Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Mizzou

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was in Dillard during Matthew. Did you eat at the Dillard House while you were there?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was in Dillard during Matthew. Did you eat at the Dillard House while you were there?
Yes we did! Best breakfast in that part of the world. They had to roll us out! We actually stayed in a house about 50 yds from the Dillard House, but not part of that property. It was great.

I have dined at the Dillard house some years ago. Great food.
First time we've eaten there in a few years. Still good. Hope you can make it back sometime.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The problem that I saw was in the red zone: several nice drives stalled with the short field. LDR also gets some slack from me. First conference game after being laid up for weeks...well, sh*t happens. I understand everybody's frustration here but how quickly we've forgotten last season's three-and-out offense.
I'm with you to a point. One pick, his mistake. Multiples are on the coaches for allowing it to keep happening with play calls and Luke for continuing to under throw. At least Mac did acknowledge in a quick post game interview that we should have pounded it more. These mistakes would get us blown out against a better team I believe. He did make a couple of nice throws on intermediate routes. The one to the TE away from the flow was pretty good.

I believe LDR is compensating for his injury and he is not mentally back in the game. Injuries can do that to a person. I think he will kick himself and show up better against ugly.
I hope he does. I understand being a competitor, but at a point you've got to realize that you ain't got it today and cut your losses. As stated above, the staff could have helped to minimize his struggles. We've got guys that can get open and stretch the field some. Just don't know that we have a guy that can consistently get it to them, injured or not. But maybe I'm fixating too much on this performance :dunno:? Still, we've got to be clicking from here on out if we are to finish strong.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Ahhh the Dillard House. Have eaten there many times but long ago. Done breakfast and the lunch there. Best food there is.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We never finish strong anymore.
That's the ongoing problem, isn't it? I think it's high time, especially if Mac is going to be the guy and get us headed back to where we've been, to find a way to finish better than we have. Last season's swoon really took the air out of the sails that we enjoyed with the 10 wins. I know we've got depth and talent issues, but I believe we've also got some motivational issues that, if they were to get turned around, would affect the other problems in a positive way. We can't just keep saying "well, we got off to a good start, but gee whiz, this SEC schedule gets kinda tough down the stretch" and expect it to keep on being alright. Truth is, it never really has been alright, but we're like John Mayer and keep waitin' on the world to change...

upload_2016-10-19_8-50-55.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.