in the bank and then going on vacation with Dan. Kiffin's got stacks already, so he is obviously doing it because he loves it like Saban.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Man im stoked if it’s Napier , dude gonna change the culture of our program

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Ohhh but Mullen fit your bill perfectly.

Oh yah...I forgot...you're into those elite standards.

Urban did not have them, SOS did not have them...

Sometimes "what looks good on your computer screen" ain't the answer.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
You forgot to mention at the end there that he should be assassinated in front of his family.

I get a lot of you guys don't like the hire, but the over-the-top hatred has surprised even me.

As the prince of over the top hatred, I am shocked that you are surpised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator