DFS Suspended Indefinitely

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gee I bet the football team has a couple of spare scollys they could offer up.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n180329 said:
So Ken Pomeroy thinks we are the 31st best team in the country. That's just crazy. https://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12349322&ex_cid=espnapi_public

When you consider we've had 7 losses by 3 points or less, and then another loss at Kansas in which we were winning by 18 in the 2nd half, it's not a terrible assumption to make that we're a lot better than our record indicates. We just can't close games, we're a 36-minute basketball team.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n180359 said:
When you consider we've had 7 losses by 3 points or less, and then another loss at Kansas in which we were winning by 18 in the 2nd half, it's not a terrible assumption to make that we're a lot better than our record indicates. We just can't close games, we're a 39-minute and 30 second basketball team.

FIFY

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n180355 said:
Gee I bet the football team has a couple of spare scollys they could offer up.

Interesting idea. The rule is that if you have a guy playing both basketball and football his scholarship counts against football. I don't know that any of our guys could even pretend to be football players.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n179970 said:
What a loser. He's only hurting his chances to make it in the NBA. This season is already a loss so sit the asshat until he either figures it out, transfers, or declares early.

The guy was on the SEC academic honor roll last season, so calling him a "loser" might be a little harsh. The bottom line is that Donovan requires a high level of commitment from his players and not everyone is willing to meet that standard. We've had plenty of players transfer out and have success elsewhere. He just needs to decide if Donovan's demands are something he's willing to accept.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks to all who spoke positively about next year's team. You turned a drab thread for the better.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n180431 said:
A difficult feat considering the strenuous class load in the family, youth, and community science major. I can't wait for a guy like DFS to teach the young the art of quitting. Jameis Winston and Aaron Hernandez have made that list as well.

Do you think he'd be pulling this crap if we were winning? I think not, which is why I have a major problem with his attitude.

Do we even know what he did that was a "violation of team rules?" Seems a bit harsh to group him in with a rapist and a murderer.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n180456 said:
Seems pretty clear to me...

"Finney-Smith's suspension stems from decisions that showed a lack of commitment to the team."
Rape and murder show a lack of commitment to the team, among other things, you're right about that. I'm surprised Billy's let him be on the loose. Any word on who he raped and murdered? And the fact that this idiot didn't choose neuroscience as his major makes me want to pillory him even more. Good post CapitalGator. No...GREAT, post!

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jameis Winston and Aaron Hernandez are not "losers" because they were suspended from their teams, (both were at some point). They are "losers" because they raped and murdered people.

I get that you're bitter about the season, but there are plenty of additional people to blame for that who are not named Dorian Finney-Smith. Suggesting that he's a "loser" or an "asshat" without any knowledge of the situation is kind of ridiculous. I guess we should view Wilbekin, Spikes, Zach Hodskins, etc, etc, as losers and asshats all, and lump them in with rapists and murderers for good measure.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
DFS misbehaved, responded wrongly by Donovan's standards. We saw it happen with Welbekin and we still know
nothing of those exact reason(s) from a year ago ?

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n180499 said:
Jameis Winston and Aaron Hernandez are not "losers" because they were suspended from their teams, (both were at some point). They are "losers" because they raped and murdered people.

I get that you're bitter about the season, but there are plenty of additional people to blame for that who are not named Dorian Finney-Smith. Suggesting that he's a "loser" or an "asshat" without any knowledge of the situation is kind of ridiculous. I guess we should view Wilbekin, Spikes, Zach Hodskins, etc, etc, as losers and asshats all, and lump them in with rapists and murderers for good measure.

I don't care one way or another about this season as I understand we aren't going to win the NC or even make the tourney year in/year out. What I am fired up about are entitled athlete's who pansy out when the going gets tough. DFS needs to sack up and help his teammates when they need him most. As I say again, if we were winning, I guarantee he would be putting forth much more effort.

