Feleipe Franks

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He's recovered nicely since the Missouri game. The kid is tough as shcit and he's a competitor. Just played probably his best game against fsu. It's absolutely crazy to say "I hope he moves on". I do hope Emory gets a fair shot next fall if he's progressed though.
Who said they hoped he'd move on? Not a single person.

It's great to have a capable backup, which I why I hope he stays.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You get better at playing QB just like you get better at driving a car or playing a guitar. You practice. Hopefully this practice is under the supervision of experts who make sure you are practicing the skill correctly rather than just ingraining bad habits. What I'm saying is that people do get better at skilled endeavors, they aren't just born that way. Obviously you can't take some dude off the street and teach him to be a quarterback, there has to be some potential in there. My guess is that they see plenty of potential inside that big strong kid and still think that with enough practice the game will slow down enough for him to take it to the next level. We'll see. In the end, one season under Mullen isn't enough to write off such a young player.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't seen enough of EJ to have an opinion either way. He just seems small. They list him at 6-1, maybe in platform shoes, but he is usually the shortest guy on the field.
He isn't that small. He is a solid 6-1. Franks is just huge. There is a pic somewhere of all the QBs with Tebow. Even that walkon who played yesterday is pretty good size.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think Emory Jones beats him out in the Spring because Mullen wants Franks to be beaten out.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Did anyone here who is in favor of ditching Franks stop to consider that we might be replacing 4 of our starting offensive lineman next season?

I'll be honest I thought the kid was a waste even earlier this season however he seems to have had a wake up call and was making some steady improvement even before that. Yes, we've played 3 garbage secondary's lately but he has shown more accuracy and is reading his run options a little better also. He has 2 full seasons of seeing SEC defenses coming after him which can't be simulated.....In other words I wouldn't be suggesting he transfer just yet....

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Everybody ripping ff for the " it would be nice to beat the noles" comments. Im guessing he didnt want to be the guy to give any bulletin board quotes

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I said he SHOULD transfer, not that I want him to transfer. You need a solid back-up.

We're not even scratching the surface on how good this offense could be. Just need the right fit. Someone that doesn't hold the ball for two minutes while his brain tries to process things would be a great start.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Franks improved from flat out awful to slightly below average this year. That's a huge leap, but its nothing compared to the leap to very good/great. The prospects of seeing if he can't make it to mediocre next year is not the least bit exciting. Sure hope EJ is the real deal and gets the start against the Canes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest improvement is between the first and second season. Whoever is on the field next year, and the offense in general, will likely be much better than this year.

Nothing will be given to him. Mullin will make him work. This isn't Chimp just handing the job to Dipshytskel. And the actual competition will make all of them better.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest improvement is between the first and second season. Whoever is on the field next year, and the offense in general, will likely be much better than this year.

Nothing will be given to him. Mullin will make him work. This isn't Chimp just handing the job to Dipshytskel. And the actual competition will make all of them better.
You said first to second. How do you assume "much better"? Next season will be Franks' third.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Is it possible Franks could take another step forward and get better? Absolutely. Do I think he will? Absolutely not. I think we've seen the best of Franks, and it simply is not good enough if this team has championship aspirations.

It's been a long, long time since we had a QB that actually put fear into the heart of defenses. I desperately want that again.

I've already said this once before, if Saban can bench Jalen Hurts for a better passer and game manager then Mullen can do the same with Franks. Spurrier wouldn't have had a problem doing that either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You said first to second. How do you assume "much better"? Next season will be Franks' third.
Sorry I meant first and second year in a NEW OFFENSE/NEW COACH.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016

I really want to believe this.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
You get better at playing QB just like you get better at driving a car or playing a guitar. You practice. Hopefully this practice is under the supervision of experts who make sure you are practicing the skill correctly rather than just ingraining bad habits. What I'm saying is that people do get better at skilled endeavors, they aren't just born that way. Obviously you can't take some dude off the street and teach him to be a quarterback, there has to be some potential in there. My guess is that they see plenty of potential inside that big strong kid and still think that with enough practice the game will slow down enough for him to take it to the next level. We'll see. In the end, one season under Mullen isn't enough to write off such a young player.

I said this long ago: NFL HOF LB, Ray Lewis saw Franks play in the high school state playoffs and called him the "real deal." I gotta believe a kid with raw uncoached talent that impresses one of the greatest defensive players of all-time can become a serviceable/competent QB.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I said this long ago: NFL HOF LB, Ray Lewis saw Franks play in the high school state playoffs and called him the "real deal." I gotta believe a kid with raw uncoached talent that impresses one of the greatest defensive players of all-time can become a serviceable/competent QB.
Who wants a serviceable QB in his fourth year? I sure don't.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Feliepe 's stats, after a bowl game should be comparable to Jacoby Brissett 's first year at NC state. If anyone would have told me that we'd have that before this season, I'd have said "you're crazy".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator