Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If only we could read it.

SEC
Dan Mullen, Florida: AD Scott Stricklin is firmly in his corner, backing the coach he worked with in their days at Mississippi State. However, Mullen has lost much of the momentum he had in Gainesville over the last 12 months. He’s had some embarrassing moments at the podium trying to explain losses with all sorts of odd comments that have come across as tone deaf, and he also has an NCAA show cause penalty, but it’s been the product on the field that has become concerning. The Gators are 2-6 in their last eight games against Power 5 opponents and that includes two losses against beleaguered LSU teams fielding half a roster both times as well as a bowl loss to Oklahoma by 35 points. Florida is 4-3 and aside from this Saturday’s game against Georgia will not face another FBS opponent with a winning record and also they have FCS Samford. It’s likely they’ll finish 8-4. He should be safe unless the Gators have another embarrassing loss or two along the way. Temperature check: Warm but getting warmer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
SEC
Dan Mullen, Florida: AD Scott Stricklin is firmly in his corner, backing the coach he worked with in their days at Mississippi State. However, Mullen has lost much of the momentum he had in Gainesville over the last 12 months. He’s had some embarrassing moments at the podium trying to explain losses with all sorts of odd comments that have come across as tone deaf, and he also has an NCAA show cause penalty, but it’s been the product on the field that has become concerning. The Gators are 2-6 in their last eight games against Power 5 opponents and that includes two losses against beleaguered LSU teams fielding half a roster both times as well as a bowl loss to Oklahoma by 35 points. Florida is 4-3 and aside from this Saturday’s game against Georgia will not face another FBS opponent with a winning record and also they have FCS Samford. It’s likely they’ll finish 8-4. He should be safe unless the Gators have another embarrassing loss or two along the way. Temperature check: Warm but getting warmer.
He’s gotta go first.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
SEC

Translation: I gave this fvkkwad a raise and extension, so I am fvkked

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He’s gotta go first.
55617730156afd9.gif

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I had a convo with a dude last night at my son's baseball practice. He mentioned being a gator and them going to a game recently. I said, yeah, me 2. I went to Florida, was there during spurriers reign, then said Im just on sitting around on fire dan mullen watch.

He immediately looked perplexed and said, you mean granthem? And i said no, Mullen. Mullen is the reason for granthem, the reason the offense still looks and plays like crap in year 4, the reason we get out coached, outrecruited, and out hustled in games by inferior opponents, and mullen is the reason for us never sustaining any consistency of any kind. If mullen was worth half of what he was making, hed make the hard decisions and cut ties with buddies who cant get it done, but he doesnt, so he has to go.

He spent the next 20 minutes disagreeing with me. Actually asked me if watched miss st when he was there b/c the offense was really good. I then looked at him perplexed and said it looked just like it does now. sideways passes, screens, and qb powers up the middle for minimal gains. Then mentioned hes been wrong on essentially every qb hes ever had, and the few good ones all got the job b/c of an injury to a complete dud he had selected over them. Then brought up the disastrous recruiting and how its 2x's as bad as it seems b/c as we dont get - fsu, miami, bama, dwags, lsu do get and we have to play all those teams nearly every season.

At that point he was full pump and fantasy land. Went with the standard, well who would you replace him with. I rattled off a laundry list of great names. "oh we could never get any of THOSE guys, be realistic" etc. He actually trashed lincoln riley and said hes not half the coach mullen is and that he wouldnt let him near the stadium. That he is only good b/c he was given the keys to a ferrarri. I told him he took that ferrarri and boatraced us with it last year. Then he excused the loss by saying, "well all our players that were good were opting out and prepping for the nfl." I reminded him that OU players all had the same option and unlike us, they didnt play for and lose their conf title. They won it, so they really didnt have much else to prove... yet they were all there and dialed in to do work. So why the disparity? He got frustrated at that point and the convo ended.

The fools like this guy that bend over and allow fuchs/fooley/strick to shove another sausage up their rectum while pretending how wonderful it feels are prevalent in our "fan" base and they are the reason we are where we are. We dont demand more as a majority fan base.

