Elway trashes Tebow in new book

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't care if it was 50 carats - it's his damn money.

Yeah I don't see the issue with this at all. He came from a family of means, played professional football for a few years with a 1st Round contract, and is now in broadcasting. Shouldn't surprise anyone that he has the money to buy whatever he wants. Nor should it offend them. Now, if he was pulling an "Osteen", that may be a little different, imo.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I heard he banged Elway’s old lady and then wouldn’t call her back. Not surprised Elway doesn’t care for him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
side question...and I honestly don't know about rings because I really don't g.a.f...but

how and why does the cost of an engagement ring get "leaked" or even discussed?
did someone recognize the ring on InstaTwitterBook and say.."Holy crap! That's the Quantazi Blood diamond derivative! Gotta be worth at least $750K!"

Or did Tebow say "hey, just bought my girl a $750k rock boys!"

Not only did he say that, but he finished with, "hey John, she's already half way to your ring total and didn't need two decades to do it, lol".

May explain some of this resentment.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I don't see the issue with this at all. He came from a family of means, played professional football for a few years with a 1st Round contract, and is now in broadcasting. Shouldn't surprise anyone that he has the money to buy whatever he wants. Nor should it offend them. Now, if he was pulling an "Osteen", that may be a little different, imo.

You and errbody else knows the ring money came out of that dufflebag that Meyer used to ensure Tim signed with the good guys instead of the Anti-Christ. All the rest is just walkin around money.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care if it was 50 carats - it's his damn money.

Maybe some people picture him ending up like the tearful Oscar Schindler at the end of that movie. "This ring....I could have saved one more!"

No where did I say I had an issue with it, but the price being out there isn't a shock either.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
The whole point of the wedding ring is to show his commitment to the bride. It's a gift, if it goes south she doesn't have to give it back. I have 2 daughters and if their future husbands give them a $750k ring I'm going to think they are in it for the long haul... So the wedding ring comment is just another gesture of Tim's selflessness.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently, the couple got engaged on Wednesday evening at Tebow’s family’s farm outside of Jacksonville, Florida. As they passed a small lake on the property, they stopped at a bench that had he had specially built and was engraved with the day that the couple met. As he got down on one knee, he told her “This ring is internally flawless — just like you” as his girlfriend beamed with excitement.

Damn, the diamond I gave my wife was not internally flawless. Does that mean I was calling her flawed just like it? No wonder she was pissed when she found out.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That "newbie" has been on the board for 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.