Facilities Project Delayed One Year

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Stricklin said in a tweet that we are renovating the locker room (finally) this off season. It's absolutely ridiculous how far behind we are on facilities. Maybe we can get Byrd over here to explain why we actually aren't behind and how genius the UAA is in waiting until the third decade of this century to join the arms race....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course not. That would require you to step foot in the stadium on a Saturday in the fall.
I guarantee you Ive still been in the stadium a dozen times for every one time that you have. Hell it was the closest phone when I was in school. I went there ALMOST every night.

Yes.... before cellphones. Po boys just had calling cards.

Every now and then I went in the big tent instead (O "Dome").

Both were always open back then.

Last edited:

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I was meh about the baseball program. Now I’m down right “f em”.

Yeah! Fvkk ‘em all! Because the baseball program is obviously behind the complacency and mismanagement being suffered by the football program; not Fooley, not the UAA, but Sully and his minions. Bastards.

My sarcasm notwithstanding, this announcement is total bullshyt. I mean, Im thinking conspiracy theory. As if the UAA made the plan to feed us all a bone and get Gatornation off their back, knowing full well the project couldn’t be started for another year. Rising construction costs? What kind of BS excuse is that?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin said in a tweet that we are renovating the locker room (finally) this off season. It's absolutely ridiculous how far behind we are on facilities. Maybe we can get Byrd over here to explain why we actually aren't behind and how genius the UAA is in waiting until the third decade of this century to join the arms race....

But, but, you guys ain't seeing the bigger, brighter picture. The UF is stockpiling those funds so when colleges can pay athletes, we can pay the highest $ offers to the best recruits. Parsimonious with purpose, brilliant !

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It’s bull shyt and shows where priorities lie.
Football DESERVES a commitment. There’s obviously no one in the UAA championing the football program.
The UAA is already years and years late. The Allinone should be completed in time for spring practice 2021. If that means baseball has to play in the parking lot take a poll and see who gives a shyt.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's no reason why Florida baseball can't play at GHS or Buchholz for a season.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
There's no reason why Florida baseball can't play at GHS or Buchholz for a season.

I enjoy going to the baseball games but I totally understand the thought process. This whole thing is a complete joke as Fooley (PuppetMaster) pulling all the strings. Forget renting a high school field for games, there is a field over at Westside Park where they could play baseball.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. As if the UAA made the plan to feed us all a bone and get Gatornation off their back, knowing full well the project couldn’t be started for another year. Rising construction costs? What kind of BS excuse is that?

It is their bullshut to demand even MORE money, despite the fact that donations and football revenue already cover all they need.

They like to pretend that the donations are equally owed to lawndarts and thumb wrestling teams.

They should be told to fvkk off bc Gator Nation has already been more than generation despite decades of slumlording.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I enjoy going to the baseball games but I totally understand the thought process. This whole thing is a complete joke as Fooley (PuppetMaster) pulling all the strings. Forget renting a high school field for games, there is a field over at Westside Park where they could play baseball.
Pretty much anywhere could hold the 50 fans that actually show up for the average game.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Good deed if UF baseball spent minor funds to upgrade one of these school's field for our using it. Now accelerate our football facilities build. We need to hurry up so photos of recruits can be taken in phenomenal surroundings.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
This wouldn’t even be necessary. They can build the field, stands, and locker rooms in time for the 2020 season. Then could put up mobile homes for offices for one year and they can play there for one year. And then they could build out the rest of it with all the fancy trimmings for the 2021 season and beyond. This isn’t rocket science.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm told there were 10 angry UF baseball moms in Foley's office when he made the decision.

I'm not totally sure, but they could have all been MILFs.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
It is their bullshut to demand even MORE money, despite the fact that donations and football revenue already cover all they need.

They like to pretend that the donations are equally owed to lawndarts and thumb wrestling.

While I normally hate this who’s a bigger Gator BS, I have to ask: in light of the volume of your posts, how much of your “donation and football revenue” dollars are in that bucket? I’m comfortable with my contributions, and not trying to test who’s bigger, but are you even in the pool?

I agree with a number of your posts, but it also seems you “contribute” a lot more to this board than the UAA to bitch so much about how they are spending our money.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I'm told there were 10 angry UF baseball moms in Foley's office when he made the decision.

I'm not totally sure, but they could have all been MILFs.

Any post with “MILF” in it is an automatic like.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
While I normally hate this who’s a bigger Gator BS, I have to ask: in light of the volume of your posts, how much of your “donation and football revenue” dollars are in that bucket? I’m comfortable with my contributions, and not trying to test who’s bigger, but are you even in the pool?

I agree with a number of your posts, but it also seems you “contribute” a lot more to this board than the UAA to ***** so much about how they are spending our money.
Not any more. Why would you? They just pocket it tens of millions (send it elsewhere). Football makes 130ish millions per fvkking year and they spend two/thirds to three/quarters of it elsewhere.

We are the only top program that believes the purpose of football is to fund everything but football.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
tilly
Why the silly shot at Foley now?
I mean a new facility is on the way.
What is the point of digging this topic up?

jhbyrd
We made the best long term decision moving the baseball stadium to put our $65 million football stand alone facility in a better place by expanding the size of the football land package in the center of campus. It just takes longer. Our ranking will be near the top when we finish our planned stand alone center.

Our 2019 recruiting class is the one that has to wait till their senior year to get in UF's stand alone facility but Mullen's surprise first season should make the 2019 recruiting class better than was originally expected. Because UF did the Swamp facelift we currently have a large weight room that the 2019 class can use while the new facility is built plus we have an above average indoor practice field. UF is already well ahead of most programs in terms of our top tier athlete academic center.

The 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes are off to an impressive start. Having the new stand alone will help more for them as it will be one of the best in the country and they can use it quicker than the 2019 class. Our primary competition for recruiting is FSU and our stand alone center will be better than theirs and we have a superior athlete academic center

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.