Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Florida State

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
That’s what I thought but how is that different than touching it 7 yards after kick, or is it? Only reference I could find said kicking team takes 5 yard penalty and kicks again. Receiving team can’t decline since it was a dead ball foul. If it happens again they can decline though. Any reference I can quote? Thanks!

I thought...but I'm no Ref...and I don't stay in Holiday Inn Express...it's up to the Receiving Team

That said...these ACC Refs and ESPN Announcers were abysmal

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
RiverRat may actually be onto something. Perhaps UF wants to be the first school to have a FEMALE head coach. They would be celebrated for "courage" worldwide.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
I thought...but I'm no Ref...and I don't stay in Holiday Inn Express...it's up to the Receiving Team

That said...these ACC Refs and ESPN Announcers were abysmal

I think it was a rule change, I just can’t find a reference. The fact that Nole’s aren’t whining about it tell me it also correct. On another note, what happened to ACC Refs at Swamp being banned after Swindle? No wonder they sucked so bad..

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
RiverRat may actually be onto something. Perhaps UF wants to be the first school to have a FEMALE head coach. They would be celebrated for "courage" worldwide.

OX...First Transgender Coach...with Top SAT Scores and rainbow locker rooms.

Hey but they ALL get good jobs if they don't make the NFL

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks folks for the readership and kind remarks. The feeling this morning is akin to Ben Hur escaping from the Roman Galleon, avoiding certain death (some melodrama here), glad to be alive, still not quite certain just where we’re going, but wherever is better than where we’ve been! All this is a good segue into a gripe I had from the game that I left out of the initial post, that is, when I’m watching football, I’d prefer to not have a social awareness lesson nor a protracted pitch for head coaching candidates. I appreciate mention and a reminder of Willie Jackson and others who broke the color barrier in the SEC, very important no doubt, but the extended version would be better as a separate ESPN special. Let’s focus on the game. I don’t think it’s a stretch that a lot of people watch football and sports partially as an escape from societal ills.

Lastly, I was afraid Knox was going to blow his gig by staying with EJ. After the TD pass to Gamble, his early pinnacle, the passing game went nowhere to the tune of three picks. Emory’s a great kid and teammate by all accounts, but Mullen’s dogged “I’ll show you!” insistence on playing him was not fair to the team, the fans, or to Emory. Good luck EJ; good riddance DM.

I had the same reaction Cover, but BSPN has been doing this during several SEC games this season. I think it’s part of their addiction withdrawal from all the over the top social justice messaging they did ALL season last year.

Who can forget watching a college football game in December last year with BSPN continuing to hold up games for 5-6 minutes after a massive commercial break to preach to their audience while showing videos of the team and their coaches marching together in July. This being the same videos they showed over and over again.This went so far beyond logic that if became embarrassing.

I hope that someday a broadcast company will have the balls to limit their broadcast to the product advertised and check THEIR politics at the door.
I am such a dreamer.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Don’t knock it before you see it….

Who wouldn’t want a “flexibility coach” like this:

f8e5061e93048d0c582818f47f651ea6--dolphins-cheerleaders-sexy-cheerleaders.jpg

Or…..

How about a “kicking coach” like:

9330fc6d250d9a809048c0c46ba1f916.jpg

How about “special teams” like:

hot-florida-gators-college-girl.jpg

It’s important to dominate the LoS as well…

florida-gator-babes-7.jpg

Besides, who else can show the clowns how to hold the ball for an onside kick to avoid “whiffing” it?

Girls-and-footballs-4.jpg

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Hevesy is a good OL coach. But all reports are he's a dickhead that doesn't bother with recruiting. It worked out when he was here the 1st time because he had ace recruiters all around him. He'd be better off in the NFL where he doesn't have to worry about bringing in his own talent.
Mullens downfall was his arrogance. He had to win his way with his players to prove he is tje smartest guy out there. Meanwhile Saban has more rings than fingers and changes philosophy every year to meet his talent and what it will take to win.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone help me out here..why wasn’t FSU allowed to re-kick that whiff after a 5 yard penalty? Can’t find a specific rule reference other than blog answers. I thought UF could decline and take ball but a friend thinks they automatically should get a re-kick since it didn’t travel 10 yards.
You dont get the option to rekick bc it didnt go 10 yards. It is a penalty and the other team gets the ball. I can't think of any time that a team gets re-kick, other than if the refs blow the whistle (tv time out stuff) or maybe if the ball falls off the tee due to wind or whatever.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t knock it before you see it….

Who wouldn’t want a “flexibility coach” like this:

f8e5061e93048d0c582818f47f651ea6--dolphins-cheerleaders-sexy-cheerleaders.jpg

Or…..

How

It’s important to dominate the LoS as well
you want to hire strippers?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
C'Mon guys get serious. Those whores could only be "grad" assistants and "water" girls. UF would only hire sophisticated beautiful women to be the real coaches. And to meet the criteria of the average fan who wishes they have some UF connections, it would clearly be HC-Laura Rutledge, DC-Jenn Brown and OC-Erin Andrews!

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
C'Mon guys get serious. Those whores could only be "grad" assistants and "water" girls. UF would only hire sophisticated beautiful women to be the real coaches. And to meet the criteria of the average fan who wishes they have some UF connections, it would clearly be HC-Laura Rutledge, DC-Jenn Brown and OC-Erin Andrews!

I hear Louisville might give them a look?...Or where ever Coach O lands?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
She’s a stripper? You wouldn’t happen to know where by any chance would you? Asking for a friend of course.
uh.... no.

Lucky guess.

pssssssttt: but I've heard for anyone looking for such products that the right answer is Mons Venus.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Dead Ball when he touched it..not a real whiff..UF's ball

As mentioned it was not a whiff. It made contact with a cleat (or two). Technically had it been a complete whiff, I believe it would be like the wind blowing the ball off the tee, but since contact was made (barely) it is a kick and the ball is in play. Then some:nole: touched it first before it went 10 yards rendering anything after that totally moot. Even we could not have fkked it up after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator