DFS Suspended Indefinitely

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n180801 said:
Well DFS is the MVP of this team.(Shows how no-nonsense Donovan can be.) Hope this clash works as well as
Welbekin's showdown. I also think DFS would have much better playing stats were he surrounded with a bit more
talent. IMO, nobody can pick out why these boys don't gel - even Donovan is blocked on that.

I hope DFS gets back next year when he has Ebugnu to play off of. The "Capital E" will improve several players,
DFS & Robinson come to mind. 2015 is just an extra bad year that no single player can break loose on. I do &will
watch every game even if only to root against Gator Bait.

Were Wilbekin's suspensions mostly for suspected DTs or were they for other things mostly? I don't remember.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just passed explosive wind all over this thread. :fart:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fever, all I remember was that Donovan supposedly told him to get straight or transfer to another school.
He got straight & earned the right to play on Donovan's team.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
oxrageous;n180815 said:
MY apologies Ox. You know us old @&$^#s cannot help ourselves...........But passing explosive air is not one of our problems.......in fact I guess that is what I did so early this morning in here.....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n180815 said:

stinky-smelly-moisture-wicking-underwear.jpg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
CapitalGator02;n180918 said:
Haven't taken the missus to Pound Town in a while, eh?
AS a matter of fact Friday nite..............but seriously, if you want to call my team/players/coach losers prepare for keyboard/cyber retaliation...............

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
RebelGator;n181081 said:
I knew you had a purpose.
How can you not love this guy? Its like little tiny doses of lmao once in awhile.......

You must be at least a level 14 Gator fan. Or Jeremy Foley for that matter, considering you call them "my" team. How about you stop hiring dipsh!t coaches and paying the 50 times what their worth!? kthx
Back for some more? I guess the difference between you and JF is that nationally he is acknowledged as one of the top AD's in the country by people that know and understand collegiate sports at the highest level and then we have you who.................what is it you do again besides spread your hate and complete understanding of gator sports in your uplifting style. Wait , I got it, Law has an alias now.......I'm telling you they will embrace your pathos and "love" for the gators at whorechant and dogpound or one of those other gatorhater sites........
Mike's Hard Lemonade can be your friend, friend,

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well Gee we don't know much about this issue. We know that coach sees it as a reflection of "lack of commitment" which could mean almost anything. He also indicates that he is a "good kid". So that limits the badness that the act (whatever it really is) to not felonies or other criminal acts. Now I bet there is a process to get him back to playing and we just will have to wait until it is complete.

I bet someone knows but perhaps nobody who will talk which is probably best.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Whoa whoa whoa, you really crossed the line comparing me to Law. That stung deep!
I am still laughing. It is all good. Strangely enough, I like Law.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n180284 said:
Maybe this will light a fire under the team so they will play better. Help build something for next year now.

Guess not. :facepalm:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, this whole thing has turned into a pissing match over DFS's character. Is he a good guy or the "total loser asshat" that CapitalGator asserts he is? The only things we know for sure are the following:

1) Billy Donovan asserts that he's a good kid.
2) He made academic honor roll, (thus eliminating grades as an issue).
3) Like Wilbekin and many others before him, he's been suspended for not meeting BD commitment standards.
4) He apparently banged CapitalGator's mother then never called her, (thus leading to CGs crusade to smear him).

So where do we side here? Do we go with Donovan, who's spent the last couple of years with him every day, or with CapitalGator who's gut feeling that DFS is a "total loser asshat" is scrong and needs to be recognized? Or is there a middle ground here that allows us to acknowledge that we don't know about the kid's character, and perhaps withholding judgement would be prudent?

Personally, I'm siding with CapitalGator, as I trust his gut instinct. And I'm willing to stand with him on his crusade even if it makes me look bad in the process.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n181337 said:
Guys, this whole thing has turned into a pissing match over DFS's character. Is he a good guy or the "total loser asshat" that CapitalGator asserts he is? The only things we know for sure are the following:

1) Billy Donovan asserts that he's a good kid.
2) He made academic honor roll, (thus eliminating grades as an issue).
3) Like Wilbekin and many others before him, he's been suspended for not meeting BD commitment standards.
4) He apparently banged CapitalGator's mother then never called her, (thus leading to CGs crusade to smear him).

So where do we side here? Do we go with Donovan, who's spent the last couple of years with him every day, or with CapitalGator who's gut feeling that DFS is a "total loser asshat" is scrong and needs to be recognized? Or is there a middle ground here that allows us to acknowledge that we don't know about the kid's character, and perhaps withholding judgement would be prudent?

Personally, I'm siding with CapitalGator, as I trust his gut instinct. And I'm willing to stand with him on his crusade even if it makes me look bad in the process.

:lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n181364 said:
I do find it ironic though, that a player like Jeff Driskel, by all accounts is a great kid that busted his balls for one of the worst coaches in the history of the planet, never quit trying no matter the circumstances, but he got crucified and name-called anything imaginable on this site. DFS get's a pass though because he has a decent stat line and made the honor roll.

The point now is how DFS responds when he's reinstated. He has a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from one of the best coaches in the game which could set himself up for a long career in the NBA.

Loser

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n181364 said:
I do find it ironic though, that a player like Jeff Driskel, by all accounts is a great kid that busted his balls for one of the worst coaches in the history of the planet, never quit trying no matter the circumstances, but he got crucified and name-called anything imaginable on this site. DFS get's a pass though because he has a decent stat line and made the honor roll.

The point now is how DFS responds when he's reinstated. He has a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from one of the best coaches in the game which could set himself up for a long career in the NBA.

NBA? He might play overseas somewhere but DFS isn't sniffing the NBA. Walker has a much better shot.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n181393 said:
NBA? He might play overseas somewhere but DFS isn't sniffing the NBA. Walker has a much better shot.

While Walker might have a better shot, I bet DFS gets a shot and with his ability can be a success with the right team. He surely will have opportunities overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator