Brian Johnson is one of our best options

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
s-l400.jpg
That dude looks like a winner to me! Hire him!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't either the only difference is that Mullen is Stricklin's guy.

He was openly seeking two others before that call though. He even dismissed the idea of the history being a factor in that first press conference. I think he was the safe guy and a fall back. But again, assuming we don’t win out, he’d be heading into 2022 1-3 against uga, no rings, no trajectory. He’s in trouble. And I also don’t think he wants to be here any longer, which means you’ll see something that irks people even more by then.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But again, they didn’t want to do searches then either. Their hands were forced. Even with the last one, there are a dozen ways SS could have vaguely explained the “threats” comment without getting into specifics. McElwain had won the east two years in a row too.

The Bulls and other boosters aren’t always the brightest. But they are the ones that expect more, and definitely if they don’t like the guy. They will be the ones that push for change. To be clear, I’m not saying today or even this year. But if he’s sitting at 1-5 in Jax by end of next year, he’s gone. I didn’t think that was going to happen, but I think his demeanor and approach have completely changed and now is a very real possibility, even likely.
The Bulls and boosters care less than they have since before Spurrier. They've been beaten down like the rest of us. I'll bet the money flowing in to the program from these kinds of people has dropped 50%+ in the last ten years. It's hard to get up the energy to protest this inept administration at UF. It's a pointless waste of time. I don't think Stricklin actually likes football and I doubt ever watches the games. At least Foley showed his face at games and pretended like he cared who won or lost. Stricklin is probably at home doing his laundry when the Gators are playing.

I'll bet Stricklin is getting far, far less pressure to act than Jeremy Foley did in the Zook years, for example. His only motivation for making a change is not to be hassled, and he's not getting hassled enough to want to get off his ass and actually earn his enormous salary. Besides, the TV money is flowing in, and that's all that really matters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Bulls and boosters care less than they have since before Spurrier. They've been beaten down like the rest of us. I'll bet the money flowing in to the program from these kinds of people has dropped 50%+ in the last ten years. .
Im pretty sure we are the only SEC school with decreasing revenue, and this despite the massive influx of TV money.

And they want to kill the cash cow.

People just got tired of flushing their money for an athletic department more concerned about filling their own pockets.

BTW, ever research what the AADs make?

cartman302

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2017
He was openly seeking two others before that call though. He even dismissed the idea of the history being a factor in that first press conference. I think he was the safe guy and a fall back. But again, assuming we don’t win out, he’d be heading into 2022 1-3 against uga, no rings, no trajectory. He’s in trouble. And I also don’t think he wants to be here any longer, which means you’ll see something that irks people even more by then.

I tend to agree with you. Dullen is acting completely like he's checked out and wants to be elsewhere, and soon. I'm sure he'd take his 16 million(?) buyout and go on a REAL vacation, not one of these piddly two-week Caribbean sojourns that he's forced to endure during the season.

He sucks.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I tend to agree with you. Dullen is acting completely like he's checked out and wants to be elsewhere, and soon. I'm sure he'd take his 16 million(?) buyout and go on a REAL vacation, not one of these piddly two-week Caribbean sojourns that he's forced to endure during the season.

He sucks.
He's too smart to resign, though, he will have to be fired. He's not that "Dullen".

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The Bulls and boosters care less than they have since before Spurrier. They've been beaten down like the rest of us. I'll bet the money flowing in to the program from these kinds of people has dropped 50%+ in the last ten years. It's hard to get up the energy to protest this inept administration at UF. It's a pointless waste of time. I don't think Stricklin actually likes football and I doubt ever watches the games. At least Foley showed his face at games and pretended like he cared who won or lost. Stricklin is probably at home doing his laundry when the Gators are playing.

I'll bet Stricklin is getting far, far less pressure to act than Jeremy Foley did in the Zook years, for example. His only motivation for making a change is not to be hassled, and he's not getting hassled enough to want to get off his ass and actually earn his enormous salary. Besides, the TV money is flowing in, and that's all that really matters.
Did you have to bring up Foley? :-)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly those should be two of the five on the committee.

There should be no popcorn salesmen on the committee.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thought it was ticket taker?

Who cares- he sucked worse than Dullen.
I believe we have both a ticket taker and a popcorn salesman on staff. Perhaps I should be more specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator