Coaches getting axed begins

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: West Virginia OC Jake Spavital will be new coach at Texas State, @Keff_C reports

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tough spot for that program. Roster full of option kids. Can modernize and go through some growing pains or bring in another option guy and mediocrity continues. I know their fans could care less either way.

I'm glad to see Johnson move on. He actually put a solid team on the field this year. I want a coach to come in there and - at least - give UGA some in-state competition. I know Ga Tech will always be the step-brother and take a back seat, but there's no reason they can't win one out of four or five years. Hopefully they make a good hire.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tough spot for that program. Roster full of option kids. Can modernize and go through some growing pains or bring in another option guy and mediocrity continues. I know their fans could care less either way.
That guy from LaLa that was Fooley's second choice after Butters got fired two years later and is available.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad to see Johnson move on. He actually put a solid team on the field this year. I want a coach to come in there and - at least - give UGA some in-state competition. I know Ga Tech will always be the step-brother and take a back seat, but there's no reason they can't win one out of four or five years. Hopefully they make a good hire.
Tech isn’t interested in football enough to make a decent hire.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jeff Brohm: Quite a while back we reported that Purdue was going aggressive to keep Brohm. Tonight, Pat Forde is reporting that Purdue is “believed to have sweetened Brohm’s current $4 million per-year deal to as much as $6 million annually, while offering incentives to stay.” Forde added that Louisville’s offer was walked up to $5 million per year.

Florida State: FSU president John Trasher told Warchant he expects a few of Willie Taggart’s assistants to take other jobs this winter, while pledging Taggart will have the resources necessary to properly fill those vacancies.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
He was a good guy and built a solid program, just was never going to go beyond where they are now. Sad thing is that back in the late 90's early 00's they still gave a crap and did compete for top guys in the state and got a lot of them. I know the rankings weren't what they are now, but there were a lot of the top guys in the state going to Tech when O'Leary was there. I'm just not sure two decades of mediocrity later than can just turn it back on to get the fans excited again. Most of given up and are just happy to be there and a 6 win season is all they require.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
The real Q here is....Does F$U have any coaches anyone else wants? Esp. after the sh*t show they produced last Saturday.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Brohm: Quite a while back we reported that Purdue was going aggressive to keep Brohm. Tonight, Pat Forde is reporting that Purdue is “believed to have sweetened Brohm’s current $4 million per-year deal to as much as $6 million annually, while offering incentives to stay.” Forde added that Louisville’s offer was walked up to $5 million per year.

Florida State: FSU president John Trasher told Warchant he expects a few of Willie Taggart’s assistants to take other jobs this winter, while pledging Taggart will have the resources necessary to properly fill those vacancies.

2 things of note:

1. Purdue overpaid.
2. If FSux is making Willie get rid of assistants already - then the writing is already on the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.