Chris Steele transfers to USC(!), now has "everything he ever wanted"

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some day soon y'all will be old enough to put a saucer or cereal bowl by the last light switch leaving the kitchen on the way to the garage. Your keys live there 100% of the time if you are home.....simple, as you know who would say!

Huge time saver....

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Was just having this conversation with some friends today. They can’t imagine why we’re not going for the 3rd(possible girl). Once you’re out of that mode, you’re out.
I have 3 girls. People ask if we're going to try for a boy. Uh, no way.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Big3 Rollup? UnkaSilk's thing? Ok

"And that, coupled with being 2,500 miles away from home, is what I believe is at the root cause of this decision.

So did we have coaches spending a substantial portion of their time 2500 miles from home exactly?

Who made that decision? Did someone move it? It used to be only 500 miles but now is 2500 due to climate change?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He flew to California to talk to Steele and his family. No one outside of that circle has any clue what that conversation consisted of. It may have been an apology, and it may have simply been trying to convince parents that their son was in good hands, despite this.

One thing is for sure. Had he not flown out there and at least tried, certain ones here would be roasting him for lack of effort. When he does, it’s automatically turned into a grovel fest from a guilty coach.

Again, there’s a definite CNN-esque narrative here. Durty and a few others have nailed his. The ones who want to give DM the benefit of the doubt are going to, and the ones that don’t aren’t. I don’t care what preface is used, that’s reality. Take away the subject line and it’s not a whole lot different than the post-Uk/Mizz/uga threads.

We’ve even managed to squeeze in an extra loss for 2018, which is impressive, and completely dismissed the 10 win season—in his first season and with misfits all over the place, including the what was unanimously consider our worst roster since the ‘70s—as all but meaningless.

Honestly, it’s embarrassing.
I like Mullen. Let's get that out right now. I'm not even bashing him. Do i think it is stupid to lose your only 5 star recruit this way? Yes. Again...im a big picture guy. We can't afford to lose top end talent. We just can't. Do you know what the ratio of 5 stars is...UGA to UF? 22-0...depending on publication. I'm gonna be as straight forward as possible...until we bridge that gap...it could be Lombard Spurrier and Urban vs Goff and we will lose more than we win. Sorry...

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I like Mullen. Do i think it is stupid to lose your only 5 star recruit this way? Yes.

Your post from Thursday night...

“I'm trying not to bash Mullen or Steele until more facts come out. “

Please list all the facts that have come out over the last, what, 48 hours that have confirmed that Mullen truly lost this kid.

I’m not going to debate the overall situation with you, as I know just as much as the people I’m questioning. But my point stands. People who are less than sold on Mullen are going to view this, and take this, in a different way than those that are.

To be clear, I know you want what all of us want. Im just pointing out that some are already passing judgement, even if only subconsciously.

Last edited:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Well, Mullen supposedly flew to California to talk to him. Sounds like he tried pretty hard to me.
Flying to and from California isn’t that hard. I do it all the time. Seems more like a case of too little too late to me. Who knows, the kid might not have been savable, but the time to save him was well before he packed up and went home. `

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The time to save is the time spent prancing around the country striking out on bluechips from elsewhere...all while the elite kids in Florida uniformly say they dont hear from our staff.

Stick to Florida mostly, rarely venture to nearby states, maybe check the temperature on a few eastern snowbelt kids who might like a warmer winter, but most of our effort has to be on reclaiming FLORIDA.

There is little excuse for us not exercising our flagship homecourt advantage.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I dont recall that.

It seems like yesterday that the pumpers were reduced to the point of celebrating if that sharkraper managed to score at all.

I meant couldn’t score a TD, I wasn’t paying attention to what I typed. I definitely don’t want to give Mac any undeserving credit. Lol

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Are there still rumors of “several players” getting ready to leave? Or are they just old rumors? Update the title.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As done as most are with the whole Jalen Jones/Chris Steele situation, until there is some official resolution (i.e. Steele officially transferring, school statement, etc.) this will continue to be an unresolved chord, and speculation and commentary will fill the gap until that time.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
I dont know how much to believe but serious rumors swirling around social media that Chris Steele will announce his return to Florida soon...no links and no confirmation..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator