Oct 3, 2019
Shepard’s Check is highly questionable, how did we miss this

Patrick-Toney-Headshot.png

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He's also wearing a kilt.
A Scotsman in full regalia was walking down the street one day and a young lady stopped him and asked, “Excuse me, sir, but I’m curious; is anything worn underneath your kilt?” Smiling in reply, the Scotsman replied, “No ma’am; it’s all in good working order!”

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

I hear ya but I'm not giving up on him yet. The guy's started in 8 games.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You might be right. Or does he get comfortable turning his back? Would it not be easier to work on the pistol all summer?

The same with Napier. Do you wait until the players fit the scheme? Or scheme to fit the players?

If the former, then play the players that fit and take your lumps as a learning experience.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Among a lot of other things, I hope BN steps away from the play calling this off season.

He and his staff are lousy at half-time adjustments and clock management. Also some real real head scratchers in play calling. He's not dumb. I think he's got to many pokers in the fire.

Once he gets the Program fixed ( 2-3 solid classes, stench of Foley/Mullen out of the offices, solid teaching, STs, weight room etc) THEN go back to play calling (it seems he likes it).

He has some learning to do as the HC at a place like UF.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Could Toney coach up these guys any more. I think he's doing the best he can.

If this is his best, that’s the problem.
There's not much more you can do with Defense until it gets a complete overhaul of players.
We are dead last in third down defense and in the 100’s overall. It would be nearly impossible for him NOT to be able to do much more and right now.

The suggestion that the starters are young is really misleading due to Covid. We start what is traditionally 10 juniors and seniors if not for the Covid season. If you count Dez as a starter, it is 9.

This is another narrative to excuse the awful defense that is somehow worse than Grantham’s defenses, which I did not think was possible at UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator