Bits & Pieces: Florida vs Missouri

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Homer, respectfully, if there was accountability, we wouldn’t be preparing for Game 12 with the SEC’s worst defense nor would we be continually seeing poor tackling, poor coverage, poor effort, poor angles, getting blocked and staying blocked, and quitting on plays by the same players over and again. And that’s just on the defensive side of the ball. We started this season with a young roster, but these players are 11 games old. They should be playing at a higher level than what we’re seeing. But there’s a ton of the responsibility to be borne by Billy and the staff. That should be very obvious to all by now.
So these 18 year old kids should be more grown up as players late in the season? Heck, NFL rookies even hit a wall late in the season.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So these 18 year old kids should be more grown up as players late in the season? Heck, NFL rookies even hit a wall late in the season.
Yes. If they are in the two-deep and being counted on to line up and make plays, then absolutely. We’re playing more freshmen than we’d like, certainly, but we’ve got some older guys in the rotations. Two important goals are to get better as the season progresses and to win. We are falling short in both areas. Additionally, we are statistically the worst defense in the entire conference and about 4th or 5th from the bottom in the upper division of the NCAA. I appreciate where you are coming from in support of the athletes, but I believe they are capable of playing better and with more consistency and effort, but I have a hard time believing they are getting what they need from the staff to make that happen. When we are seeing the same mistakes, fundamentals and effort primarily, happening over and over, there is a disconnect between what should be taught and expected and what is being accepted. Furthermore, regardless of the age, class, or experience level of the players getting the reps, two years of losing that features a loop of mistakes by players and staff is a recipe for the HC to be terminated and in some cases, the AD who made the hire as well. That’s just the hard facts.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Yes. If they are in the two-deep and being counted on to line up and make plays, then absolutely. We’re playing more freshmen than we’d like, certainly, but we’ve got some older guys in the rotations. Two important goals are to get better as the season progresses and to win. We are falling short in both areas. Additionally, we are statistically the worst defense in the entire conference and about 4th or 5th from the bottom in the upper division of the NCAA. I appreciate where you are coming from in support of the athletes, but I believe they are capable of playing better and with more consistency and effort, but I have a hard time believing they are getting what they need from the staff to make that happen. When we are seeing the same mistakes, fundamentals and effort primarily, happening over and over, there is a disconnect between what should be taught and expected and what is being accepted. Furthermore, regardless of the age, class, or experience level of the players getting the reps, two years of losing that features a loop of mistakes by players and staff is a recipe for the HC to be terminated and in some cases, the AD who made the hire as well. That’s just the hard facts.
I nominate Cover 2 as the fans representative on the next search committee. He would be the only committee member I trust to make the correct recommendation.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
he is a hoops recruit, no number yet. From Canada, plays at IMG in Bradenton
So, you are saying he is 1) not at UF 2) will never be on the football team 3) is a basketball player. Got it! So back to the kick block special team that we have not seen during this edition of Gator football. OK you are just a wish and a prayer.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
So, you are saying he is 1) not at UF 2) will never be on the football team 3) is a basketball player. Got it! So back to the kick block special team that we have not seen during this edition of Gator football. OK you are just a wish and a prayer.
Are you still in public school?
2) I said we should put him on the team when he gets on campus. To block FGs.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Let's fire the president of the university because the RB went out of bounds, stopping the clock.
Let's fire the head coach because DB dropped an INT and the opponent kicked a FG.
Let's fire the DC because the backup QB took the team inside the red zone and fumbled the ball.

Who am I missing? Who else can we fire?
We're dangerously close to firing your ignorant ass. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I keep thinking they took gdmmm Misery to the very end with injuries all OVER the damn field and almost won it with a backup QB. I love the character and fight of this team. And I expect them to fight like hell against halfffazzU. And the incoming class is the calvary showing up to give us more of a chance to SHAKE UP THE WORLD Till then I have Golden and his exciting basketball team........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.