Del Rio out with Shoulder Injury - Appleby to start against USC

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
It's a sad statement when you can't tell if your QB has a bad shoulder (or should we call it the ol' hee haw chicken wing) or not since his arm is a noodle even when healthy.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
It's been a noodle all season though. It also doesn't excuse his decision making or lack thereof.
Absolutely. This wreaks of a cover up. I'm guessing this has nothing to do with an injury. Pretty sure Luke got salty once he was told he wasn't starting next week. The injury angle is just convenient.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Who else thinks Jack Del Rio will be storming angrily into Mac's office this week?

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Cover-up? Injury hidden? Poor performance? To channel my inner Hillary, "What difference does it make?"

Arkansas is not on the rest of the Gators' schedule. IMHO, LDR will never play another down for Florida. Even if he's available for LSU, he is too fragile (knee and shoulder) to handle the Tiger defense. Mac will rely on Appleby and the 2 frosh from here on out including FSU, SECCG, and the bowl game.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Since Tebow is a bad example, what about Kerwin Bell, Bell limped on the field against Auburn. Everyone staff, fans, etc.. knew he wasn't 100%, probably not 50%. But he went out and gave it his all for the Gators. Watch that game sometime, and against a really good Auburn defense that year. Bell had one wheel, but at the end of the day ran in the game winning score.

I bet the coaching staff knew he was injured when he went out there and if he went out and stunk, I bet they would have pulled him, especially knowing he was hurt.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I bet the coaching staff knew he was injured when he went out there and if he went out and stunk, I bet they would have pulled him, especially knowing he was hurt.

Well his replacement fumble about every third snap, or at least if seemed that way.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Worse?!!. We scored 3 pts on the worse D in the SEC. So explain worse?
Treon vs FSU was worse for starters. It's also hard to overlook Appleby's performance vs UT in the 2nd half and vs Vandy compared to what he did in the 1st half against UT.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I won't argue with that...hell, they're not smart enough to change formations or call different plays and use different players when the ones they're using aren't and haven't been working for half the season.
Nusschamp's plays haven't been working for much longer than that.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Nusschamp's plays haven't been working for much longer than that.

Gotta be fair here. If we had a QB that didnt back peddle 30 yds and throw behind and way short passes and didnt throw into double and triple coverage off of his back foot, we had plenty of open receivers that if given the chance to catch the ball could likely had scored 2-3 times. Our guys are still managing to get open quite a bit, not always but enough that a QB could move the ball if they could actually throw it.

g8torfan

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
No it doesn't. It gets worse with Applesauce.
Is it really possible to get worse with Applesauce? After LDR I think my out of shape, fat, 55 year old a** would be an improvement, as long as they would let me have a cigarette when our defense was on the field...
It's amateur hour in Gainesville folks...amateur hour.

Del Rio is a selfish punk. Tell the staff you are hurt. On the flip side our staff is too stupid to know he's hurt.

Fire them all now. These guys do not deserve the orange and blue.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In my opinion, it doesn't matter what LDR said to the Coaches. The Coaches know more about what he can or can't do than anyone. How many assistants were watching every move LDR made and they know when he's right or not. Not taking him out is on the Coaches and Mac is responsible for everything.... He is the CEO of the Football Team and he has failed on many levels. Whoever said Mac has problems making decisions hit the nail squarely on the head!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Treon vs FSU was worse for starters. It's also hard to overlook Appleby's performance vs UT in the 2nd half and vs Vandy compared to what he did in the 1st half against UT.
Driskel scored 17 for Miami. Hard to top that.

Gatorsko

Nov 6, 2016
You play a frosh there's no going back. Gotta stick with him no matter what happens.
Thank God. I hope Coach Mac start a Frosh instead of Appleby. I say.... to hell with trying to win the east. We have to get the guys ready for next year. I'd rather lose to Muschamp, LSU, FSU, with our freshman playing the best defenses....we can find out if they have that IT factor. We can see what they're made of.

If we lose but our freshman looks promising, then that's a win... Especially in recruiting. If we win, then that's a bonus. If Coach Mac wants a big crowd on senior day... Announce a freshman starter midweek.

Grow some balls Coach MAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.