Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I wonder how much Kelly charged us per ticket for that meet and greet? Did he at least perform one of his hit songs before he signed some autographs?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Just checking in after the sad news. Please update me on the proper GC company line - should we fire SS now?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If he's a lazy recruiter, Florida would have been a better choice. Recruits would have just come to him. Poor logic.

He didn't recruit in Oregon, his staff did. Or he paid middle men to manipulate recruits into coming. He's a film guy. The Xs and Os. It is what makes him good. In the end, he did not want the pressure of the SEC. I've seen enough comments from Belotti and others leading to that conclusion. You don't choose UCLA because they'll lead you to a title. They haven't won a natty in over 60 years.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Just like we got the inside story that the contract was signed? You people and your “insiders” crack me up.
What part of the story did you not believe? Nobody from Florida said it was done. I never believed it. Go back and look my posts up. I barely had any confidence after Monday. But everyone on Florida’s side believed it to be done and then he pvssied out. Nothing you can do about that. He went to UCLA to make chicken scratch at a never-been program because it’s easier. Nothing will change that.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I wonder how much Kelly charged us per ticket for that meet and greet? Did he at least perform one of his hit songs before he signed some autographs?

1. Despite reports from sources. he signed no autograph.
2. We did not even get a reach around. He is that type of guy.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Oh. And in California they don't have to, right? Make up your mind.

He already has some perhaps many from his previous college job. In the South East he would have almost none and almost no Cali players come to UF. I also hear he won't stand out there and might here. He might think that but I doubt with his supposed life that would make much difference. If your life is football you are not out and about that much.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
What part of the story did you not believe? Nobody from Florida said it was done. I never believed it. Go back and look my posts up. I barely had any confidence after Monday. But everyone on Florida’s side believed it to be done and then he pvssied out. Nothing you can do about that. He went to UCLA to make chicken scratch at a never-been program because it’s easier. Nothing will change that.
I don’t believe there was ever an “agreement.” I believe Chip expressed interest, and that’s about it. But your post stated that soon we’ll get the “inside” story on what really happened. I don’t believe we’ll ever get the true inside story, and any supposed inside story that we do hear I will be skeptical of anyway.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

There are also reports that Kelly was very impressed with UF officials, but feels more comfortable in the pac 12. I guess it depends on who you believe.

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
I wanted Kelly in Gainesville like a lot of people , but it kind of changes thing when all the talking heads, ESPN goons, all "the twitter", and different sports media outlets basically said HE WAS A BITC#, wanted to go where it was "easier" in the PAC 12. That kind of changed my mind a little bit.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't recruit in Oregon, his staff did. Or he paid middle men to manipulate recruits into coming. He's a film guy. The Xs and Os. It is what makes him good. In the end, he did not want the pressure of the SEC. I've seen enough comments from Belotti and others leading to that conclusion. You don't choose UCLA because they'll lead you to a title. They haven't won a natty in over 60 years.
What team doesn't have staff recruiting? Hell, the elite teams have plenty of "cough" assistants "cough" recruiting. Perhaps he chose UCLA because he wasn't told by the UAA that he will have to keep certain coaches. Maybe they are going to let him do his thing, oh the shock.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted Kelly in Gainesville like a lot of people , but it kind of changes thing when all the talking heads, ESPN goons, all "the twitter", and different sports media outlets basically said HE WAS A BITC#, wanted to go where it was "easier" in the PAC 12. That kind of changed my mind a little bit.
Because they are always accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.