Jul 29, 2014
KY, Mizzou, LSU, UTAH, Rajun Cajuns

Illinois Football Sport GIF by Fighting Illini Athletics

Looks like you forgot someone....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
In our current situation it would be better to run time off the clock because these guys just give it back even faster....Why do you think we run so often on 1st down? Of course an expert like you knows that statistically it burns more clock, right Corky?

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Except you're doing gymnastics again, moron....no one is talking about who's running the ball to protect one of the least talented defenses in P5....just that the coaches are smart enough to know they need to do it....

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We should play Man D and let the chips fall. That's your guy, cover him and blitz.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I listen to this guy as he's a regular on podcasts, his article (Free Site). He gives a good perspective on our D and what we should expect. I don't think that Toney is purposely tanking but he dives into exactly what we are dealing with and how other SEC schools have done the same. Tends to lend perspective on the trajectory of the program. BUT, Toney has to improve, no doubt.

Time to pull the plug? - Read & Reaction

He’s right. He’s always right.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
What I got from that was that bottom line is talent. Toney isn’t a great DC but he doesn’t have to be as long as he brings in talent like he has. Lots of examples of 2nd year improvements so keep calm and carry on.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
What I got from that was that bottom line is talent. Toney isn’t a great DC but he doesn’t have to be as long as he brings in talent like he has. Lots of examples of 2nd year improvements so keep calm and carry on.
Calm Down Chill Out GIF by FOX TV

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
So he needs to be a great DC

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator