Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
As long as Kelly's assistants were not involved in the scandal there is no reason for their hiring to be denied. If any were involved there may have to be more negotiating. It doesn't sound like this should be a deal-breaker.
I really like this Chip Kelly guy. A man with a plan ready to be implemented. So much different than the last two dumbasses fooley hired.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At this point, if it ends up being anybody other than Chip Kelly or Scott Frost, Scott Stricklin will end up getting this treatment from Gator Nation:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I sometimes replicate interesting topics from other sites, I usually give some credit to them, but I don't pay for anything so it is by my ethical standards fine. If OX thinks otherwise I can easily stop.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Do we trust Neil? Or is this more smoke

No. No respect for a guy that gets so angry at criticism he starts posting people’s personal history in retaliation. He blocked me at one point because I told him a true journalist would never do that, but he thought it was fair since they pointed out how wrong he was on so many issues.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I really like this Chip Kelly guy. A man with a plan ready to be implemented. So much different than the last two dumbasses fooley hired.

Considering that he's had quite a bit of time off to think about these sorts of things, he damn well better have plan.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I sometimes replicate interesting topics from other sites, I usually give some credit to them, but I don't pay for anything so it is by my ethical standards fine. If OX thinks otherwise I can easily stop.

No Chief, don't stop, just paraphrase a line or two ... or add an unneeded introductory phrase. If ya got no standards, you could do like me = misspell words and use wrong grammar. No author's gonna claim they wrote that.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Okay I did some sleuthing. As I remember it.
1) The $4.5M/six year deal was first posted in a thread

2) Then someone who's initials I suspect are GA posted in the chatbox what looked to be a picture taken with a phone of a computer screen that was Spivey confirming the deal.

3) Then Navet posted a tweet of by GatorArts that has since been taken down but the follwowing posts indicate the tweet was about the $4.5M/6 yr deal

Courtesy of GatorArts in the chat box:

So the question is, what was in that tweet?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agree, it's ridiculous to think RS had 4-5* DT, Safeties and MLB lined up and Mac was like, "no, bring me more 3 * DE's and corners."
JFC..... We TARGETED all the usual bluechipppers (Davis, Wilson, Bush, Mbewhatever, dozens more) , Zach reported we were leading, butterteef flew in to seal the deal(LATE usually Jan), then they inevitably went some place else, and Zach reported that at least we were second with all those kids.

Then we picked 3 star leftovers, or bluechippers with knee injuries or who got suspended their entire senior season.

Wash, rinse repeat, it is the story of Butters recruiting process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.