Dan Mullen

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Burrow's ability to get it to their athletic receivers in a hurry made the blitz a non-factor. I'm sure the coaching staff will have a more sophisticated way to explain it away, but that's what I saw.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have never in my forever years as a Gator seen an LSU offense like this. For once they have a quarterback who can legitimately make plays.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I don't think 3rd down play call is on Mullen. Should have been a TD but PI isn't called and results in pick. It's difficult to call good game when you can't run up the middle at all. Wish EJ would have been in and run it but I think Mullen was trying to catch them playing the run with that pass.

4th and goal (and really 3 of 4 plays down there) I can't disagree. I wouldn't have called speed option there.

We need interior line help. Hope we recruit some this year. Without Grenard and Zuniga we don't have anything up front. Reese is useless against the pass. Only player on d that played well was CJ. Wilson and Elam gave 10 yard cushion every play. The free release opened up their offense. I was most disappointed in our d line, followed by our secondary (minus CJ). Sad performance.

Now gotta put this game in the rearview and get ready for Cocks. Don't let LSU beat us twice.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The defense can all go to hell. It was up to the offense to bail those bastards out, and Mullen let them down.

He’s officially on the hot seat and Stricklin needs to start making calls.

It came
Down to the turnover and coming up short on the last drive . Scoring north of 40 in Baton Rouge is asking a hell of a
Lot . This one is mainly on fat Todd . He’s terrible against a good passing team . Every position group on D gets a big fat F for tonight . Just dreadful

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Burrow went like 21-23 tonight, Partly because we couldn't (or wouldn't) cover a simple 5 yard crossing route.... ANd then piss poor tackling after the catch.

This one's on the D
Pick your poison.

We are horrendous in man and only terrible in zone.

Just no talent at ILB or safety.

The bad news is there's none coming either. We're going to be moving players and hope they adjust for years.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Burrow's ability to get it to their athletic receivers in a hurry made the blitz a non-factor.
We may as well have played a 5-6 defense tonight since LB play was non existent….never dropped in the passing lanes to take away the crossing patterns and never stepped into the holes to stop the rushing game before they were into our safety's grills.....take away even one of those and we win this game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have never in my forever years as a Gator seen an LSU offense like this. For once they have a quarterback who can legitimately make plays.
they've had a lot of talent thru the years, they just chose to waste it on ball-control offense, either running the option in the 90s or running Saban/Meatchiken ball later.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
Bringing Jones in in the 3rd when Trask was lighting it up ended the game right there. If I was AD, I would have pulled him into the locker room and fired him on the spot. I was so pissed I nearly threw my TV into the street.
HARSH BRO

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dunno... That Bama defense Is nowhere near as good as it has been. Its playing a ton of freshman. If burrow is as accurate as he was tonight, Bama has a hard time stopping them too.
LSUs is terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator