Dabo would have been fired at Florida

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Well in short, yes. He didn't average 8 wins because he couldn't even keep himself from a major gaffe in a press conference.

I also qualified it with averaging it over 3 years, winning 10 in year 3, and have said that off-the-field circumstances have to be considered. All things Dabo did. I'll repeat my point that if a guy puts up those records and doesn't embarrass the university with something away from football, he gets a 4th year. If you want to remove Mac as an "incomplete", that's fine. Zook and WM make my point. We may be a very demanding fan base, but we're not some outlier who routinely kicks competent coaches to the curb, which is what I took from your initial post. If I read it wrong, my apologies.
Sad. I said we are a demanding fan base. We are. I said your math was wrong. It was. I didn't say we would fire competent coaches, although it may be prudent to reserve judgment.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Get out of their way. Let them build a program. Provide the resources.
do you really think this will happen?

I mean really happen, not just a coat of paint in the locker room and enough facilties to stay out of last place (fighting Vandy).

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
You were the hundredth post! 1800 more threads like this and Ox reaches a million. I would think you would thank me! You guys need target practice to stay sharp.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
do you really think this will happen?

I mean really happen, not just a coat of paint in the locker room and enough facilties to stay out of last place (fighting Vandy).

Of course not. That’s your part of the solution on Twitter.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
My next thread is a Grantham defense for dummies topic. I’m going to coax you and Traz to explain in excruciating detail why the Gator defense I see doesn’t look anything like the internet explanations of a 3-4. Then on to offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My next thread is a Grantham defense for dummies topic. I’m going to coax you and Traz to explain in excruciating detail why the Gator defense I see doesn’t look anything like the internet explanations of a 3-4. Then on to offense.
I have no clue what his defense is.

This looks NOTHING like what he played at Ugly, which, frankly, was better, and was sort of straight NFL Sabanesque.

This 4-2-5 is Big 12 or WACish.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I have no clue what his defense is.

This looks NOTHING like what he played at Ugly, which, frankly, was better, and was sort of straight NFL Sabanesque.

This 4-2-5 is Big 12 or WACish.

Was 5-2-4 against UMsucks. Utterly baffling.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think we've been sort of forced to use this weird defense bc we have little talent or depth at LB. The LB position has been completely ignored since Meyer left.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I think we've been sort of forced to use this weird defense bc we have little talent or depth at LB. The LB position has been completely ignored since Meyer left.
Aha. Thank you. I really may start a thread to pick some brains.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's my theory too. Just no damn competent LBs.

I find Lt Raz' explanation of needing to be in nickel because of all these wild spread offenses to be incomprehensible. It's like we are watching different tv channels or something.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
While it might be a reach to say we would have fired Dabo early there is absolutely no doubt our message boards would have meltdown with negativity after the first 2 years. It would have been epic.

But of course the message boards would die anyway without the proper distribution of dumpers to pumpers. It breathes life into the board.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sad. I said we are a demanding fan base. We are. I said your math was wrong. It was. I didn't say we would fire competent coaches, although it may be prudent to reserve judgment.

You’re taking this way too hard, AR. You clearly implied that we would fire him even with win seasons, citing examples.

“No doubt UF fires him. Plenty of recent examples on this site making it clear that UF doesn't want a ten win coach.”

I stated that we’d never fired a head coach who averaged 8+ wins over three years. That’s not refutable. Your manufacturing a formula using 2.53 years doesn’t change the facts. He didn’t make it three years because of his demeanor and stupidity. And neither WM or RZ eclipsed that mark either. So given the bar that Dabo set was never reached by any of our recently dismissed coaches, there’s literally nothing to support your argument. End of discussion there.

Let’s move on. You’re clearly grumpy and we’re running in circles.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well in short, yes. He didn't average 8 wins because he couldn't even keep himself from a major gaffe in a press conference.

I also qualified it with averaging it over 3 years, winning 10 in year 3, and have said that off-the-field circumstances have to be considered. All things Dabo did. I'll repeat my point that if a guy puts up those records and doesn't embarrass the university with something away from football, he gets a 4th year. If you want to remove Mac as an "incomplete", that's fine. Zook and WM make my point. We may be a very demanding fan base, but we're not some outlier who routinely kicks competent coaches to the curb, which is what I took from your initial post. If I read it wrong, my apologies.
:owned:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Taj boyd threw for 3800 yards in 2011. We would have put up a dabo statue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.