Chip Kelly blasts media for reporting he'd "hang up" on Florida

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
soflagator;n123336 said:
At the risk of going off on a rant, how is Philly's season over? They just wiped the floor with the 2nd place NFCE team, at their house.

ok, they beat the romo led cowboys,not a big deal the same cowboys that lost to the redskins lmao the redskins! dont want to throw no salt, but they are done without foles. but hey thats why they play the games

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
dubster1;n123346 said:
ok, they beat the romo led cowboys,not a big deal the same cowboys that lost to the redskins lmao the redskins! dont want to throw no salt, but they are done without foles. but hey thats why they play the games

See I'd agree with you if he was playing lights out like last year. But Foles was having a major Soph slump. I wasn't thrilled with Sanchez, but I think he's proven that the NFL is often about systems and smart coaching. Don't see him being a SB MVP, but look at the dumpster fire that is the NY Jets, and consider that nobody would've excelled there. All in all, he's played pretty well. We'll see how things shake out.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
soflagator;n123349 said:
See I'd agree with you if he was playing lights out like last year. But Foles was having a major Soph slump. I wasn't thrilled with Sanchez, but I think he's proven that the NFL is often about systems and smart coaching. Don't see him being a SB MVP, but look at the dumpster fire that is the NY Jets, and consider that nobody would've excelled there. All in all, he's played pretty well. We'll see how things shake out.

i agree about foles,, but i still think he is a major upgrade from sanchez. sanchez is a dumpster fire and will tank the eagles season.probaly a overeaction on my part as to what chip was saying. im very defensive and down right prickly at any suggestion that someone would shun such a juggernaut program as uf:proud:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
dubster1;n123356 said:
i agree about foles,, but i still think he is a major upgrade from sanchez. sanchez is a dumpster fire and will tank the eagles season.probaly a overeaction on my part as to what chip was saying. im very defensive and down right prickly at any suggestion that someone would shun such a juggernaut program as uf:proud:

Keep in mind, though, that he's making 6.5 million. So to lure him away would've required at least (really more), meaning he'd be in the 7.5-8 mil range. Saban is only at 6.9.

It was just an impossible play on our part.

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dub-I always agree with you but the reality is that the last four years have hurt the program perception not just on the field but financially as well. We all noticed empty seats. That rarely happened even in the Doug Dickey era. The train wreck that happened this year would have had less impact if it was dealt with last year, after losing to a team that wouldn't have defeated a few of our Florida high schools. We all are rightly proud of our program but for outsiders looking in, it has regressed. That is a sad fact to swallow.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
soflagator;n123361 said:
Keep in mind, though, that he's making 6.5 million. So to lure him away would've required at least (really more), meaning he'd be in the 7.5-8 mil range. Saban is only at 6.9.

to be honest if im foley,and i thought we had a shot i wouldve offered 7.5/8 and would of been deadly serious

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
It's only a dig in the PFT description, "I'll hang up" which he doesn't say in the statement.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n123345 said:
They are playing about as well as anyone in the league. I was't citing a source in terms of SB odds, but rather making a general point. If Saban had been winning in Miami, and enjoying things, he never even considers Alabama. Kelly has everything going for him right now. No reasonable amount of money was going to land him. It never made sense.

I've read several times that Saban wanted Drew Brees and was overruled. Culpepper was basically forced on him. He left.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n123361 said:

This year before possible bonuses Saban is at $7,160,187 according to the coaches salary, next on the list is Mark Dantonio at 5,636,145 before bonuses.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator charm;n123365 said:
Dub-I always agree with you but the reality is that the last four years have hurt the program perception not just on the field but financially as well. We all noticed empty seats. That rarely happened even in the Doug Dickey era. The train wreck that happened this year would have had less impact if it was dealt with last year, after losing to a team that wouldn't have defeated a few of our Florida high schools. We all are rightly proud of our program but for outsiders looking in, it has regressed. That is a sad fact to swallow.

i agree with you 100%. and as you already know i been highly critical of chump and foley on what should of been done last year. i just truly believe that our fan base will fill them seats and come roaring back if foley dont fuk this hire up. hell look at all the advantages sure their are disadvantages as well but with all the damaged that foley and chump has done this is a destination job imo and still a top 5 job that can make the greenbacks! the brand has been damaged no doubting that. we are still uf!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n123336 said:
At the risk of going off on a rant, how is Philly's season over? They just wiped the floor with the 2nd place NFCE team, at their house.
better hope they don't have to go to Lambeau again...that was not good for them

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
T REX;n123377 said:
I've read several times that Saban wanted Drew Brees and was overruled. Culpepper was basically forced on him. He left.

It's been discussed before, but the ramifications of that move have had about as dramatic effect on the football landscape as anything else in recent history. Not only does Saban probably stay, the Tide probably settle for a 3rd or 4th tier hire after RR spurned them, and are likely irrelevant right now. That probably impacts both us with regards to Meyer and our run, as well as Lsu, with each of us probably having at least 1-2 more titles. You could also make an argument that the Saints never win anything, and the Dolphins are a legit force. It's crazy how that ridiculous decision impacted things.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n123403 said:
It's been discussed before, but the ramifications of that move have had about as dramatic effect on the football landscape as anything else in recent history. Not only does Saban probably stay, the Tide probably settle for a 3rd or 4th tier hire after RR spurned them, and are likely irrelevant right now. That probably impacts both us with regards to Meyer and our run, as well as Lsu, with each of us probably having at least 1-2 more titles. You could also make an argument that the Saints never win anything, and the Dolphins are a legit force. It's crazy how that ridiculous decision impacted things.

+1000000

I laugh every time I hear someone say Saban failed in the NFL or ran away. Not even close to the truth. If he had full control, they would have won huge. No doubt in my mind.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Seriously who gives a squat about Chip Kelly anyway. He coaches in the worst division in pro football, that's 8 guaranteed wins a year. Second of all you can't tell who's a good coach in the NFL anymore anyway because free agency ruined the game and controls it much more than any coach could. Third all he ever did in college was beat a bunch of sorry ass Pac 10 teams, yeah, he really pounded those Beavers and Trojans :rolleyes3: with some willy nilly offense that would not work here.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n123447 said:
Seriously who gives a squat about Chip Kelly anyway. He coaches in the worst division in pro football, that's 8 guaranteed wins a year. Second of all you can't tell who's a good coach in the NFL anymore anyway because free agency ruined the game and controls it much more than any coach could. Third all he ever did in college was beat a bunch of sorry ass Pac 10 teams, yeah, he really pounded those Beavers and Trojans :rolleyes3: with some willy nilly offense that would not work here.

:facepalm:

I nominate this post as a candidate for dumbest post of the year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n123461 said:
:facepalm:

I nominate this post as a candidate for dumbest post of the year.

What was his record against SEC teams minus UT....I'll be waiting just like fans of his will always be waiting on defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.