Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hilarious
And if that CEO said it will take three years to return our stock price to normal the sell off would be devastating. But Mullen would have to totally retool his staff- and it's not as if he has a deep assistant coaching pipeline. He probably has no idea who he would hire in place of his staff and most coaches wouldn't likely want to work for him. Sensing that is probably why he's failed to upgrade. The sad truth is that because Mullen let recruiting deteriorate even if he replaced his staff with better assistants and a wiley DC, we are two seasons from being competitive. We really aren't as talented as some would like to believe. And if we do have top 10 talent why are we unranked?

To answer your last question, we are unranked because Mullen keeps his best talent on the bench. AR has the potential to be a future #1 pick in the draft. He makes this offense at least 2 tds better, but he can't score if he's on the sidelines.

I also don't buy that he can't hire good defensive coaches. There are plenty of better coaches that would love to coach at the University of Florida. Mullen simply refuses to drop the deadweight coaches that we have to make an upgrade. He is 100% responsible for every loss we've had, and yet oh, he's always pointing fingers. Don't buy into his lack of accountability for himself.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Im at least twice as smart as I think I am.

No you're not. Based on this discussion about MuLLLen's buyout you are actually a dumdum of the worst kind. One who continues to argue a wrong position because they just want to argue. Your schtik is cute and funny but at the end of the day your just a half-arser trying to make something pretty easy into something difficult. Pretty much just a normal dumbarse.

Still waiting on the answer to the questions though. We are all too dumb to read a contract and you are the only one smart enough on the interwebz to figure it out. Hurry, you have to save the interwebz because something is wrong on it. I know your schedule is probably so full up on making real estate contracts and power of attorneys but please save us all with your contract reading prowess.

So please tell us all what his buyout is because every where I look it says its the lesser of a flat buyout of 12 million or what is left on his contract (2+ year remaining at 7.6 a year)?

So, tell me what his buyout is in his contract and not what you predict will happen?

Im guess your just going to use your new favorite insult 'fuchstard' in another one of your usual mundane elementary school level replies to make fun of me instead of just answering the question. Because you are wrong and you are just a dumbarse who spent a lot of money to go to school to print out a bunch of power of attorney and real estate contracts in real life.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
To answer your last question, we are unranked because Mullen keeps his best talent on the bench. AR has the potential to be a future #1 pick in the draft. He makes this offense at least 2 tds better, but he can't score if he's on the sidelines.

I also don't buy that he can't hire good defensive coaches. There are plenty of better coaches that would love to coach at the University of Florida. Mullen simply refuses to drop the deadweight coaches that we have to make an upgrade. He is 100% responsible for every loss we've had, and yet oh, he's always pointing fingers. Don't buy into his lack of accountability for himself.
Maybe Mullen is delusional, if not extremely insecure. If he could court then hire a better DC why did he hire Grantham and why in hell would he have called Grantham the best DC in college football when that has been objectively false at every job Grantham has had? Maybe Mullen is not as smart as we would hope.

At some point it comes across like a scheme and that Mullen is just the ringleader, somewhat dishonest.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
speaking of... the quote below from an Outkick article today. We all know Mullen can't recruit, but right now he REALLY can't, at least not on the road, per the sanctions. So why the evasive answers? Seems that "no" would be simple enough if your goal was to keep your job:

"On Monday, a reporter asked Mullen several times whether he had personally been out recruiting, to which he replied, “I am not going to get into the specifics of where everybody went or what’s going on with it.” Mullen was then asked again whether he had personally been on the road recruiting, and he did not bite. “I am not even gonna comment on any of that stuff, on who was where, why and how.”"
He is really in a bind and can't stand to be micromanaged. What a doofus. I wonder if his boss has been asking the same things or was asking prior to the show cause because it was clear a year ago they were losing most head to heads and ineffective. Were I his boss I would want to know if his assistants were doing their jobs. "Get your staff in here and bring all your records. I know who the top 20 recruits are in Jacksonville and I want to know exactly where we are with those players."

How serious was his recruiting violation? I thought it was minor but the NCAA's limiting his contact makes it sound like they thought there is or has been more to it than a simple oversight.

And taking that further, how are alabama and georgia able to recruit so effectively without seemingly breaking any of the NCAA's rules, the ones that matter? Is the NCAA turning its head? Did someone turn UF in? Could the other schools be breaking rules and cheating but receiving favorite status from the NCAA? I would think the NCAA would take a look at the schools that are recruiting so well that there could be something to investigate.

