Eff him: Butters getting hired as head coach of Central Michigan

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Between guys like Hugh Jackson, Charlie Weis, Willie Taggart, and Jim McElwain, I find it hard to not have some serious regrets with my career choices.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
With what we still have to pay him annually, he’ll definitely be the highest paid coach in their schools history.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That's exact;y what most folks here said about Muschamp. Hard to figure how some of these AD's spend their time.
I get your point, but the Chimp is Lombardi compared to Butters. Mac is the worst coach I've ever seen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I get your point, but the Chimp is Lombardi compared to Butters. Mac is the worst coach I've ever seen.

They're both horrendous and should be stocking the produce section at their local Publix.

Muschamp just has the ability to sell, both employers and recruits. Give him the '15-'17 rosters and I'm almost certain he'd be neck and neck. The fact that either one of them is allowed to coach football, much less get paid to do so, is an indictment on our society.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Between guys like Hugh Jackson, Charlie Weis, Willie Taggart, and Jim McElwain, I find it hard to not have some serious regrets with my career choices.
No doubt in my mind I could suck at being a HC at least as well as those guys.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They're both horrendous and should be stocking the produce section at their local Publix.

Muschamp just has the ability to sell, both employers and recruits. Give him the '15-'17 rosters and I'm almost certain he'd be neck and neck. The fact that either one of them is allowed to coach football, much less get paid to do so, is an indictment on our society.
Chimp is incompetent, Butters is lazy....that's even worse.

We at least had a freaking strength program under Chimp.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Never mention Chump in the same breath as Lombardi or anyone that’s coached above the level of pee wee football.
Except McElstain. Chump and McElstain can and should be uttered in the same breath.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Chimp is incompetent, Butters is lazy....that's even worse.

We at least had a freaking strength program under Chimp.
Chimps strength program filled up shands hospital. I've never seen so many injuries. They may have been slow and weak under mac but at least they were on the field muschamp was worse than mac imo. At least we tried to throw the ball . It's a very tight race but if I had to choose between the two, I'd take mac. We never lost to a d2 school at home with him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. We never lost to a d2 school at home with him.
Only bc we didnt give him time.

We actually fired him before the part of the third year in which Chump lost to 1AA team and Vandy (November). He could have done it given time.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I disagree with the thread title. Butters may be a candidate, but he shouldn't be considered strong.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Only bc we didnt give him time.

We actually fired him before the part of the third year in which Chump lost to 1AA team and Vandy (November). He could have done it given time.
No doubt he could of. But he didn't. Losing to Georgia southern was the most embarrassing loss for the gators in my lifetime.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chimps strength program filled up shands hospital. I've never seen so many injuries. They may have been slow and weak under mac but at least they were on the field muschamp was worse than mac imo. At least we tried to throw the ball . It's a very tight race but if I had to choose between the two, I'd take mac. We never lost to a d2 school at home with him.
giphy.gif

I’m glad I read before responding to Ox. Chimp’s S&C kept the Doctors employed.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Butters returns to the level of college football where he is possibly a candidate to be a head coach. With that said, I expect them to challenge Bowling Green for the cellar for years to come!

As an aside, does that mean NussNuts will be off the unemployment line now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.