Bits & Pieces: Florida vs Missouri

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pu$$y ... he has two of them.
The evolution of QB shoulder pads, despite the advances in the pad/foam technology and force absorption and displacement, allow for less arm restriction in the throwing motion, but not nearly the consistent protection on shoulder contact. It sucks that this had to happen, but the kid made a warrior play.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta say groundhog day sums it up. After 24 games with the same numbing results what we see is exactly what it is! We are a poorly coached football team. Actions don't lie and the results won't change, We need to know if Ben Sasse believes championship level football is important to his mission. If so, the sit down at seasons end will not be pleasant for the AD, the HC and this entire staff. It's time to move to the next chapter Ben Sasse. Define the mission to the masses as it is not clear that football is a priority mission anymore.

Sasse is busy dealing with woke professors right now and can’t focus on sports.
He’s been on campus for six months and he’s already despised by the faculty so hopefully he won’t mind making enemies in the athletics department as well just not yet.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
How many players did Brian Kelly start with at LSU, 40 or so? Back to back 10 win seasons.

Napier nutswingers here are still using the excuse of how Dan left the program. That holds ZERO legitimate value now.

Fire his ass and move on.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How many players did Brian Kelly start with at LSU, 40 or so? Back to back 10 win seasons.

Napier nutswingers here are still using the excuse of how Dan left the program. That holds ZERO legitimate value now.

Fire his ass and move on.
It's not happening this year...give it up before you give yourself a heart attack.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Sasse is busy dealing with woke professors right now and can’t focus on sports.
He’s been on campus for six months and he’s already despised by the faculty so hopefully he won’t mind making enemies in the athletics department as well just not yet.
I'm not talking about his tactics, I'm asking for him to define a strategy! Does the mission at UF include striving for championship caliber football or not? If he can't create a full fledged strategic plan, including athletics as well as academics in his first year then we have the wrong person calling those signals too! Woke professor? Let's get real DGD, come on!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2 obvious takeaways for me:

The stench of Grantham still permeates our defense. Until that changes we’re never really going to be a serious contender again.

The success we saw with a running QB in Billy’s RPO offense bodes well for a guy like Lagway coming in. That component, which up until a few brief moments last night has been non-existent, really changes the dynamics.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know. Sasse is a ****ing pussy. Firing Stricklin now would be nice, but he probably has a $20 million buyout.
Stricklin maybe....but is Sasse too green in the position to know to make that call yet?

Napier was never not getting 3 years though. All I'm saying is accept your fate at least into the start of next season :lol:

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Two plays with the opportunity to coach up your guys and make a difference.

Play number one: Its 3rd and 11 on our last series. Mizzou has called a timeout so we have the chance to talk about our 3rd down play and get everyone on the same page. You have 2 options really, you can simply play it safe and burn as much clock as possible (understandable with a backup QB in the game and the 3 points fairly well assured), OR you can try to get a first down, which would surely entail a pass or a qb run or something besides a simple running play. Utter coaching failure ensues as we opt to do NEITHER! A simple running play, again...after a timeout...almost turns into disaster before ETN even gets the ball as he and Brown aren't on the same page. Then, ETN, with zero chance to get the first down, runs out of bounds and gifts Mizzou a timeout. Womp womp.

Play number two: 4th and 17. Mizzou uses the gift timeout to regroup and get their team on the same page so they can execute what turns out to be the game winning play, while we use the timeout to basically make sure nobody in our secondary knows WTF they are supposed to do.

Yes, if you look at the wasted timeout as a simple math problem, it didn't make a difference. But its more than simple math, because forcing Mizzou to run back to the line after an incompletion on 3rd down and simply call a 4th and 17 play in the huddle and hope nobody screws up or freaks out is a completely different deal than taking a few minutes to hash it all out before snapping the ball on the penultimate play of the game. But even before that play, when you get the ball with 90 seconds left on your own 25 yard line, having that timeout available is a huge difference maker in the type plays you can call, or for example the patience a qb can have in the pocket with the knowledge that a sack isn't necessarily a death blow to your chances.

I honestly can't remember being so damn angry at the end of a football game. Maybe the last time was when we gave up that last second touchdown pass to the clowns all those years ago. I know we have a bunch of very young guys playing everywhere so some discombobulation is to be expected. But this is a friggin circus. I want our coaches to get everybody on the same page and its been two years and I haven't seen it yet.
Ahem. Shoe game. But I get you

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin maybe....but is Sasse too green in the position to know to make that call yet?

Napier was never not getting 3 years though. All I'm saying is accept your fate at least into the start of next season :lol:

Stricklin must go first.
All the pussies I've taken care of wanna spend money.
Post of the year candidate right here. No truer words have been spoken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator