Driskel on Muschamp's offensive strategy

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-uf-jim-mcilwain-mike-bianchi-0827-column.html

"At times, you can only do what the coaching staff asked you do,” said Driskel, the Hagerty High product who has since transferred to Louisiana Tech. “At times, we were asked to play conservatively and control the time of possession. I don't think it was a lack of talent. At times, it was lack of executing plays and at times it was lack of playcalling. There were times when we just wanted to punt the ball and get [the opponent] inside their 10-yard line."

Driskel's play aside that is very telling and just confirms what most of us were thinking those years. :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is so sad. I'm generally a fan of Foley, but have no defense for his decision to keep WM after 2013. If kids are aware of this extremely flawed approach, I find it hard to believe it wasn't widely known. How can anyone honestly feel that such incompetency would ever produce results. It's absurd.

I don't think JD was ever going to be great, and I was ready to see him replaced long ago. But I do wish him the best at LaTech. I can only imagine the absolute hell of dealing with the previous staff. None of those kids deserved that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At times, it was lack of executing plays and at times it was lack of playcalling. [/quote]

Much more than at times for these two items. The play calling and execution were horrible for most of the last 4 years.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;268704 said:
This is so sad. I'm generally a fan of Foley, but have no defense for his decision to keep WM after 2013. If kids are aware of this extremely flawed approach, I find it hard to believe it wasn't widely known. How can anyone honestly feel that such incompetency would ever produce results. It's absurd.

I don't think JD was ever going to be great, and I was ready to see him replaced long ago. But I do wish him the best at LaTech. I can only imagine the absolute hell of dealing with the previous staff. None of those kids deserved that.

This +1000

I'm so glad that that dumpster fire is gone. I hate Muschamp.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n268704 said:

Don't forget a fan base that blamed him for everything even when he wasn't on the field. Driskel was never an SEC quarterback, but he was blamed for things that were not even on him.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
TheDouglas78;n268710 said:
Don't forget a fan base that blamed him for everything even when he wasn't on the field. Driskel was never an SEC quarterback, but he was blamed for things that were not even on him.
Thanks Bro!
jeff-driskel-scooter-jorts-florida.png

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Playcalling or execution? Any play will work if it is executed. But hell sometimes you have to call a play that the players want to execute. Sometimes.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Well if you read this article that came out today you will see that our receivers are saying they are actually running routes. Even ones that don't involve blocking. :eek:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That quote by Driskel is amazing. Sometimes they just wanted to punt and get the team inside the 10 yard line? WHAT! You never should "want" to punt. If you are big on time of posession you should want to keep the ball. I think WM is such a defensive guy that he wishes his team could play D all game long because he just dislikes coaching offense.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Muschamp's ineptitude as a head coach here would make a great 30 for 30 documentary.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n268731 said:
Well if you read this article that came out today you will see that our receivers are saying they are actually running routes. Even ones that don't involve blocking. :eek:

I believe one of the lines during ESPN breakdown of UF team was 8 receiver coaches in 8 years. That is pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.