Breaking: UF moving BHG capacity down to 75K

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
it's a good thing Bama fans didn't run off Saban after his first year of being 7-6
Yeah yeah yeah we're firing Saban.

I remember when Saban was 2-8 and was

0-2 vs Alabama
1-3 vs Ugly
1-3 vs LSU
2-2 vs UK.

Yup, just like Saban.

If we kept him two ore years he could probably lose to South Alabama and again and get back to .500 as a SEC coach.

You know they don't actually count "moral victories" as wins on his record, right?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Okay so are you saying if we had Mullen's offense with UGA's D we would still be 4-3?

Cousin Eddie will always Cousin Eddie. If we have UGA's D players, do we still have UF coaches? Then yes we still be 4-3. Guys are out of position b/c they are poorly coached, not b/c all of them suck. Most of them do, but they are poorly coached. You just do not watch the games do you? If we beat LSU last year, nothing would be different. If we beat LSU today nothing would be different. You are skewed by the numbers. Just watch the games and tell me what your eyes see and your brain tells you.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Cousin Eddie will always Cousin Eddie. If we have UGA's D players, do we still have UF coaches? Then yes we still be 4-3. Guys are out of position b/c they are poorly coached, not b/c all of them suck. Most of them do, but they are poorly coached. You just do not watch the games do you? If we beat LSU last year, nothing would be different. If we beat LSU today nothing would be different. You are skewed by the numbers. Just watch the games and tell me what your eyes see and your brain tells you.

My eyes tell me we have a bad defense...and yes that's on Mullen to make a change....it's not a coincidence that all Urban's national title teams had good defenses to go along with Mullen's high scoring offenses.....it's scheme, it's technique, it's out of position...Grantham is good at one thing...blitzing on 3rd down

Why do you think Spurrier went out and got Stoops to be his DC? Because he knew he needed a good defense to win it all and look what happened....his first year there they were a top 20 defense and won the natty

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
My eyes tell me we have a bad defense...and yes that's on Mullen to make a change....it's not a coincidence that all Urban's national title teams had good defenses to go along with Mullen's high scoring offenses.....it's scheme, it's technique, it's out of position...Grantham is good at one thing...blitzing on 3rd down

Why do you think Spurrier went out and got Stoops to be his DC? Because he knew he needed a good defense to win it all and look what happened....his first year there they were a top 20 defense and won the natty

Yes we have a bad defense and that is Cousin Eddie's fault. But where we disagree is we see two completely different things. You are a surface guy, a scoreboard watcher and stat sheet person. I am an entire process person, each play, each tick of the clock type. You believe that a shutdown defense means Cousin Eddie's teams will be champs. I have 10+ years of watching cousin Eddie as a head coach and as I said earlier to you, no matter the teams or circumstances, Cousin Eddie will always Cousin Eddie. This week it was the defense and a complete disdain to run the ball. At UK it was great defense, but it was a horrendous offensive game plan and a thousand penalties. Against Bama it was good defense, and some terrible game management. One year it was playing Lerch over Trash. Other games it is guys show up uninterested or not motivated. The HC is in total charge.

The bottom line is that history does not repeat itself but it rhymes. And Cousin Eddie will always Cousin Eddie enough over an entire season to prevent the success that we all wish for.

Go read @Gator87 post in the presser thread #68. That is Cousin Eddie. He will always find a way, on the field during a game or off the field being the smartest guy in the room or the laziest guy on the trail.

Last edited:

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I attended almost every home game from 1990 up until 2010 and this statement is just not true, sorry. I was there.

First game I attended was 2001 Vandy....it was certainly 90,000+ but it wasn't full....besides I was talking about statewide anyway not just UF...Rays are always good, no one shows up...Phins have sucked for years so they may not be a good example, Bucs fan show up now because Brady is there...but point being, Florida is a state where you have to consistently win to draw fans...even Mullen's 11 win season I remember seeing empty seats....

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Unless you know a different type of UGA fans than I, I highly doubt they feel that way....he has them #1 for the first time since the Herschel days...he is 3-1 against UF....the only thing standing in his way is Bama....and their defense this year is lights out

Actually he is 3-2 against UF.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just thought I’d throw this out there. An email from today. Again, there’s no reason something like this can’t be done regularly to benefit everyone and fill the stadium.

“To the families of Alachua County Public Schools’ 5th and 6th graders:

Traditionally, ACPS fifth-graders have attended a University of Florida football game at the beginning of the season with their schools. The field trip gave students the chance to experience a slice of college life while also encouraging them to work hard in school.

Because we were not able to offer this trip at the beginning of the season in 2020 or 2021, the University Athletic Association (UAA) is offering each fifth- and sixth-grade student and an accompanying adult free tickets to the UF Gator game vs. Samford on November 13. The time for this game has not yet been announced.

If you’d like to take advantage of this offer of two free tickets to the game, you can register online at https://fevo.me/2021acps. You will receive a confirmation of your registration.

After your child’s school and grade level have been verified, you will receive the tickets electronically through email or text the week before the game. Instructions for using the electronic tickets will also be provided.

You’ll also have an opportunity to purchase additional tickets at a discount.

We appreciate UAA for continuing to work with the district to provide this experience to students. Go Gators and Go ACPS!”

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just thought I’d throw this out there. An email from today. Again, there’s no reason something like this can’t be done regularly to benefit everyone and fill the stadium.

“To the families of Alachua County Public Schools’ 5th and 6th graders:

Traditionally, ACPS fifth-graders have attended a University of Florida football game at the beginning of the season with their schools. The field trip gave students the chance to experience a slice of college life while also encouraging them to work hard in school.

Because we were not able to offer this trip at the beginning of the season in 2020 or 2021, the University Athletic Association (UAA) is offering each fifth- and sixth-grade student and an accompanying adult free tickets to the UF Gator game vs. Samford on November 13. The time for this game has not yet been announced.

If you’d like to take advantage of this offer of two free tickets to the game, you can register online at https://fevo.me/2021acps. You will receive a confirmation of your registration.

After your child’s school and grade level have been verified, you will receive the tickets electronically through email or text the week before the game. Instructions for using the electronic tickets will also be provided.

You’ll also have an opportunity to purchase additional tickets at a discount.

We appreciate UAA for continuing to work with the district to provide this experience to students. Go Gators and Go ACPS!”
Lotta words for “we can’t sell these things, so please take them!”.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lotta words for “we can’t sell these things, so please take them!”.

That as well. But my point was about empty seats that would be snatched up immediately by local kids, specifically kids who don’t have a lot, which was part of my original post on the subject. Very easy fix that would help on several fronts. Even the logistics part, which was questioned, is addressed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That as well. But my point was about empty seats that would be snatched up immediately by local kids, specifically kids who don’t have a lot, which was part of my original post on the subject. Very easy fix that would help on several fronts. Even the logistics part, which was questioned, is addressed.
No one wants poor, dirty kids that have a cloud around them like Pig Pen sitting next to them at the stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.