Imagine recreating this same convo between 2 bama fans, post saban with another mediocre coach whos sucking. You cant imagine it can you? Because it doesnt happen. Both fans would be hollering for the AD to make a change because this crap isnt accepted there, or at OU, OSU, etc. Our fan base is ultimately the issue b/c the majority are t-shirt fans who dont know or give 2 shts about actually winning something serious.
Hold on here. You have kids!

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
An early leader has emerged.

49667120971_5aba092170_k-1620x1080.jpg
There you go! That is EXACTLY the kind of gal...or, uhh...guy...I mean thing we need to run the Athletic Department.

First order of business, new football coach!

In this age of the never-ending, life-threatening danger of covid, doing things in person is a thing of the past. Not to mention, face-to-face contact reinforces attractive person prejudice and freedom-of-movement prejudice. What about people who are neither young and good-looking, nor free to go where they want?

Our new AD has just the right person in mind for the job.

An experienced coach who was never overly focused on what happened out on the playing field, where even the greatest accomplishments are only fleeting.

Instead, this coach concentrated on making young players feel like prizewinners where it really counted -- alone, in the locker room showers, long after practice was over.

If he has to coach via Zoom until the appeal goes through, so what? We can roll him out of the tunnel on a Segway-mounted tablet!

Like Coach always says, it's not about what you love, it's about how hard you love it!

So let's give a big orange and blue welcome, especially orange, to our new head coach,

JERRYYYYYYY SAAAAAAANDUSKYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

jerry-sandusky-d35153e9cf055f8f.jpg

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
The Gator press going negative on a coach usually is a pretty good sign he gone.
Keep the hope alive!
Yeah, and our lame AD gave him a three year extension and $12 million buyout end of last season when it was clear he was not leading the program in the right direction? Should Stricklin be on the hot seat as well?

Mullen has no eye for talent, look at the idiots he's surrounded himself with as assistant coaches, he played Franks over Trask, he's playing Jones over Richardson, his recruiting classes suck. There is plenty of evidence out there that he is clueless when it comes to spotting ability in anybody.
When they were losing the recruiting battles for renown players and he said "we do our own evaluations" you had to know he is FOS. He has major judgment issues, there is no doubt about that. His assistant coach, staff, recruiting, and player personnel decisions are as bad as they can be. He's good for an upset or two a year but we all now know he cannot keep pace with excellent HCs. Mullen is no better than an OC who became the interim HC but is still clearly over his head.

Whoever decided to pay him so much money should be fired and that's our AD. What a tool.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, and our lame AD gave him a three year extension and $12 million .
We fired the last lazy ass football coach after an extension.

And fired the wimminz basketball coach after an extension.

I also don't believe the buyout is 12 million. that was the original buyout. One of the articles specifically said the buyout was not extended.

Not sure that's the athletic director who made these extensions is going to be around anyway. athletic director's directors generally don't survive things like a SI article about how incompetent you are.

The buyout is not just the rest of the contract. People don't understand that, especially the journalists who cover our team.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
He was given a raise and contract extension of 3 years. His buyout was not raised but basically restarted with the new contract. Its a flat buyout so he gets the 12 million regardless of how much time is left on his contract unless what is owed on the contract is lower. 12 million buyout is very low.

Mullen one of highest-paid CFB coaches but buyout remains relatively low

"Our end, it is a flat $12 million or remaining value, whichever is lower," Stricklin said back in late 2017 after hiring Mullen. "The very fact we did it that way is I didn't want to get in a deal where there was pressure to do an extension just for guaranteed money's sake. We can extend the contract based on when it makes sense and not have to feel pressure to do because of the guaranteed piece."

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His buyout was not raised but basically restarted .
Wrong. Adding three years even doesnt "restart" it.

people are just making assumptions, bad assumptions. there was an article that one of the reasons Mullen was so mad it wouldn't sign his because it would not extend his buyout. he went 3 years without an extension.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Wrong. Adding three years even doesnt "restart" it.

people are just making assumptions, bad assumptions. there was an article that one of the reasons Mullen was so mad it wouldn't sign his because it would not extend his buyout. he went 3 years without an extension.

The buyout is in the contract. The contract was extended 3 years. It is a flat buyout. Its not rocket science.

math-class.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.