However, I think if bama and georgia were cheating, breaking rules- and especially paying recruits or making promises of payments- other schools would turn them in, even set traps. Some players would become disenchanted or feel cheated if others on their team were receiving tens of thousands or new cars, expense accounts and all the things that conspiracy theorists intimate are going on while we are forbidden to play on a level field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How serious was his recruiting violation? I thought it was minor but the NCAA's limiting his contact makes
It is the sort of violation that has resulted in every other coach who did it getting fired. Our WR coach a few years ago, and I guess English. Not really sure why English got fired for what Dan did.

What he did was set up a meeting with a receuit during a down pwriod And he set it up in writing, showing that not only is he a cheater but he's a stupid cheater, which probably doesn't surprise many of us.

And taking that further, how are alabama and georgia able to recruit so effectively without seemingly breaking any of the NCAA's rules, the ones that matter?
Effort mostly. Good recruiting coaches. A huge recruiting support staff full of competent talent evaluators and people who manage to ensure the recruits feel engaged by Uga or Bammer.

here how often do you hear recruit saying that Florida never really got back with them or never contacted them at all? Daily?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Effort mostly. Good recruiting coaches. A huge recruiting support staff full of competent talent evaluators and people who manage to ensure the recruits feel engaged by Uga or Bammer.
here how often do you hear recruit saying that Florida never really got back with them or never contacted them at all? Daily?
It's beyond belief, inept, revealing, negligent, embarrassing. It amounts to job abandonment.

How many have said Florida was late? Many. How many true four stars committed to Bama or georgia or Ohio State or Clemson that were never mentioned on Gator recruiting boards? First season, okay. Second season, iffy. Third season? Negligent. Where was Mullen's boss when it became clear to the rest of us that Mullens staff was ineffective? It seems like he was late as well, although it's possible he tried to identify through Mullen what was amiss and the doofus gave our AD the same run around he tries to give the media.

Mullen seems to do things on the cheap and perhaps that's because to spend money for support and accountability means they have to work, that all that creates work, obligation, responsibility, and accountability and that's not what he and his mediocre lazy staff are into.

Jacksonville?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'm twice as smart as the average donkey.
FIFY
Maybe Mullen is delusional, if not extremely insecure. If he could court then hire a better DC why did he hire Grantham and why in hell would he have called Grantham the best DC in college football when that has been objectively false at every job Grantham has had? Maybe Mullen is not as smart as we would hope.

At some point it comes across like a scheme and that Mullen is just the ringleader, somewhat dishonest.
Yeah, and Meyer just this season called Mullen one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in college football. These guys always talk up their assistants and friends. Reality is everyone knows Mullen and Grantham are crap coaches.

The way to tell when these guys are lying is when their mouths are moving.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FIFY

Yeah, and Meyer just this season called Mullen one of the top 2 or 3 coaches in college football. These guys always talk up their assistants and friends. Reality is everyone knows Mullen and Grantham are crap coaches.

The way to tell when these guys are lying is when their mouths are moving.

How many UF offensive assistants did Meyer contact to be part of his staff in Ohio State or Jacksonville?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
How many UF offensive assistants did Meyer contact to be part of his staff in Ohio State or Jacksonville?
Exactly. It's lip service. At this point there's no way Mullen thinks Grantham is a great DC but what do you expect him to say, "he sucks, which is on me"? When has Mullen ever taken any blame for anything? The Numbnut MF'er has the gall to talk about outgaining opponents after losses.

I don't believe for a second that Meyer thinks Dooshbag is a top coach. If anyone can evaluate coaching talent it's Meyer and he knows Mullen suck balz but it didn't stop him from calling him the top coach in college ball just behind or next to Saban.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Talking head on PAUULLLL TV the other night. Some kinda life coach for the high and mighty or something. Said among other things with regards to Mullenz that some people have a blind spot. Mullenz can't see that Grantham sucks, or recruiting matters etc.
#BlindSpotMullenz

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Talking head on PAUULLLL TV the other night. Some kinda life coach for the high and mighty or something. Said among other things with regards to Mullenz that some people have a blind spot. Mullenz can't see that Grantham sucks, or recruiting matters etc.
#BlindSpotMullenz

Blind Mullen. Hopefully he will be releasing his hit "No Reign" very soon.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
But you're not suggesting the same outcome as Hoon though, right? I mean, first the snake/shovel talk. Now this? All night coke bender and found in a bunk bed?
I'm not advocating violence. Something like this after he cleans out his office should suffice.

55bb83eadd0895c4198b45e7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member