Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Napier's first season at Louisiana marked the first year of the Sun Belt title game, and the Ragin' Cajuns have qualified for all four championship opportunities.

Why write that? Just say he won the Division. Qualified for four championship opportunities? It just emphasized he lost all the CGs. Why oversell the hand? It actually emphasizes the losses.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I watched some condensed vids of their games.

His defense doesn’t let the opponent capitalize on his team’s miscues.

Third and Grantham made sure they did.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I watched some condensed vids of their games.

His defense doesn’t let the opponent capitalize on his team’s miscues.

Third and Grantham made sure they did.
I'd actually be ok with his current DC. He seems solid.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Not my top choice. But far from my bottom. At least it wasn't Campbell or something that level of desperate.

I definitely have concerns that he will be another Jimbo or Cristobal, but he also has potential to be something more. We could have done worse for sure.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
You really don't see a damn thing that says good hire? NOTHING? Even Donkey can name some things.

Some of you guys are nutjobs.
Actually, I did note two positives in my post - aside from the fact that he's not Mullethole. TBH though, my only strong reservations are centered around the much lower level at which he's been serving as a HC and the difficulties of translating that background into real success in the SEC. I'm not overwhelmed by his offensive credentials either, but that's just me. You could say that I'm not exactly thrilled by the hire, but neither am I as pissed as I was when Dooshly Dan struck gold. I guess I'm applauding with one hand at this point. And no, cheap shots at his appearance and language skills don't enter into my thinking - unless he turns out to an actual moron, in which case he might still be preferable to "Mr. Smartest Man in the Room."

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My wife, who doesn't follow or care about football, immediately said he looks like sling blade when I showed her his picture. I was shocked lol.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I wonder when the search began. It is unlikely Stricklin already through back channels had a sense of what Napier would do when he fired Smullen?

I think it got accelerated a week ago but Stricklin’s statements seem to suggest there were a couple weeks of communication prior to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.