Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Florida Atlantic

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well, congrats to you fortunate few -- you lucky elite who have that "big picture" capability. I assume you are also woke, despise "fly over country " and vote as the MSM demands.

I need not tell you what happens when you 'assume". In this case you are 100% incorrect.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
A guy on Mud said "at least our DB's didn't throw a shoe''
Another guy said " our DB's didn't get close enough to grab a shoe"

Think Ox will ban me for mentioning another chat room?

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah he was significantly behind the receiver on a couple other downfield throws as well. I don’t understand why because he supposedly has elite speed.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yeah he was significantly behind the receiver on a couple other downfield throws as well. I don’t understand why because he supposedly has elite speed.

Tek-Neek! @Itraz mentioned it. Some of the better CB's to play at UF had not had the best straight ahead top end speed. CB's seldom are running forward. How is their back pedal, how quickly can they come out of their break, how is their hip turn, route recognition, etc. etc. etc. Coaching has a lot to do with it, and our secondary coaching has been lacking for quite some time

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Looked to me like Mullen's got 'em tumbling from a Yatchzee cup. We got empty rooms that can't make a full house. Mullen never guru in his player management as the game progressed with no progress. Mullen is a somewhat offensive coordinator. Many lesser coaches could exploit these offensive talents much better. EJ was nowhere up to speed and his receivers were behind even that readiness. Even none of us were ready for that crap. At least be crisp, like you believe in the style of football that you're supposed to be executing.??

What kind of dynamic strategy entails confounding your WRs & QBs in game #1.? It sure seemed EJ was prepped to offer up INTs - ever sluggish ball-flight.?? How many good blocks were thrown to spring AR for 72 yards.?? BTW is AR that much faster than EJ.? Gator game #1 Mullen had us practicing on-field loser-things against FAU's Willie. Big?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This is the last I will comment on this to keep from derailing covers thread.
Young players improve by having SUCCESS on the field. Where did Kahliel improve with those two failures? Where did Anthony improve with those failed attempts. They probably didn't even practice the damn play until Thursday. All great Coaches (and we've had a few here) know you become great with repetitive success. I look forward to the day we have one once again. And lastly it wasn't Mullens job to honor Mr. Jackson and if it was, he did a piss poor job of it.
Doing a piss poor job is the Mullen standard.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
I'd give their QB some of the credit, He was lighting it up at Vanguard in Ocala IIRC.

Just some of the credit, like maybe 20%

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I watched a few minutes of this Irish suckholes game and now I'm even more infuriated. They look better than us basically everywhere. If we lose to them this year after 4 years of his guys and his system, following the absolute disaster they've been until today, he needs to be fired at the end of the game.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Did a TE get a catch at all? Kemore Gamble changes his number to #2 and the coaches are saying he's the best TE in the league...But he doesn't even get a target? I don't remember one being thrown to Gamble, Zipp or any TE. Very strange since you had a generational talent at that position last year and you are supposedly replacing him with some good talent. Unless you're counting the targets to Weston as TE? Idk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.