Contact the UF Prez

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I urge everyone to take 5 mins and send Ben Sasse an email. Let him know how we feel. I'm sure that there will be plenty here that trash this idea and post but I contend as someone who has been in leadership positions that a volley of feedback about anything you have the ability to affect causes you to pause, take notice and consider action. I sent this just now:

Sir,

I'm sure you watched the spectacle tonight we were all forced to endure but I'm also sure you have a lot on your mind other than football so I'll be straight to the point.

Our football program is a disaster and has become a national laughing stock. We have been a complete embarrassment since our championship years with Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer. The problems we have now are systemic and go further than just the team and coaching staff. The program management from top to bottom is failing badly and it starts with the AD and who many of us believe is his advisor, the AD emeritus. Both of these individuals have made awful hire after awful hire, often times getting worse with each successor.

We are now two losing seasons in with a coach and staff who have shown no ability to develop or run the type of football program that was advertised. This year was worse than last. Discipline, accountability, fundamentals, process driven results was what was sold. We've seen none of that. The team is awful in every aspect of the game and seem to get worse as time goes on. Billy Napier has not just a losing conf record or season record for the second straight year, but he has an overall losing record and shows nothing week to week indicating he can turn things around. But maybe worse and most shocking is his seeming contentment of the teams performance week to week and flat out refusal to acknowledge how awful this team is under his leadership. Quite frankly Sir, this is the worst Florida football team and coaching staff I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. I'm 45 years old and an alum.

There needs to be drastic changes and they need to start from the top with the AD and the AD emeritus who have run our once proud program into the ground with horrific coaching hires, insane buyouts, and even more insane extensions for coaches yet to prove their worth. The AD and HC need to be removed and someone new who understands football is the golden goose that funds all other programs and is absolutely determined to win and complete for championships should be the only type AD hired to find our next coach.

In the short term I strongly urge you to start the process by removing the boat anchors currently dragging our program into the abyss. The players do not deserve this, nor do the fans and alumni. Something must be done. I know you have watched this team and feel this way. It's simply impossible not to. In the words of our "illustrious" AD emeritus, "what should be done eventually, must be done immediately."

Thank you for your time and consideration.

[email protected]

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A valiant effort. Im not convinced anyone cares sadly . At least from an email perspective.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
You will be lucky if you even get a canned generic thank you for your support reply. Unfortunately they just don’t care

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I urge everyone to take 5 mins and send Ben Sasse an email. Let him know how we feel. I'm sure that there will be plenty here that trash this idea and post but I contend as someone who has been in leadership positions that a volley of feedback about anything you have the ability to affect causes you to pause, take notice and consider action. I sent this just now:

Sir,

I'm sure you watched the spectacle tonight we were all forced to endure but I'm also sure you have a lot on your mind other than football so I'll be straight to the point.

Our football program is a disaster and has become a national laughing stock. We have been a complete embarrassment since our championship years with Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer. The problems we have now are systemic and go further than just the team and coaching staff. The program management from top to bottom is failing badly and it starts with the AD and who many of us believe is his advisor, the AD emeritus. Both of these individuals have made awful hire after awful hire, often times getting worse with each successor.

We are now two losing seasons in with a coach and staff who have shown no ability to develop or run the type of football program that was advertised. This year was worse than last. Discipline, accountability, fundamentals, process driven results was what was sold. We've seen none of that. The team is awful in every aspect of the game and seem to get worse as time goes on. Billy Napier has not just a losing conf record or season record for the second straight year, but he has an overall losing record and shows nothing week to week indicating he can turn things around. But maybe worse and most shocking is his seeming contentment of the teams performance week to week and flat out refusal to acknowledge how awful this team is under his leadership. Quite frankly Sir, this is the worst Florida football team and coaching staff I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. I'm 45 years old and an alum.

There needs to be drastic changes and they need to start from the top with the AD and the AD emeritus who have run our once proud program into the ground with horrific coaching hires, insane buyouts, and even more insane extensions for coaches yet to prove their worth. The AD and HC need to be removed and someone new who understands football is the golden goose that funds all other programs and is absolutely determined to win and complete for championships should be the only type AD hired to find our next coach.

In the short term I strongly urge you to start the process by removing the boat anchors currently dragging our program into the abyss. The players do not deserve this, nor do the fans and alumni. Something must be done. I know you have watched this team and feel this way. It's simply impossible not to. In the words of our "illustrious" AD emeritus, "what should be done eventually, must be done immediately."

