Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
30 year season ticket holder that just realized today that no one but us cares that we are the University of Florida. So drop that augment. I earlier posted that we should tell Chip "Hey we are the hot chick at the bar, and we want you to come home with us"...I just realized today we may be the fat chick at 2 am waiting for the sloppy seconds...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Maybe the most nauseating thing about all of this is the fact that after the past 7 years, the "assume the worst" and frustration almost feels more natural. When it was leaked about the flight to NH, the whole excitement felt foreign. It's sickening.
Agree, it seemed too good to be true which should have been a big clue that it was.

I'm holding out hope for Frost, but if he is really off the board then we need to be all in on Norvell. If SS gets turned down by our top 3, all in a row and in such a public fashion, that would be hard to comprehend. I won't even know what to think about our program if that happens.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
SS, the entire UA and the university president got freakin catfished by a tubby troll from his couch.

Fire the whole lot for cause. What a colossal sh*t show!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I’m frustrated by the situation, but can we at least see who we land before we declare the need for mass firing?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SS, the entire UA and the university president got freakin catfished by a tubby troll from his couch.

Fire the whole lot for cause. What a colossal sh*t show!

The President of a university has a LOT more important things on his or her mind than athletics. I'm very proud that UF has finally cracked the Top 10 in academics among public schools. If you want to fire Dr. Fuchs over this, you are an absolute idiot. As a university professor myself (IT and Cyber Security), I can definitely attest to this.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The President of a university has a LOT more important things on his or her mind than athletics. I'm very proud that UF has finally cracked the Top 10 in academics among public schools. If you want to fire Dr. Fuchs over this, you are an absolute idiot. As a university professor myself (IT and Cyber Security), I can definitely attest to this.

That is why he shouldn't have been foolish enough to let the AD talk him into that without a done deal. Machen would have laughed at Foley if he requested him to do that without a done deal.

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
I heard the same thing yesterday....that he was told Shannon would be staying on but that was unacceptable for Kelly

Ridiculous. Let’s just start making things up so we can complain about something. Accept the fact that just because you love a university doesn’t mean everyone’s feels the same way and certain situations are better/worse for somebody than others. I wonder if other teams’ fans are as dumb as ours.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Corral will be going to go to UCLA with his friend and teammate Cam McDonald who also de-committed from USC.

Anyone who doesn't think Kelly will turn UCLA into a playoff team quickly is dreaming. Homerun hire for them.
I hope the NCAA is watching closely.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That is why he shouldn't have been foolish enough to let the AD talk him into that without a done deal. Machen would have laughed at Foley if he requested him to do that without a done deal.
Fuchs called the meeting.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I suggest “the coaching search thread” is the most logical choice to get the job done. The other 8 threads should either be merged or deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.