Status
Not open for further replies.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oregon's state of the art facility is 142,000 square feet built in 2013 at a cost of $68 M. It was 8 years in the planning. In case you haven't seen the facility, it is nice. Just what an 18 yo kid from the muck deserves. Here's the link.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...all-facility-hatfield-dowlin-complex/2606223/

Still have to build a new baseball stadium and move parking and perform a million other incidentals.
I'm guessing CK's contract has to be at least 5 years at 30 million with a menu of incentives, his coaching and support staff could be another 25. I imagine the total cost would exceed 150 million. There are a lot of moving parts to this and I can guarantee that the facilities can't be designed and built as quickly as you think. This is larger than the AD's paygrade.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Nothing will be announced until Monday after fsu, but don't let that stop the panic. :D

Easily the most logical thing to do if they pull it off. Especially regarding the purported respect administration has for Shannon. This team is struggling to focus on the now, why screw it up and degrade his efforts with a shiny new toy. And the recruits don't seem to be too skittish right now. They'll make their moves after we announce.

Now, if you'll excuse me ...
:panic:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oregon's state of the art facility is 142,000 square feet built in 2013 at a cost of $68 M. It was 8 years in the planning. In case you haven't seen the facility, it is nice. Just what an 18 yo kid from the muck deserves. Here's the link.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...all-facility-hatfield-dowlin-complex/2606223/

Still have to build a new baseball stadium and move parking and perform a million other incidentals.
I'm guessing CK's contract has to be at least 5 years at 30 million with a menu of incentives, his coaching and support staff could be another 25. I imagine the total cost would exceed 150 million. There are a lot of moving parts to this and I can guarantee that the facilities can't be designed and built as quickly as you think. This is larger than the AD's paygrade.
Precisely and all the more reason the UAA has an opportunity to shine or scoff and eff it up again.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My info's got to be spot-on 'cause I water-boarded my source. Chip Kelly's hand is in a boot; he can't sign anything right now.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well this is interesting. The baseball stadium can't be torn down until after baseball season in 2019 because of the construction time table for the new stadium.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-baseball-new-stadium

Gonna be difficult to have the football all-in-one built the same year.
Couldn't happen anyway. If you are basing your all in one facility on the indoor facility recently built forget it. That thing as nothing more than a glorified Butler building.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Guys we are all betting bent outta shape because a guy said ' "could fall through". He even goes on and says " the deal is by no means dead and could still happen". And as far as ESPN turds picking Mullen to Florida, Hell they might have felt wired about picking Kelly being they work with him. Just a though before we all go crazy and drink bleach or something.
And is probably speculating

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

And all at the apex of the market. Demographics are at play as well.

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
If Kelly ends up at UF he's going to be the reason we are dragged into the modern era of college football in terms of facilities and program management. He could end up being a Charley Pell type in terms of contributions to the infrastructure of the program. Kelley might go down as one of the greatest. Right guy, right time for a paradigm shift in our football fortunes. Stricklin needs to get it done!

TonyD

Nov 17, 2017
Guys we are all betting bent outta shape because a guy said ' "could fall through". He even goes on and says " the deal is by no means dead and could still happen". And as far as ESPN turds picking Mullen to Florida, Hell they might have felt wired about picking Kelly being they work with him. Just a though before we all go crazy and drink bleach or something.

Mmmmm... bleach...

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Trying to hold out hope until we get word that the parties involved have walked away from the table.

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
Did you guys ever stop to consider tjeyabye theirs a reason SS isn't on Twitter, and didn't go with the baseball team to the White House, and didn't go to the basketball game? Mabye, juuust maybe their tryin to finalize the deal? I'm guessing that if their is any interest in any other teams, it's Chip's agent tryin to get more money or for us to meet the demands he wants? This **** takes time guys.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
I'm up, I'm down, I'm up, I'm down. Holy crap.

When I restart my phone it doesn't even bother booting anything else up, just comes straight to this thread.

I should really think about my priorities in life.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Last I heard the ball is in the UAA's court and they are meeting this morning. Hopefully we get some good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.