DC Patrick Toney & the Defense

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Isn’t one of the Oline coaches cooc? Yeah that ain’t working.
Napier ain’t giving up play calling. He’s said that’s why he’s a coach. But he needs someone with outside ideas. Somebody to challenge him. But this is where coaches are stubborn. Let’s hope Napier does the self evaluation to realize he needs help.
But
I’m too concerned the defense to worry about the offense.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
How folks can excuse this is beyond me. Reminds of the Mac apologists. You can like Napier and still admit there's no excuse for this abortion of a defense.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
How folks can excuse this is beyond me. Reminds of the Mac apologists. You can like Napier and still admit there's no excuse for this abortion of a defense.
Toney seems like a pile of bullshirt. If I'm a DB I run from that disaster. How we have a shot at Cormani plus a large group of talented DBs is beyond me. It's possible our secondary essentially atrophied under sMullen and that's part of the issue. It's also remotely possible the staff wants to tank this year to attract better players, but that's probably wishful thinking.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I listen to this guy as he's a regular on podcasts, his article (Free Site). He gives a good perspective on our D and what we should expect. I don't think that Toney is purposely tanking but he dives into exactly what we are dealing with and how other SEC schools have done the same. Tends to lend perspective on the trajectory of the program. BUT, Toney has to improve, no doubt.

Time to pull the plug? - Read & Reaction

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I listen to this guy as he's a regular on podcasts, his article (Free Site). He gives a good perspective on our D and what we should expect. I don't think that Toney is purposely tanking but he dives into exactly what we are dealing with and how other SEC schools have done the same. Tends to lend perspective on the trajectory of the program. BUT, Toney has to improve, no doubt.

Time to pull the plug? - Read & Reaction
No no I'm sure it's hopeless and the only solution is to fire errybody and start over...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What’s his twitter handle?
@fluffydonkeysarefuntocuddle

pets add GIF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Perhaps if the coach wasn't trying to throttle him back to cover for one of the least talented defenses in P5 football.....:rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.