You brought up the Academic Honor roll like it was a reflection of character and I simply disproved this assertion by pointing out that rapists and murders grace that same list. Feel free to continue to interpret that as you choose and in such dramatic fashion.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I have no idea what DFS did, but as frustrated as Billy is with this team I can imagine him asking Do-Do as an upperclassman and the best player to take on a larger leadership role to help the young lost boys figure out what the hell is wrong with them and DFS refused. Billy interprets this as insubordination or not being a team player and tells him to take some time off and think about it. That sure as heck doesn't make him a loser. He might just be a guy that doesn't want to be in that kind of role. So unless you know what is going on I'd refrain from throwing people under the bus so easily.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'm with GatorTag. This team needs leadership badly and DFS may have not been acting like the leader he should be especially with MFII injured.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
DFS has been a solid kid since he's been a Gator. I've personally watched him take time out to sign autographs and take pictures with each and every kid that approached him during the SEC tourney on several occasions. As already mentioned, it appears he is a good student, as well. I don't think any of us know exactly what the suspension was for, so calling him a loser is a bit much. Then again...consider the source.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n180644 said:
DFS has been a solid kid since he's been a Gator. I've personally watched him take time out to sign autographs and take pictures with each and every kid that approached him during the SEC tourney on several occasions. As already mentioned, it appears he is a good student, as well. I don't think any of us know exactly what the suspension was for, so calling him a loser is a bit much. Then again...consider the source.

My guess is the suspension is for some type of test but maybe I am wrong on that.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
PastyStoole;n180396 said:
The guy was on the SEC academic honor roll last season, so calling him a "loser" might be a little harsh. The bottom line is that Donovan requires a high level of commitment from his players and not everyone is willing to meet that standard. We've had plenty of players transfer out and have success elsewhere. He just needs to decide if Donovan's demands are something he's willing to accept.
PS gets it. Calling a kid that leads the team in scoring and has to play multiple positions and had to follow arguably the best team UF ever fielded without NBA talent a loser is asinine. If my kid made it to this level with this success loser is the last thing I would imagine to call him. BD has very high standards. It is why his teams are usually bad ass and can beat teams with much more talent. This year is a clstrfk for many reason. I have stated them more than few times. IF this team suddenly becomes a target for the haters like the FB team did I will comment more often. Keep explaining it to them Pasty. Butt hurt does not mean we have losers on our team. Good times do not last forever but they can return quickly.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I don't care one way or another about this season as I understand we aren't going to win the NC or even make the tourney year in/year out. What I am fired up about are entitled athlete's who pansy out when the going gets tough. DFS needs to sack up and help his teammates when they need him most. As I say again, if we were winning, I guarantee he would be putting forth much more effort.

You brought up the Academic Honor roll like it was a reflection of character and I simply disproved this assertion by pointing out that rapists and murders grace that same list. Feel free to continue to interpret that as you choose and in such dramatic fashion.
You havent proved sh#t except you called a decent kid a loser. You dont know him or any of the other kids on this team. You just know they are getting beaten most games. And you do not even care about this season (your words). But you do have the right to come in here and have your say. ANd we do too. btw Kids that play a major college sport and make the honor roll are doing something right. You might not call it character but it is related to that. ANd for you to even compare this kid to a POS like Aaron H is pathetic. Your knowledge about effort in a game like basketball is obvious. His stat line says a lot about his effort. His team mates attitude says more. Kareem A Jabbar was accused of being a slacker because he was so deliberate and did not get fired up much. Then again his stats and rings proved he was great. Trash my favorite team and players and I will reply. Better yet join the thousands of noles dogs and canes doing it and feel vindicated. Have a nice day.........

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well DFS is the MVP of this team.(Shows how no-nonsense Donovan can be.) Hope this clash works as well as
Welbekin's showdown. I also think DFS would have much better playing stats were he surrounded with a bit more
talent. IMO, nobody can pick out why these boys don't gel - even Donovan is blocked on that.

I hope DFS gets back next year when he has Ebugnu to play off of. The "Capital E" will improve several players,
DFS & Robinson come to mind. 2015 is just an extra bad year that no single player can break loose on. I do &will
watch every game even if only to root against Gator Bait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator