Brian Johnson is one of our best options

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's pretty obvious that Brian Johnson had a pretty big impact on our offense. I don't think we've taken a shot down field since fau

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's pretty obvious that Brian Johnson had a pretty big impact on our offense. I don't think I've taken a shot in the mouth since fau

That's been you and Urg.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Two things in this thread truly stand out to me:

1. Cousin Eddie was described as a “closer”. That’s the most delusional thing I have ever heard about him. I have a feeling that moron does not close the door to the bathroom when he takes a dump.

2. That the current administration has placed championship expectations upon Cousin Eddie. The lack of spending in comparison to other schools, and the fact that he’s been allowed to keep bringing Grantham back year after year leads me to believe otherwise.

Until I see proof of either of these, I’m gonna sit back on fall Saturdays, drink lots of bourbon, and watch incredulously as the 3-star whisperer stumbles upon an 8-4 record each year for the foreseeable future.

Oh, and Brian Johnson would be a huge upgrade over Dan. So would Randy Johnson, Zack Johnson, Howard Johnson, Johnson&Johnson… hell, pick any Johnson you want out of any phone book… and let’s give em a shot! :lol:

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dan Mullinz zeems to follow the Sharkelwain school of staff decisions: never leave a competent coordinator on your staff who might replace you.

They will fire you more slowly if their options are disgusting (Randy Shannon or Chokerdwag).

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

1. Cousin Eddie was described as a “closer”. That’s the most delusional thing I have ever heard about him. I have a feeling that moron does not close the door to the bathroom when he takes a dump.

2. That the current administration has placed championship expectations upon Cousin Eddie. The lack of spending in comparison to other schools, and the fact that he’s been allowed to keep bringing Grantham back year after year leads me to believe otherwise.

Until I see proof of either of these, I’m gonna sit back on fall Saturdays, drink lots of bourbon, and watch incredulously as the 3-star whisperer stumbles upon an 8-4 record each year for the foreseeable future.
Is that wrong? :dunno:

Seems hurtful...

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Debbie Delusional is more like it. He will be damn lucky to survive his next Georgia loss.

He wont survive next Oct 31 if he survives this one.
I think there’s a HUGE disconnect between how we perceive him and how administration sees him.

This admin is satisfied with Outback Bowls, as long as academics are high and the croquet team has Bermuda grass and platinum wickets.

8-4 is good for this admin and w/out a controversy, the RV stays in the driveway no matter how full the $hitter gets.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
UAA wants gim to lose ridiculous games about once a month and be too lazy to recruit? I doubt it.

You think they just dont care? The admin may not.

We will see who is right, because the the Bullgators I was among last week were snarling long before the loss.

Some of you live in internet lala 0-10-1 land and are ollivious to reality.
Like I said, I have no insight into the Bullgator state of mind. My impression from the correspondence I receive from the University and Alumni Association is very positive, particularly about the non-revenue sports, e.g., everything but football. When my uncle was alive, I got his view of the Bullgator group. BTW: He thought Jeremy Foley hung the stars.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Debbie Delusional is more like it. He will be damn lucky to survive his next Georgia loss.

He wont survive next Oct 31 if he survives this one.
Why on Earth do you have such faith in the administration to do what you are describing here? Suddenly Stricklin is only interested in dedicated winners? Puh-leeze. Strick is happy as a clam with 'ol Mullen.

You've ALWAYS described the administration as incompetent yet you are expecting them to suddenly do the right thing here. If Butters hadn't forced his way out, we'd still be looking at his retarded mug.

As sick as it sounds, I think Mullen is closer to a raise and an extension than he is to getting fired.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Why on Earth do you have such faith in the administration to do what you are describing here? Suddenly Stricklin is only interested in dedicated winners? Puh-leeze. Strick is happy as a clam with 'ol Mullen.

You've ALWAYS described the administration as incompetent yet you are expecting them to suddenly do the right thing here. If Butters hadn't forced his way out, we'd still be looking at his retarded mug.

As sick as it sounds, I think Mullen is closer to a raise and an extension than he is to getting fired.

Foley and the administration aren’t the ones who fired Zook or WM either.

And those guys were generally well liked, not an awkward outsider who represents an era that even then they didn’t like.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Things are different now. The last thing they want to do is another coaching search.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Oh, and Brian Johnson would be a huge upgrade over Dan. So would Randy Johnson, Zack Johnson, Howard Johnson, Johnson&Johnson… hell, pick any Johnson you want out of any phone book… and let’s give em a shot! :lol:
s-l400.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Things are different now. The last thing they want to do is another coaching search.

But again, they didn’t want to do searches then either. Their hands were forced. Even with the last one, there are a dozen ways SS could have vaguely explained the “threats” comment without getting into specifics. McElwain had won the east two years in a row too.

The Bulls and other boosters aren’t always the brightest. But they are the ones that expect more, and definitely if they don’t like the guy. They will be the ones that push for change. To be clear, I’m not saying today or even this year. But if he’s sitting at 1-5 in Jax by end of next year, he’s gone. I didn’t think that was going to happen, but I think his demeanor and approach have completely changed and now is a very real possibility, even likely.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But again, they didn’t want to do searches then either. Their hands were forced. Even with the last one, there are a dozen ways SS could have vaguely explained the “threats” comment without getting into specifics. McElwain had won the east two years in a row too.

The Bulls and other boosters aren’t always the brightest. But they are the ones that expect more, and definitely if they don’t like the guy. They will be the ones that push for change. To be clear, I’m not saying today or even this year. But if he’s sitting at 1-5 in Jax by end of next year, he’s gone. I didn’t think that was going to happen, but I think his demeanor and approach have completely changed and now is a very real possibility, even likely.
Nah.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Butters questioned the commitment of the Association on national television right after winning the Outback bowl and getting a raise, but too close to NSD. They were looking for reasons, then the credit card scandal was too close to the start of the season but a list was already being made at that point.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Butters questioned the commitment of the Association on national television right after winning the Outback bowl and getting a raise, but too close to NSD. They were looking for reasons, then the credit card scandal was too close to the start of the season but a list was already being made at that point.

But even then, outside of Arkansas, what loss would be considered inexcusable? Mullen has 2 already that are major upsets, plus the violations, plus the ascension of uga. I don’t see it as that different.

I also think the emergence of Trask and that style of offense last year and much of ‘19 was a worst case scenario for DM. It gave many a glimpse of the type of offense they’d prefer to see. The fact that we’ve gone right back to QB left/right is not sitting well with many.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But even then, outside of Arkansas, what loss would be considered inexcusable? Mullen has 2 already that are major upsets, plus the violations, plus the ascension of uga. I don’t see it as that different.

I don't either the only difference is that Mullen is Stricklin's guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.