Coaches getting axed begins

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@DanWolken: Coming off an 8-4 year, Missouri coach Barry Odom’s name has been popping up with multiple searches today. One big reason why: Only $2 million of his Missouri contract is guaranteed. Jimmy Sexton angling for more security, sure, but there could be a real market for him.
Wasn't he ill, like terminally ill?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Louisville: There is mutual interest between Missouri head coach Barry Odom and Louisville regarding the open head coaching position with the Cardinals, according to 247.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Can you imagine being so desperate you'd be drooling over Barry freaking Odom? It's embarrassing, he's a walking joke.

They are going to have a 4-win season next year without their senior QB, so Odom needs to take the money and run before it's discovered that he sucks balls.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Can you imagine being so desperate you'd be drooling over Barry freaking Odom? It's embarrassing, he's a walking joke.

They are going to have a 4-win season next year without their senior QB, so Odom needs to take the money and run before it's discovered that he sucks balls.

I agree with you about Odom. He does just enough to keep his job and that gives the majority of fans false hope, b/c they just don;t watch games very closely. If Lulvul wants to throw cake his way he needs to cash his tickets. I would not begrudge him, but whichever school ups his ante will be the worse for it in about 3 years.

BTW I happened to be in LUlvul this week and heard some very interesting talk regarding Petrino and that his firing had very little to do with the football aspect. Kind of resorting back to his old ways and a few other things.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with you about Odom. He does just enough to keep his job and that gives the majority of fans false hope, b/c they just don;t watch games very closely. If Lulvul wants to throw cake his way he needs to cash his tickets. I would not begrudge him, but whichever school ups his ante will be the worse for it in about 3 years.

BTW I happened to be in LUlvul this week and heard some very interesting talk regarding Petrino and that his firing had very little to do with the football aspect. Kind of resorting back to his old ways and a few other things.
He screwed himself when he hired his entire family as assistants. Guy used to be one of the best offensive minds out there.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The peak for Fedora was the ACC title game in 2015, when UNC got royally hosed on a terrible offside call on an onside kick. The program never recovered from it, they lost to Clemson that night by 8, lost badly to Baylor in their bowl game, and the downward spiral began.

Wake Forest beat UNC, Duke, and NC State this season to win the 'state championship', yet are barely bowl eligible. That alone tells you how bad the A-She-She is in football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
iu

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Former players and coaches make for awful ADs

Swann is an extremely intelligent and erudite dude. Back in my journalism days I had the opportunity to do an extended one on one with him while he was getting ready for an event down at Wide World of Sports. I haven't followed what he has done at USCw but it would not surprise me if he did well there. This isn't your typical jock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.