Congrats to Billy

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Great series by okc. After getting destroyed in game 1 they take 4 of 5 from pop and the Spurs in convincing fashion. Not a tougher out in nba and that includes GS. Very impressive for the kid. Congrats!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In a lot of ways he did, and pop is the best coach in the nba and has been for some time. We may have just witnessed a changing of the guard.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In a lot of ways he did, and pop is the best coach in the nba and has been for some time. We may have just witnessed a changing of the guard.
hold your horses, Durant will be gone after this year. Billy is going to be in rebuild mode after this season.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
hold your horses, Durant will be gone after this year. Billy is going to be in rebuild mode after this season.
But if he wins it all he will go down as one of the greatest coaches in basketball having won 2 titles in college and one in the pros. And in his first year yet. That'll kinda piss you off, won't it?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But if he wins it all he will go down as one of the greatest coaches in basketball having won 2 titles in college and one in the pros. And in his first year yet. That'll kinda piss you off, won't it?
Nope. I had more fun watching the '04's than any of our football titles.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's the best coach left in the playoffs and has a pretty good roster

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
He's the best coach left in the playoffs and has a pretty good roster

And yet I have scarcely heard his name mentioned throughout the playoffs. It's as if OKC doesn't have a coach. Listened to Mike & Mike with one of their NBA analysts (maybe Jalen Rose) one morning this week. They spent 10-15 minutes talking about the Thunder-Spurs series and never once mentioned Billy's name.

It seems a bit odd, especially considering that the Thunder under Scott Brooks were considered to be under-coached.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
You guys are correct. Not many are talking about Billy. I think the perception is that he walked into a talented roster with 2 of the best players in the NBA.

Remember he lost his top assistant (Monty Williams) for the year and his other Mo Cheeks was out for a big chunk of time. Billy did a smart thing in the regular season by staggering Durant's and Westbrook's minutes so they weren't overused. He prepared this team for the playoffs well. I think OKC can beat GS, but it will be tough.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It will be very tough for OKC to be GS. I'm not sure they have the horses to do it, but with the way Westbrook is playing they do have a shot. If Billy can figure out a way to slow down Curry and Green then maybe they shock the world. I love seeing Billy have so much success!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And yet I have scarcely heard his name mentioned throughout the playoffs. It's as if OKC doesn't have a coach. Listened to Mike & Mike with one of their NBA analysts (maybe Jalen Rose) one morning this week. They spent 10-15 minutes talking about the Thunder-Spurs series and never once mentioned Billy's name.

It seems a bit odd, especially considering that the Thunder under Scott Brooks were considered to be under-coached.

Hard to give a first year coach his due, even when he had the college success as Billy. He is not really part of that fraternity of coaches yet, give him a few years of NBA track record and his name will be brought up more.

Sep 29, 2015
Billy's impact has been criminally underrated. This is basically the same team they've had the previous 4-5 years and couldn't make much noise with (injuries, yada yada). The difference between BD and Brooks is that Billy has been able to get production out of the role players, and he's made smart line up moves, e.g., putting Kanter and Adams on the Court at the same time (doesn't work against the Warriors though).

Nobody gave OKC a chance. Billy deserves a ton of credit. Very happy for him. Hopefully Durant recognizes this and he decides to re-up with the Thunder.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It will be very tough for OKC to be GS. I'm not sure they have the horses to do it, but with the way Westbrook is playing they do have a shot. If Billy can figure out a way to slow down Curry and Green then maybe they shock the world. I love seeing Billy have so much success!

They have the horses. If OKC turns the ball over against GS like they did against the spurs it will be a quick series. Billy figured out he could run the spurs old legs out of the gym. That will not work against GS. Besides being young, they are deep.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I give them maybe a 5% chance to beat the Warriors, but it's remarkable how well they've done up to this point.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Principal on PTI started giving Billy credit (only thing that changed, he said), and Lebstard (guest) became incensed giving Donovan no credit whatsoever. Weird.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Principal on PTI started giving Billy credit (only thing that changed, he said), and Lebstard (guest) became incensed giving Donovan no credit whatsoever. Weird.

You expected something different? You can't spell his last name without "tard."

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Living in San Antonio now, I can tell you that everyone here thought they were going to breeze through OKC. I am glad Billy showed them other wise. I actually think that OKC can win it all. Durant and Westbrook are animals together. They can cause some havoc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator