Dinner time

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Does BBQ sauce on burgers and such effect the seasoning of the Blackstone griddles? Hurt or help?
No idea - we’ve done a teriyaki sauce which is similar and it cleaned off fine and we didn’t notice it the next time we cooked. You might wait until the end to add it as the sugar might burn.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
upload_2020-8-4_19-19-33.jpeg upload_2020-8-4_19-17-18.jpeg

I started some chicken thighs in the bath yesterday afternoon, got caught up with the neighbors who were in the keys for a week and we ended up eating with them instead. Put thighs in the fridge uncovered when we got home last night. took them from the fridge around 4 or so this afternoon to not be super cold, stuck them in the over for 15 minutes under the taters to heat up then 3 min on broil. skin was great. Not quite the first chip from a lays bag but the second crunch on that first chip...

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
@heavychevy or @CDGator What do I have to do to season it?
Crank it.
Get a big jug of oil, doesn’t really matter the type.
Poor some oil on it, enough to spread a decent, even coat everywhere with a paper towel - use a mitt or ovglove
Wait till it quits smoking
Repeat 4 or 5 times

some people say let it cool between smoke clearing and firing it back up, doesn’t really matter imo

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Ribeye hour and a half on Traeger then to the cast iron

Dat red doe

hard to go wrong w reverse sear and a thick ribeye.

side note, my buddy puts foil on the distribution plate on his pellet job. he’s deathly afraid of fire though. idk if it makes a difference but he says it’s damn sure easier to keep it clean

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Nv (well all you fuchs with a flatter) grab one of your wife’s glass containers with a lid and keep it specifically for bacon grease.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wife and kids prepared a birthday meal at the lake after work today. Some shrimp for starters...

B9467F92-6316-4C2E-9921-66B627FA9091.jpeg

Main course of Ribeye on the flattop (son cooked them to a perfect medium rare), asparagus, and daughter’s scalloped potatoes...

05AC5CB0-6437-4E1E-BB0A-8495F052F498.jpeg

Birthday dessert was a Coca-Cola cake, chocolate with pecans...

A855106C-C9AE-4B9A-A7B6-07683C3940B4.jpeg

flg8rfan

Nov 28, 2018
If you’re near a tractor supply or something similar, they sell propane by the gallon for a tad over $2/gal. Little less expensive than swapping tanks. filled 2 up and topped one off for $27 or so a few weeks ago, I think Publix wants $19 for an exchange.
Edit; didn’t really answer your question. it’s a regulator issue. not sure if the bigger tanks send at a higher psi than the smaller ones or what. the 22’s regulator would malfunction I’m assuming thinking gas was leaking and only flow to the point that there was barely flame at all. Never had a problem when I used the small green camping tanks, but about every other big tank I put on it would trip it and I’d spend half an hour trying to trick the regulator. there’s ways to reset it, sometimes they worked, sometimes they didn’t. Never had an issue on the 36 though. I would move it off the porch when it comes time to season. they put off a LOT of heat.

I used to do tank swaps until no one near it had any. I took my four mostly empty tanks to TSC and it was about $30 to fill them all (and I think they were much heavier than the typical trade in tank).

I don’t do tanks swaps any more unless I have a bad tank.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I think you only get 15lbs in the exchange tanks due to transport safety. Definitely heavier when filled at Ace

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
My dad gave me two aluminum RV tanks a few years ago. Those hold much more than the "retail" lp tanks. They also technically never expire since aluminum doesn't rust like steel does.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Wife and kids prepared a birthday meal at the lake after work today. Some shrimp for starters...

Main course of Ribeye on the flattop (son cooked them to a perfect medium rare), asparagus, and daughter’s scalloped potatoes...

Birthday dessert was a Coca-Cola cake, chocolate with pecans...

It all looks good but I have to admit that the cake looks more like a dish of baked beans :lol2:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It all looks good but I have to admit that the cake looks more like a dish of baked beans :lol2:
Hilarious! That’s the same thing my son’s GF said when she walked in. It’s really a good cake, but my wife is a little heavy-handed with the pecans!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hilarious! That’s the same thing my son’s GF said when she walked in. It’s really a good cake, but my wife is a little heavy-handed with the pecans!
Shut your mouth!
There’s no such thing as too many pecans on anything.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.