Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I like Tim, but he's just towing the ESPNSEC company line. To say that MSU's coach is a culture fit at UF is asinine. He wasnt even a culture fit when meyer was here dragging his ass to titles. He sure as hell isnt a fit with his poor man's excuse for a heinz 57 offense and 2-18 record against ranked teams as an HC.
"With a loss against Auburn on Saturday night, MSU's head coach made some history, but not the good kind.

After a 49-10 loss, the MSU coach moved to 2-15 in ranked matchups. That is the worst record in AP poll history."

He was 4-29 vs ranked teams coming into this season. I do not want this loser anywhere near our program.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You can have a bad fit if you are a winner.

Quite true, but having a bad fit makes winning less likely, not impossible but less likely. If you really don't want to do most of what is required by our organization go somewhere else, or at least that is my opinion. If Kelly wants to come and has a plan to meet all his requirements (could be delegated) I am fine, if not I am also fine with him going somewhere else.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I am tired of the "Culture Fit" argument. It sounds like Foley all over again.

I don't understand this statement. Earlier you mentioned, "high profile employment contracts for a Forbes Top 10 corporation." Does your corporate culture not play a role in your selection process? I work for a global engineering firm; our corporate culture certainly influences our leadership selections.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I like Tim, but he's just towing the ESPNSEC company line. To say that Dan Mullen is a culture fit at UF is asinine. He wasnt even a culture fit when meyer was here dragging his ass to titles. He sure as hell isnt a fit with his poor man's excuse for a heinz 57 offense and 2-18 record against ranked teams as an HC.

Yeah, Tim's pretty loyal to Mullin (and Meyer).

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Lou holtz had an out but only for notre Dame dating back to when he was at Arkansas. Sensible for both parties and not that unusual.

That is true. So we're Arky now. Both parties in our case deny any such signing though.

In any event, if this fantasy document was presented and/or signed, I hope our people know it isn't worth the paper its written on and are going all out on our backup plans. We had a jump on everyone else, now we do not.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
"With a loss against Auburn on Saturday night, Dan Mullen made some history, but not the good kind.

After a 49-10 loss, Mullen moved to 2-15 in ranked matchups. That is the worst record in AP poll history."

He was 4-29 vs ranked teams coming into this season. I do not want this loser anywhere near our program.

I was a Mullin fan until I watched the MSU / Bama game. Mullin blinked on that 4th and 2 on the Bama side of the field. No thank you.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve actually heard that ASU was a bigger threat than UCLA. I think the UCLA stuff is just smoke.

I love Arizona and I love the Phoenix area (I have relatives there), but that's a Grade C landing place for college football.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
That is true. So we're Arky now. Both parties in our case deny any such signing though.

In any event, if this fantasy document was presented and/or signed, I hope our people know it isn't worth the paper its written on and are going all out on our backup plans. We had a jump on everyone else, now we do not.
Arkansas was hot back then. Then it wouldn't be bad to be Arkansas.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was a Mullin fan until I watched the MSU / Bama game. Mullin blinked on that 4th and 2 on the Bama side of the field. No thank you.
tenor.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So according to the media, Chip Kelly wants to go a team that has no history of winning and sucks ball$ all together? Maybe this dude can't handle the pressure here and needs to go coach a d-2 school.

I just shared it. I think it's weird speculation.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love Arizona and I love the Phoenix area (I have relatives there), but that's a Grade C landing place for college football.

I know. Which makes it even more confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.