Dave's Not Here

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever happened to the idea of simple names? Like Larry, Don, Dick? Why does everyone now have to be Oliver, Lucas, Liam? I've never heard of a Communist named Fred. I know plenty who go by Aria.

What goes?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Whatever happened to the idea of simple names? Like Larry, Don, Dick? Why does everyone now have to be Oliver, Lucas, Liam? I've never heard of a Communist named Fred. I know plenty who go by Aria.

What goes?
I have one friend who calls me "Dick"... but when he's drunk calling, he starts by asking, "Got any cheese, Dick?" So there's your answer, buddy.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

What goes?

Well, my kids both have complicated family names, so I’m probably not the best person to chime in. But what circles are you running in that you know multiple communists, let alone “plenty” with the same name?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My kid's 11. Last birthday he was invited to included a Jaxson, a Maverick, and a Legend.

I'm not making that up.

I now know 2 boys named Maverick.

My little girl is 3. Her classmates include a Sahana (with an "n", not like the desert), an Aria, a Zahara (like the desert but with a "z"), a Maya, and an Arabella. All ending in "a".

Alex.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
My kid's 11. Last birthday he was invited to included a Jaxson, a Maverick, and a Legend.

I'm not making that up.

I now know 2 boys named Maverick.

My little girl is 3. Her classmates include a Sahana (with an "n", not like the desert), an Aria, a Zahara (like the desert but with a "z"), a Maya, and an Arabella. All ending in "a".

Alex.
I do think it is much easier for little girls to get their stage names at birth rather than having to make one up later in life.

We used to live across the street from a young lady whose parents named her "Marcedes". No idea if she ended up pole dancing for a living...but I think the odds are good she did.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I do think it is much easier for little girls to get their stage names at birth rather than having to make one up later in life.

We used to live across the street from a young lady whose parents named her "Marcedes". No idea if she ended up pole dancing for a living...but I think the odds are good she did.

That's a really ugly pole dancer.

iu

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I didn’t even know they had Section 8 out where you live. Glad you made it out of there.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
An interesting chapter in the first Freakonomics book had to do with people's names correlated with their success rate. I won't spoil it for you.

-John

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I’ve heard of three boys in a class named Jaxson, Jaxon and Jackson. Their classmate is Arson.

My mom named me something funky and I’ve hated it all my life. To go back in time I’d tell my younger self to change my name. It’s always misspelled and mispronounced. I feel so bad for these kids.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

What goes?
Lenin’s body is preserved and displayed on a mausoleum on Red Square in Moscow. The American Embassy kids used to refer to him as “Fred the dead Red.”

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I’ve heard of three boys in a class named Jaxson, Jaxon and Jackson. Their classmate is Arson.

My mom named me something funky and I’ve hated it all my life. To go back in time I’d tell my younger self to change my name. It’s always misspelled and mispronounced. I feel so bad for these kids.
Marcedes, is that you?

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018

You mean CDGator is not your real name.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Anyone ever look into the meaning of their name? :scratchhead:
often offensive : one afflicted with cretinism

informal : a stupid, vulgar, or insensitive person : CLOD, LOUT
… they started doing stupid boy stuff, like trying to untie our straps and pour sand down our bathing suits. Really, guys were such cretins

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, my kids both have complicated family names, so I’m probably not the best person to chime in. But what circles are you running in that you know multiple communists, let alone “plenty” with the same name?

I lied. I don't know any. But it sounded good, Jack.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Marcedes' parents have...

were the millers no ragrets GIF

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The names millennials are naming their kids are freaking embarrassing. There's a lot of "Mavericks" running around. Lots of Easton's, Westons. Still waiting on some northtons and southtons. Don't laugh, they're coming.

Jayden
Brayden
Jaylen
Dakota
Emerson
Lincoln
Jackson
Jaxson (yeah...)
Jace
Chase
Maverick
Easton
Weston
Jameson
Braylen
Hudson
Ryder
Crosby
Kensley

I know at least 2 kids of millennials with every one of these names. It's really bad in the baseball and football community. It just keeps getting dumber by the day.

How about a David or Jack ffs!?!?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
The names millennials are naming their kids are freaking embarrassing. There's a lot of "Mavericks" running around. Lots of Easton's, Westons. Still waiting on some northtons and southtons. Don't laugh, they're coming.

Jayden
Brayden
Jaylen
Dakota
Emerson
Lincoln
Jackson
Jaxson (yeah...)
Jace
Chase
Maverick
Easton
Weston
Jameson
Braylen
Hudson
Ryder
Crosby
Kensley

I know at least 2 kids of millennials with every one of these names. It's really bad in the baseball and football community. It just keeps getting dumber by the day.

If you know, you know... No, David!
david2.gif

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017

Jayden
Brayden
Jaylen
Dakota
Emerson
Lincoln
Jackson
Jaxson (yeah...)
Jace
Chase
Maverick
Easton
Weston
Jameson
Braylen
Hudson
Ryder
Crosby
Kensley

My grandson is Easton. Named so by his father...Landon.

Both named from hockey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator