Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
There's nothing wrong with being :proud: of those other sports programs. But never lose sight of the fact that fooball pays the bills. No matter how much you love the all-sports trophy, and we do, football still pays the bills and should always be treated as the premier sports program. Never should there be any doubt which sport keeps the others above water.

Football is my favorite and I'll admit the biggest and yes, the most important. But I will never argue or support the notion that other sports be sacrificed for football. We are talking about the University of Florida, not IMG Academy. Fortunately UF has the resources to do it all.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I’m not surprised there was not any news today. Today was game day and the university should make today about the players and current staff that is playing a game today and not release news that could distract the players. Now that the game is over all bets are off. I’d love to wake up tomorrow with the announcement of a PC scheduled for Monday...fingers crossed!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Don’t wrap yourself around the axel of expectations. The buzz cooked up about Kelly is fabricated and buying into it self-inflicted. Any disappointment about him not coming is thus fabricated and buying into it also self-inflicted.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hardly a strong denial when Frost says "I can promise you no decision has been made." Notice he didn't say "I am not considering any job openings, or I am not considering coaching Nebraska." All he is saying is that he hasn't decided which team he is leaving UCF for.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Not everyone takes the same approach to communicating a denial.

Nevertheless, we shall see.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
You must be drunk. Just because we didn't have a PC on Friday it means Kelly is no longer coming? He's still coming.
No you misunderstood my post. I still believe and hope he is coming. I’m saying that mists of the posts in this thread are off topic and no longer about CK coming to UF.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
There's nothing wrong with being :proud: of those other sports programs. But never lose sight of the fact that fooball pays the bills. No matter how much you love the all-sports trophy, and we do, football still pays the bills and should always be treated as the premier sports program. Never should there be any doubt which sport keeps the others above water.

I couldn't agree with this more. No organization, no matter how successful, has enough resources to do everything. The only thing the non-revenue sports deserve is whatever is left over after football gets everything it needs and more.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t wrap yourself around the axel of expectations. The buzz cooked up about Kelly is fabricated and buying into it self-inflicted. Any disappointment about him not coming is thus fabricated and buying into it also self-inflicted.
Yes, it's all fabricated. :rolleyes3:

Put down the fortune cookie.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

So you're denying the number of mainstream media outlets that believe there has been contact between the parties? You have to admit, there've been quite a few. I consider that smoke.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
So you're denying the number of mainstream media outlets that believe there has been contact between the parties? You have to admit, there've been quite a few. I consider that smoke.

What mainstream media outlets?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Football is my favorite and I'll admit the biggest and yes, the most important. But I will never argue or support the notion that other sports be sacrificed for football. We are talking about the University of Florida, not IMG Academy. Fortunately UF has the resources to do it all.

Well, unfortunately you must be wrong. If you were right, we wouldn't be scrambling to try and figure out how to upgrade facilities fast enough to get Chip Kelly on board. We're that far behind... So either money is in fact an issue, or our UAA/Admin doesn't believe the football program is worth spending the money on to stay competitive. I'd really, really hate to think our UAA/Admin is that stupid and short sighted.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Forde (Yahoo), Low (ESPN), Feldman, SI.com, CBS Sports. That's a quick retrieval off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.

Those articles weren't based on anything related to him being our next coach but more pointed to why he would be a good fit, if I remember right.

Only thing I have seen that points to negotiations has been cloud sourced media by anyone but mainstream.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Well, unfortunately you must be wrong. If you were right, we wouldn't be scrambling to try and figure out how to upgrade facilities fast enough to get Chip Kelly on board. We're that far behind... So either money is in fact an issue, or our UAA/Admin doesn't believe the football program is worth spending the money on to stay competitive. I'd really, really hate to think our UAA/Admin is that stupid and short sighted.

You might be in for a rude awakening then. Our facilities (and I mean any of them) are not up-to-date due a choice by the UAA leadership, Foley. Strickland and others are in catch-up mode.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Those articles weren't based on anything related to him being our next coach but more pointed to why he would be a good fit, if I remember right.

Only thing I have seen that points to negotiations has been cloud sourced media by anyone but mainstream.

No one's saying that saw Kelly and Stricklin meeting at the Starbucks on 13th Street, yada, yada, yada, but there is more than an inference of legitimacy in the accounts that have come out.

To wit:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...-possible-meeting-chip-kelly-scott-stricklin/

"I'm starting to hear now ..."

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...hrough-according-to-ESPNs-Chris-Low-110644380

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

The counter espionage unit of the UAA has been busy planting false information at timed intervals with unsuspecting operatives in the booster and twitter community. The illuminati is also involved.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You might be in for a rude awakening then. Our facilities (and I mean any of them) are not up-to-date due a choice by the UAA leadership, Foley. Strickland and others are in catch-up mode.

I hope you're right and Stricklin has the pull to make happen what needs to happen. I guess I'm just afraid it's the higher ups (UF Admin) that's held our facilities down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.