Coaches getting axed begins

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
No way Gus would be coaching immediately if the barn let him go. He'd take that wad of cash they'd have to pay him and go be a talking head somewhere for a while.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have zero interest in malzahns offensive influence. None. The passing game at the barn hasn't been impressive at since hes been there. He's made stidham worse.

Cliff Kingsbury would be interesting to me. He runs a totally different offense, obviously. But as you say, him having some influence would be nice. But let's be real, he's gonna be the hottest OC on the market and possibly have some HC opportunities. He wouldn't come here to be a co'oc.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have zero interest in malzahns offensive influence. None. The passing game at the barn hasn't been impressive at since hes been there. He's made stidham worse.

Cliff Kingsbury would be interesting to me. He runs a totally different offense, obviously. But as you say, him having some influence would be nice. But let's be real, he's gonna be the hottest OC on the market.

texas-tech-v-baylor-5bf9de7bac45961ad4000001.jpg

I agree. I love his hair. He reminds me of that actor from the Noteboo...wait...

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
@DanWolken: Coming off an 8-4 year, Missouri coach Barry Odom’s name has been popping up with multiple searches today. One big reason why: Only $2 million of his Missouri contract is guaranteed. Jimmy Sexton angling for more security, sure, but there could be a real market for him.
:bwahaha:

ADs are
:drunk:

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
"However, Football Scoop added this to their report:

For what it is worth, FootballScoop was told that people representing Auburn met with Bob Stoops a few weeks back…."
This must be the outlet that reported Stricklin had Tagglewain on his coaching short list last season. Even if they did contact Stoops, Stoops made it clear he, unlike Meyer, was more concerned about family. One of the reasons he left coaching was his father died of a heart attack at a young age. Right about Bob Stoops age right now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like how Jimmy Sexton gets a raise every year no matter which of his shytty clients win.

Last year, Butters and Brick by Brick tank, so he finds away to get 10 mil for Chimp and a 6 year contract for beating those tools.

This year Chimp tanks.... so Odom and Baby Stoops need money bc they beat Chimp and Voleschimp and went 8-4 instead of 6-6.

No matter what, he and his clients make tens of millions more every fvgging year.

Last edited:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like how Jimmy Sexton gets a raise every year no matter which of his shytty clients win.

Last year, Butters and Brick by Brick tank, so he finds away to get 10 mil for Chimp.

This year Chimp tanks, ok Odom and Baby Stoops need money bc they beat Chimp and Voleschimp and went 8-4 instead of 6-6.

No matter what, he and his clients make tens of millions more every fvgging year.
He's good at his job for sure.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Last year, Butters and Brick by Brick tank, so he finds away to get 10 mil for Chimp and a 6 year contract for beating those tools.

This year Chimp tanks.... so Odom and Baby Stoops need money bc they beat Chimp and Voleschimp and went 8-4 instead of 6-6.

I think he and other agents do a great job of selling the "fear" element.

I remember fans on here worrying about losing WM to Texas during the 2012 season. There were threads on Rivals from Alabama fans during McElwain's first year suggesting that as soon as Saban hung it up, he was Tuscaloosa bound. It's laughable now, and if nothing else, was highly premature even then. But it gives you an idea of perception and the idea that if you don't pay up(or even if you do), someone else will and you'll be left hanging.

You'd have to think that the Fisher-A&M/Taggart-fsu situation will be referenced a thousand times this offseason when these agents are lobbying for raises. It's one of the examples of a school sticking to their guns and getting burned.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cliff Kingsbury would be interesting to me. He runs a totally different offense, obviously. But as you say, him having some influence would be nice. But let's be real, he's gonna be the hottest OC on the market and possibly have some HC opportunities. He wouldn't come here to be a co'oc.

There are a number of NFL teams that are apparently interested in Kingsbury at OC.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Sounds like baseline budgeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator