Durant to Golden State

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And I'm waiting for all the Durant haters to surface since he signed with the loaded team simply trying to get himself a ring instead of being loyal and being a leader ala Jordan, bird, etc.

When Lebron did that everyone dumped on him (and still do). Let's see how many hypocrites we have around here...
What Durant did is way worse than LeBron imo. There was still the big 3 in Boston and the west had some championship caliber teams. Durant is coward in my oppinion. His team was one win away from the championship game and him leaving causes a huge power shift in the west. LeBron had to leave Cleveland to win a championship Durant could have won in okc but is obviously backing down from the challenge. The playoffs are gonna suck balls next year.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What Durant did is way worse than LeBron imo. There was still the big 3 in Boston and the west had some championship caliber teams. Durant is coward in my oppinion. His team was one win away from the championship game and him leaving causes a huge power shift in the west. LeBron had to leave Cleveland to win a championship Durant could have won in okc but is obviously backing down from the challenge. The playoffs are gonna suck balls next year.
The playoffs sucked balls this year, and Durant is doing the exact same thing Lebron has done twice now.

The blame for all of this is the NBA's awful collective bargaining agreement.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The playoffs sucked balls this year, and Durant is doing the exact same thing Lebron has done twice now.

The blame for all of this is the NBA's awful collective bargaining agreement.
Not even close. And I agree the playoffs sucked but the okc vs warriors was possibly the best series of the playoffs. We can now kiss a decent rematch of that goodbye.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not even close. And I agree the playoffs sucked but the okc vs warriors was possibly the best series of the playoffs. We can now kiss a decent rematch of that goodbye.
Don't be mad, t. After he loses, your boy Lebron will just opt out and join Westbrook and Adams in OKC. He'll probably bring another superstar with him too.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How is this free agent process any different than the NFL, MLB, or NHL?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
They are going to have to do something about this in the next collective bargaining meetings. Things like this just add to why I don't watch much any more. That finals was painful to watch it was so bad.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Don't be mad, t. After he loses, your boy Lebron will just opt out and join Westbrook and Adams in OKC. He'll probably bring another superstar with him too.
LeBron never tipped the scales like this. I'm not mad, the Cavs are still going back to back.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Free agency in the NBA is different than the NFL because it's a stars league. With 12 man rosters, not 53, 1 player can have SO much more of an impact on the game. So if you get a big 3 in the NBA it's huge...not as big a deal if you make a big 3 in football.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Free agency in the NBA is different than the NFL because it's a stars league. With 12 man rosters, not 53, 1 player can have SO much more of an impact on the game. So if you get a big 3 in the NBA it's huge...not as big a deal if you make a big 3 in football.
The NFL is mostly about the QB and HC.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't I read somewhere that Golden State was considering abandoning small ball?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Durant hung in the purgatory of Oklahoma for 8 years. Now he gets to play where the media focuses. And with the most exciting player we have seen in many years. And another guy who is a beast on D and the boards. Everything I have read about KD points to a great guy. I have not enjoyed the NBA in a long time and Billy D will now have to really step up.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Warriors have won damn near every game for two years. How exactly does this make them better? It may really screw with their chemistry. They'll never win a title with Durant.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Warriors have won damn near every game for two years. How exactly does this make them better? It may really screw with their chemistry. They'll never win a title with Durant.
They'll be impossible to defend on the perimeter. Barring injuries, I think they are damn near unstoppable by midseason.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They'll be impossible to defend on the perimeter. Barring injuries, I think they are damn near unstoppable by midseason.
They've been that way the last two seasons. Didn't get them the ring this year.

I honestly don't see how Durant fits in with how that team plays offense. They will play differently with him on the floor. What effect that will have remains to be seen but it will have an effect, one way or another.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. They'll absolutely toast some teams.

Unlimited firepower, but they said that back when the 76ers had Dr. J, Bobby Jones, George McGinnis, and 2 other Allstars. Only problem was, there was only 1 ball among them.

GS had great chemistry and D last year. Durant's never been known for his D.

What's their bench going to be after this?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How is this free agent process any different than the NFL, MLB, or NHL?
I don't know a damn thing about the MLB or NHL, but the NBA is night and day different than the NFL.

The biggest issue I see is that the NBA has a maximum salary for players in addition to the salary cap for the team. If they didn't have that guys like KD and Lebron would make 40 or 50 mil a year instead of 25. If that was the case no team would be able to go sign so many superstars in free agency.

The way it works today, Harrison Barnes will make about the same amount as Durant. So guys like Durant determine which teams will win by deciding where they will play for way less money than they're worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator