Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
The better tactic with these naysayers is to put up or shut up. If Billy (same first name as another guy that worked out pretty well ) gets us into a top 15 recruiting class before it’s all said and done than these guys can take a weeks vacation from the board and eat some crow. Just my two cents.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember @Swamp Donkey talking about Tebow and Percy, saying that they'd be great in any offense in CFB. They were just that good and they were going to win a championship.

Well that's why you hire good recruiters. Get the guys who are going to win regardless. And let's hope that once he gets a top shelf QB, he'll open things up. And by that I mean, if AR stays.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If LSU wants Napier, they have to make a big play TODAY, and I can't see that happening. I still think they are working on Riley, Fisher, and Aranda. They could strike out on all 3.

What would it take for LSU to take the Ogre back? ...if they have a free fall like Tennessee did a few years back, they might wish they wouldn't have asked good ole Ed to take a hike! Now that we've got our guy locked up, this might get fun!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The better tactic with these naysayers is to put up or shut up. If Billy (same first name as another guy that worked out pretty well ) gets us into a top 15 recruiting class before it’s all said and done than these guys can take a weeks vacation from the board and eat some crow. Just my two cents.
This class doesnt matter. It wont be his fault.

Next class, first real class is put up or shut up time.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I for one welcome the hire.
Can't be any worse than what we've had for the past decade (CBN might actually do the work it takes to build it right) and maybe he can duplicate the success of Billy Ball in a different sport.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Stricklin interviewed just one coach (as has been rumored) and didn't gauge someone like Lincoln Riley's interest he should be fired.

It's very Foley/Butters if what is rumored is accurate.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed but lets see if dumping Eddie and hiring Napier has a rebound affect. I’m betting it does.
Some perhaps, especially with turmoil at LSU, Okie, maybe UT and Ole Miss to come. But it's going to be a kid here or there.

There is no saving this class. This class was lost by Mullen in the summer. Nor would it matter if he landed all the kids that Mullen was circling in on, and ended up with another Mullenesque 12th-15th ranked class.

Next year matters though and next year he will have a shot at some elite kids that could change the trajectory of the program.

9-2 and second in the east is ok for Mizzu or Kinfuchsy, but it is not Gator Football.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
If Stricklin interviewed just one coach (as has been reported) and didn't gauge someone like Lincoln Riley's interest he should be fired.
You should be fired from this board.
Did you not see Mike Grundy knock Riley's dick into the dirt. Gundy > Riley.
Besides we're too cheap to pay $100 mil for a coach...
And we already hired French Fried Potaters...
so climb on aboard the Tater Train for the big win.
or get left behind with the rest of those losers.

Come-on man, it's Pierce-with-no-helmet time.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
so climb on aboard the Tater Train for the big win.
I read this in the Marines officer's voice.

hqdefault.jpg

I will say this, Tater would love Pierce.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't want to miss Turkey on Thursday. This guy has a pulse hire him and leave it to the next AD to deal with.
Look I have to get on the Billy train. That's what good Gators do. But this report has deja vu written all over it. Doesn't mater he's our coach. I'm all in until I'm not.

My major problem with Napier is that Strick9 liked him.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

If this sounds familiar, it ought to. It’s a virtual Foley/Muschamp 2010 Austin redux. I really want to support the hire. I really can’t trust Stricklin to make the right decision. Let’s hope we got it right this time around.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
My guess is USCw had gotten ahold of Riley weeks ago and Strick may have put feelers out and got negative vibes back.
From what I hear Strick got hold of BN after the SC game, then called again after Mizzou game.
Also was told (no clue if true) that BN called Butterteeth and asked about the situation here and BN has a list of folks within that need to be let go, And they may be.... Again no clue as if this is true.
The person that gave me this info may join here, He follows the Gators close

Had a blast reading the UT boards, Some of them have no clue as to the freefall of DM and respected him, But don't want him

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I'm not sure how to feel about this hire.

The good: The guy sounds like a CEO who eat, sleeps and breathes football.

The bad: So did Muschamp when he was hired. And just like Muschamp, Napier's passing offenses leave a lot to be desired.

I guess time will tell. He could be the next Urban Meyer or the next Will Muschamp. But everyone is talking about who the next DC will be. What I want to know is who the next OC will be and/or will Napier be calling the plays.

That will give me better clarity on how to feel about the future of Florida football.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
I remember @Swamp Donkey talking about Tebow and Percy, saying that they'd be great in any offense in CFB. They were just that good and they were going to win a championship.

Well that's why you hire good recruiters. Get the guys who are going to win regardless. And let's hope that once he gets a top shelf QB, he'll open things up. And by that I mean, if AR stays.

Recruiting point proven simply by what we’ve had to sit through with that dildo over at ugay

Last edited:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait for the contract details. I hope he hung it in the UAA's ass!

I look forward to that too, but I hope it's more performance incentive based and less blanket by-out based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.