[email protected]
About the corruption in the athletic department!

No way BN should have been paid what he’s been paid.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only way anything is going to change is if the big money people stop sending in money. That’s all the admin people care about. At this point they could shut down the football program and I wouldn’t give a shyt, that’s how apathetic I feel right now after the last 11 or 12 years. I don’t care anymore. Thanks Foley and Stricklin for ruining something I enjoyed.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
When was the last time Florida football lost 5 straight to finish a season? When was the last time Florida football finished under 500 to years in a row? I can’t remember it being this bad.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Sir,

[email protected]
If you have to abbreviate conference (conf) im sending it to spam

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
When was the last time Florida football lost 5 straight to finish a season? When was the last time Florida football finished under 500 to years in a row? I can’t remember it being this bad.
1945-1947 was the last time we had 3 losing seasons in a row. I’m sure @stephenPE recalls it fondly.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's the long and short of it. Sasse isn't reading fan emails.
I’m not even sure that the “big money” boosters wield much power these days. The TV revenue has caused much less need for fan support.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
1945-1947 was the last time we had 3 losing seasons in a row. I’m sure @stephenPE recalls it fondly.
my dad was 15 in 1945 so I was -10. I recall fondly SOS playing, John Reaves playing. Emmitt playing and then SOS coaching and then Urban coaching. Ive seen highs and Ive seen lows Ive seen sunny days that I thought would never end, Ive seen lonely days when I could not find a friend. But I always thought that I would see us win again...........
Won't you look down upon me, Jesus
You've got to help me make a stand
We gonna stand our ground and not back down again
We just gotta stick together in all kinds of weather for
FLORIDA

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
my dad was 15 in 1945 so I was -10. I recall fondly SOS playing, John Reaves playing. Emmitt playing and then SOS coaching and then Urban coaching. Ive seen highs and Ive seen lows Ive seen sunny days that I thought would never end, Ive seen lonely days when I could not find a friend. But I always thought that I would see us win again...........
FLORIDA
Should with stick with Napier? Do you see him ever being successful here?

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
FLORIDA
Not sure what you see in this program, and especially this particular coach to think brighter days are ahead.
Please, "Won't back down", is embarrassing for our fans to have to sit through the horrible play on the field, and "backing down" every damned week with uninspired, listless, going through the motions play. Players, that couldn't care less about the University of Florida. These guys are nothing more than mercenaries, playing for a pay check. The coaching staff seems to think players that make the same mistakes game after game still deserve to be on the field.

I get it, where you are in life right now and, I appreciate the positivity.
But, Any casual fan can easily see where we are with this coach., this staff and the entire football program.
As long as Napier is here, we will have losing seasons. That is unacceptable.

Anyone that loves this University as much as you say you do, would never accept this product.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Thanks for the idea. May not have any effect but it took no effort either. Here's my version with minor changes.

--------------------

Dear Sir,

I'm sure you watched the spectacle tonight we were all forced to endure but I'm also sure you have a lot on your mind other than football, so I'll be straight to the point.

Our football program is a disaster and has become a national laughingstock. We have been a complete embarrassment since our championship years with Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer. The problems we have now are systemic and go further than just the team and coaching staff. The program management from top to bottom is failing badly and it starts with the AD and who many of us believe is his advisor, the AD emeritus. Both individuals have made awful hire after awful hire, often times getting worse with each successor.

We are now two losing seasons in with a coach and staff who have shown no ability to develop or run the type of football program that was advertised. This year was worse than last. Discipline, accountability, fundamentals, process driven results was what was sold. We've seen none of that. The team is awful in every aspect of the game and seem to get worse as time goes on. Coach Napier has not just a losing conf record or season record for the second straight year, but he has an overall losing record and shows nothing week to week indicating he can turn things around. But maybe worse and most shocking is his seeming contentment of the team’s performance week to week and flat out refusal to acknowledge how awful this team is under his leadership. I don’t know if you have time to watch his post-game pressors, but Coach Napier is so unaffected by losing. And that undoubtedly is seen by the team. The fans and media certainly see it. Quite frankly Sir, this is the worst Florida football team and coaching staff I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. I'm 59 years old and an alum.

--------------

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not even sure that the “big money” boosters wield much power these days. The TV revenue has caused much less need for fan support.
Matthew Bingo GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator