Chris Steele transfers to USC(!), now has "everything he ever wanted"

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
All I know is I’m not looking forward to all the fallout surrounding this

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What is it and why are you so defensive of it?

Oh, Law and Alky had a minor disagreement and said a few out of character things. In the end, cooler heads prevailed and they remain good friends despite having respectfully opposing views.

Frankly the whole thing seems to have been blown out of proportion.

Oh, and someone may have a cross-dressing parent. Can’t remember which one.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I don't disagree that this all looks terrible. But, ftr, we ditched Corral because he was not a fit at all for what Mullen wants. Mullen signing Jones a week later tells us all we need to know there. Neither party lost in that case.

I respectfully and non-acrimoniously disagree to a considerable extent. Corral has excellent wheels for a "pro" QB recruit. His film showed very good mobility and better foot speed than Franks ever dreamed of. He was also an excellent passer and was about the same size as EJ. So the total misfit thing is questionable at best, at least in my opinion. I'm really pissed at the moment and maybe I'm being a little too harsh, but I honestly don't think so. I've taken some major hits for defending DM the last several days and this whole damn deal comes as a punch in the gut. End of rant.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Oh, Law and Alky had a minor disagreement and said a few out of character things. In the end, cooler heads prevailed and they remain good friends despite having respectfully opposing views.

Frankly the whole thing seems to have been blown out of proportion.

Oh, and someone may have a cross-dressing parent. Can’t remember which one.
I'm just havin' fun with words and grammar... everyone knows I don't belong here, but Zambo dragged me into it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The artist (and philosopher) formerly known as Bowl adds his powerful analysis:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Serious question about the Keys dorms. Son #1 lived there last year and we'd see athletes 24/7. A regular Keys room has 4 individual rooms, 2 baths with a common sink area, common area and kitchen. Any idea what the rooms the athletes use look like because every damn time I went in my sons individual room, I would think, "There is no way in Hell a guy 6'4" and 250+ as an athlete can possibly live in here!" Anyone have any idea if the rooms are modified because there is no one living 2 to a room in Keys unless they've knocked out cinder block walls and converted them.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well, you certainly were given enough warnings. You need anger management therapy.

:bananawave:

Donky, say one more word about it and you're gone, too.
Oh lord that was funny and I didnt get half of it..............Now I gotta go read the whole gdmm thread. I knew these kids would start bailing when they didnt have enough putt putt courses and hot tubs and game rooms and vigilant bag men making visits on time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I respectfully and non-acrimoniously disagree to a considerable extent. Corral has excellent wheels for a "pro" QB recruit. His film showed very good mobility and better foot speed than Franks ever dreamed of. He was also an excellent passer and was about the same size as EJ. So the total misfit thing is questionable at best, at least in my opinion. I'm really pissed at the moment and maybe I'm being a little too harsh, but I honestly don't think so. I've taken some major hits for defending DM the last several days and this whole damn deal comes as a punch in the gut. End of rant.
He was a total misfit and Mullinz was wise to flush him.

And he would have left anyway. He isnt even close to being an option QB. Being a capable scrambler is nothing like being an option QB.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

To be clear, we don't know whether or not Corral would've been great in our offense, and it's certainly open to debate. But I think the immediate signing of Jones makes it obvious that DM got his choice. Could be the wrong choice, as I said. But that's a mange/mismanage question, not an actual recruiting loss. At least that's my view.

Also, with regards to Franks, he was already here. So he wasn't choosing him as a fit and I think most would agree he's still not the ideal guy. Yes, Mullen will work with whatever he has. But if he can script it his way, it would look more like Jones than Corral.

But yes, the whole last few weeks have been garbage.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Throw in the thing about how we ditched Corral due to "character issues" for what has turned out to be a even bigger POS and we don't just look corrupt, we look cosmically stupid as well. DM got a lotta splainin to do. The question is, will anyone be listening?

I don't disagree that this all looks terrible. But, ftr, we ditched Corral because he was not a fit at all for what Mullen wants. Mullen signing Jones a week later tells us all we need to know there. Neither party lost in that case.

Matt Corral and Emory Jones were in the class of 2018. Jalon Jones was in the 2019 class. So there was no Corral for Jalon Jones swap and in fairness to Emory Jones you guys should quit confusing Emory Jones with Jalon Jones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.