Dabo Swinney rips call-in fan on the air

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
what gets me is how its always the phknn money when they are not doing well. Its not even real money. The program, TV, donations etc pay the salaries. I dont care what they make. Have you seen what NBA guys make now? Its not even believable. And that doesnt include outside money from commercials. Saban probably make WAY more than SOS did just on those dumazzz AFLAC ads. Winners and losers in college football. Gonna be 1 winner and the rest losers when its all over each year.

You better leave that business oriented, capitalistic type attitude home the next time you visit Satchel’s. Your liable to get pushed right out of that van.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
"Where there's an appreciation"? It won't be here.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It was you on the phone, wasn't it? That guy was damn near exactly how I imagined you are.
That one had me laughing. You inadvertently brightened my day.
Really? The dude brought titles and enormous sustained success to that program, by far the most successful coach in their history. Comparing him to Mullen is laughable.
It's fair to say he elevated the program and deserves respect, major compensation, even a statue. But he's being PAID like a coach that makes the playoffs every other year. The program is tracking down and he acted like he was above being called out. Could have waited until next season when they are mediocre again? Sure. Did the caller phrase the question well? Who cares. Did Dabo handle the call well? No, actually, he did not. The program lost coaching talent, has seen better rosters, and is not currently recruiting like a team that's going to be back in the mix soon. He's defensive for good reason.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
That fan was pretty bold to question Dabo about what they were paying him so much to do. No one I know would ever do that.

I still do not want Dabo to replace Saban. I don't even want him to replace the replacement or ever.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
so nape is getting 7 mil a year for a sunbelt title? that's good money if you can get it.
Yeah, and Mullen, Butters, and Muschamp were getting that for winning nothing. At least Billy won a conference.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, and Mullen, Butters, and Muschamp were getting that for winning nothing. At least Billy won a conference.
thats kinda my point. many of these guys are turds who are getting paid huge based on nothing but AD stupidity. but at the least, many are NOT getting paid for what theyve already done but what some hapless wonders want to believe they will do.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
thats kinda my point. many of these guys are turds who are getting paid huge based on nothing but AD stupidity. but at the least, many are NOT getting paid for what theyve already done but what some hapless wonders want to believe they will do.
It’s the current state of affairs. UF didn’t create it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
straw man, no where did anyone claim we did. its simply a point about how out of control and nonsensical things are.
I agree. I’m waiting on ESPN to pull the plug on these TV contacts, leaving the conferences scrambling for other options. THEN we’ll see these ridiculous golden parachute coaching contracts become a thing of the past.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coaching contracts are absolutely ridiculous, particularly the buyouts. Guy fails and gets fired, gets tens of millions. It's lunacy, and I'm not sure how sustainable it is.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coaching contracts are absolutely ridiculous, particularly the buyouts. Guy fails and gets fired, gets tens of millions. It's lunacy, and I'm not sure how sustainable it is.
I’d say on par with Bidenomics. With either, time will tell how much longer each is sustainable.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Again, it pays exponentially more to lose than to win. The system is effed up. At some point a school is gonna have to take a stand and have a more incentive loaded contract rather than a buyout loaded contract .

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Dabo is a F***ing baby. They're 2-4 in conference play. They suck, he sucks and the fan has the right to question him. They have a top 5 roster in all of college football. Dabo is a Fn dumb name also. Grow up Dabo. You don't want people to talk to you like a 12 yr old? Don't act like a 5 yr old throwing a fit.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Again, it pays exponentially more to lose than to win. The system is effed up. At some point a school is gonna have to take a stand and have a more incentive loaded contract rather than a buyout loaded contract .

You know how I know the system is effed up? Because t-gator is making sense. Maybe the t doesn't stand for tard after all...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I love the idea of a base salary, plus a per-game payment. You get significantly more for a win than a loss.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I love the idea of a base salary, plus a per-game payment. You get significantly more for a win than a loss.
100%.

It puts the onerous back on the coach. Let's them determine their income based primarily on performance. Any coach that isnt comfortable with that is a coach we certainly dont want. Any coach that jumps at the opportunity is the exact type we do want - confident guy who knows he's got what it takes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's all a pipe dream, because for sought-after coaches, these schools will back up the Brinks truck to land them. If they won't pay them, someone else will, so they'll give them whatever they want.

The only way it would actually change is if revenues dropped to the point where it had to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.