Dinner time

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good to know that you liked it. Would you and @NVGator recommend it as a gift?
Definitely. I’ve hooked both my children up with the free invite and have ordered three new meals. Very impressed with the quality of all the food that was sent. Really good for us empty nesters, but I wouldn’t rule out getting a meal for four.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Those are brand new commercial pans. When my sons played high school football, they sold the hell out of them as a fundraiser.

Have the same pans, just 20 years of abuse :)

Damn handy things! And the pizza pan pliers work great for yanking them out of the oven or grill

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Homemade chicken pot pie, fried squash, and pear salads for the evening meal...

7AA4B5D1-CE9E-4023-8D64-E746293721F9.jpeg

D6C380C8-265F-453B-B2AB-A7BC57F20AB2.jpeg

158F03E4-BAD0-4C27-BAFC-A3BBE722A2FF.jpeg

Wife makes a good pot pie. We fry the squash fingers in vegetable oil so they’re better for you ;)
Pear salads are something we’ve had for years. Doesn’t take a lot of time. That’s what works for us during the week.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Homemade chicken pot pie, fried squash, and pear salads for the evening meal...

Wife makes a good pot pie. We fry the squash fingers in vegetable oil so they’re better for you ;)
Pear salads are something we’ve had for years. Doesn’t take a lot of time. That’s what works for us during the week.

Pot pie & Squash fingers look good. Pear half’s just brought PTSD to me. As a kid I was forced to eat those damn pear half and cheese with a cherry. IIRC they had mayo on them as well. I’m ready to barf in my mouth right now. I’d rather prep for my next colonoscopy.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pot pie & Squash fingers look good. Pear half’s just brought PTSD to me. As a kid I was forced to eat those damn pear half and cheese with a cherry. IIRC they had mayo on them as well. I’m ready to barf in my mouth right now. I’d rather prep for my next colonoscopy.
:) The pear salads are for the grown ups! I wasn’t real wild about them when I was a kid, but eventually grew to like them. Sounds like the mayonnaise isn’t your favorite. I’ve got a buddy my age that still gets nauseous around mayo. Only time I don’t like it is if we get a fast food burger that is swimming in it. Hence, one of the reasons. we don’t do fast food. Personally, I can’t stand Miracle Whip. Too sweet for my palate.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:) The pear salads are for the grown ups! I wasn’t real wild about them when I was a kid, but eventually grew to like them. Sounds like the mayonnaise isn’t your favorite. I’ve got a buddy my age that still gets nauseous around mayo. Only time I don’t like it is if we get a fast food burger that is swimming in it. Hence, one of the reasons. we don’t do fast food. Personally, I can’t stand Miracle Whip. Too sweet for my palate.
I love mayonnaise. I can eat it straight from the jar. Don’t like pears. Never have and still don’t today. I don’t like their texture. We’ll get a box of Harry and David’s with pears for Christmas randomly and my wife will eat the pears. She loves them.

I hate Miracle Whip. Barf.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Funny - same experience as a kid with the pears and similar thoughts went through my mind. :lol:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I love mayonnaise. I can eat it straight from the jar. Don’t like pears. Never have and still don’t today. I don’t like their texture. We’ll get a box of Harry and David’s with pears for Christmas randomly and my wife will eat the pears. She loves them.

I hate Miracle Whip. Barf.
I’m totally with you on pears and miracle whip.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Pears are better than peaches...and miracle whip is nasty...my dad put it on his fried bologna...I used mustard cause I’m not a psychopath

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hear people talk about fried bologna all the time, but we only ate it as cold cuts on a sandwich (absolutely no Miracle Whip) or as a slab with hoop cheese and soda crackers when we went fishing. About every little country store when I was coming along had a counter with hoop cheese and a tube of bologna you bought by weight. The cheese was usually room temp and the oil risen on the top. They’d give you a little sack of soda crackers if you bought enough of the others. It was a good meal on a boat seat with a bottle of Coca-Cola.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hear people talk about fried bologna all the time, but we only ate it as cold cuts on a sandwich (absolutely no Miracle Whip) or as a slab with hoop cheese and soda crackers when we went fishing. About every little country store when I was coming along had a counter with hoop cheese and a tube of bologna you bought by weight. The cheese was usually room temp and the oil risen on the top. They’d give you a little sack of soda crackers if you bought enough of the others. It was a good meal on a boat seat with a bottle of Coca-Cola.
We didn’t have fried bologna, just cold with mayo and cheese singles. We did have Head cheese though. Still, no miracle whip.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@NVGator -I see you been workin on your grill marks. And the apples look good. I got a big bag of pears outta Ga last year and made some pretty good hand pies and a cobbler. When I moved stuff outta the old Sadsung yesterday I found some of the pears I cooked in the bottom of the freezer so I may make a pie next week.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@NVGator -I see you been workin on your grill marks. And the apples look good. I got a big bag of pears outta Ga last year and made some pretty good hand pies and a cobbler. When I moved stuff outta the old Sadsung yesterday I found some of the pears I cooked in the bottom of the freezer so I may make a pie next week.
I’m perdy good with the grill marks. You can shove you pears up you know where unless you want to send my wife some. She’ll love you long time for them.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Pears are better than peaches...and miracle whip is nasty...my dad put it on his fried bologna...I used mustard cause I’m not a psychopath
I had never heard of fried bologna until I moved to Memphis. I finally tried it after a whole lot of urging from some locals. Can't say I was very impressed. The place I tried it at had a mustard based BBQ sauce that I put on the bologna. The sauce ended up being the best part of the sandwich.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Fried bologna is really good if done well...I’ve never heard of BBQ sauce on it though

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
You guys are killing me. You sound like you grew up in my house with fried bologna and miracle whip. My mom would boil hot dogs too. She must have fed me one as a 3 year old and I gagged because I don’t recall ever eating a hot dog in my life before. I don’t do bologna, Vienna sausage or miracle whip either. :lol:

my brother ate “snow meat” sandwiches all the time. Bread and miracle whip only. Sometimes mom would add bananas to it.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Breakfast is important too.

Country ham, sausage, buttermilk biscuits made with rendered bacon fat.
20201113_100715.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator