Congrats to Billy

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are correct. Not many are talking about Billy. I think the perception is that he walked into a talented roster with 2 of the best players in the NBA.

Remember he lost his top assistant (Monty Williams) for the year and his other Mo Cheeks was out for a big chunk of time. Billy did a smart thing in the regular season by staggering Durant's and Westbrook's minutes so they weren't overused. He prepared this team for the playoffs well. I think OKC can beat GS, but it will be tough.
I don't watch the NBA anymore, but OKC had a certain perception over the past few years from newscasters. It's been believed that they have underachieved because they had detrimental coaching. I don't think any of them believe that Billy is doing anything special other than just staying out of Durant and Westbrooks way. Obviously that's not true. If Phil Jackson can get credit for MJ, Scottie, Shaq, and Kobe, then Billy should get credit for Durant and Westbrook.

I'm glad Billy learned to rest his guys. He always seemed to run his guys ragged here between the way practices were run and their minutes in games. Of course these guys are professionals and don't have to worry about classes and such.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Youre dead to me.

No real Gator could say that.
Haha, I grew up in a basketball household. The NCAA tournament is my favorite sporting event. Before Stern ruined the NBA, I used to watch the NBA all the time. The '04's were just special.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
He handed pop his ass
People were saying it was a coaching mismatch with Popovich over Billy. It didn't turn out that way. ;) Glad to see Billy do well and make another final four the NBA final four. But beating the Warriors the best shooting team ever will be asking alot. Westbrook will need to shoot better this series that's for sure and OKC will need to pound GS on the boards to have any chance. Curry and Green aren't 100% so who knows.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Youre dead to me.

No real Gator could say that.
He is actually more human to me now. That team was the greatest gator team of all time. Football or basketball. The same team won back to back NCAA titles. A feat that is ranks up there in difficulty.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Haha, I grew up in a basketball household. The NCAA tournament is my favorite sporting event. Before Stern ruined the NBA, I used to watch the NBA all the time. The '04's were just special.
Same here. I played bb 5 years in HS just one year JV. I loved the nba until it became the clear out one on one league. The NCAA tournament is still the best college event. Smart about bball food........2 out of 3 aint bad ;)

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Same here. I played bb 5 years in HS just one year JV. I loved the nba until it became the clear out one on one league. The NCAA tournament is still the best college event. Smart about bball food........2 out of 3 aint bad ;)
two out of three isn't bad, glad you aren't so hard on yourself :)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
People were saying it was a coaching mismatch with Popovich over Billy. It didn't turn out that way. ;) Glad to see Billy do well and make another final four the NBA final four. But beating the Warriors the best shooting team ever will be asking alot. Westbrook will need to shoot better this series that's for sure and OKC will need to pound GS on the boards to have any chance. Curry and Green aren't 100% so who knows. .
The thunder are gonna wax golden state. That is a fact.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Wait, you were in HS for 5 years?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Likewise. In fact I was never really a football follower on any level until I went to UF. But I've always loved college basketball.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone ready to jump off the golden state bandwagon yet? :lol2:

OKC absolutely demolishing them. That small ball crap doesn't work against a big fast team who can also shoot.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
To have Billy D win a title would be incredible to see, but to beat the two biggest punks in the NBA, Curry and James, while doing so would be stupendous!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
To have Billy D win a title would be incredible to see, but to beat the two biggest punks in the NBA, Curry and James, while doing so would be stupendous!

Both are great people off the court and Curry is definitely not a punk in any way. James is a huge doucher on the court though

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.